April 27, 2024, 01:46:52 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What does music mean to you?

Started by Chōshū, August 18, 2009, 07:21:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

I just realized that when I have my music, I don't feel so lonely.

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Hïro on August 18, 2009, 11:08:28 PM
I just realized that when I have my music, I don't feel so lonely.

That's a start!

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

sans culottes

Quote from: Corporal Clegg on August 18, 2009, 10:24:59 PM
Hey, have you ever listened to "wire"? Specifically pink flag.
Have I? Fucking love Wire. One of my biggest musical influences. Pink Flag is a work of simplistic brilliance.

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on August 18, 2009, 10:39:06 PM
Also, the Warlocks turned into the Grateful Dead, I think.
Yep, there's just another newer band using that name. Doesn't really matter much, I was just using the Warlocks as an example. The same thing happened with Wolfmother. I read a review saying "The 70's was thirty years ago, why do you try to recreate it? Get with the times!". For one, that's flawed because Wolfmother is more 60's and 90's than they are 70's, but it's also kind of stupid. What's wrong with sounding like you're from the past? What would be better, for Wolfmother to do their retro psychedelica music and get famous for it, or for them to conform with the 2000s and make a bunch of shitty emo and/or pop-punk songs and get famous for it?

But when it all goes down to it, music is one of two things: a song I like, or a song I don't.
I support BUSH

j o e i n c

6M69I69B9

Music has influenced my life so much.  Whenever I feel so horrible, it brings me back up. It just gets me into the mood all the time and it changes my moods so quickly and I enjoy it.  It a really odd concept but it sure works out for me.  For every situation I feel there should be some music.  Just like some movie.  I use it in when I'm doing art, gaming, just almost everything.  It's my depressant.  It's a getaway from reality and into a state of the mind where you just don't ever want to leave. 
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Selkie

Yea, I think it's an amazing thing because over the years of my life, music has went from being simply entertainment, to being something much more.

Good music has the power to invoke such strong emotions, and cheer me up if I am down. But even more amazingly I think is how it helps you to connect to past memories...

If there was a time in my life when I listened to a certain CD, band, or song a real lot for a period of time (couple weeks, month), whenever I play that, it brings me back to that time in my life, and I instantly remember the whole feeling of my life at the time. It's almost as real as going back in time. The music seems to actually encapsulate the memories perfectly, and then they are opened up when I listen to it again.

That is why I always try to listen to specific albums for a period of time before I move on to a new one.

InfiniteBlaze

It's something that I listen to, lol

snorkel

Throughout my life I've found music more accessible than many (but not all) other forms of art, and I am so accustomed to it that I often require a soundtrack to work or think. It is also one of my absolute favorite and most cherished forms of expression; I feel like I can connect to everything much better through enjoying and creating music than other things. If someone were to tell me I could never hear music again it would be like taking one of my limbs or primary senses.

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

??????

Music is an artistic catalyst for me since it creates wonderful movies inside of my mind that I can manipulate and then attach to sound. It is also a trigger that triggers certain emotions when I want and if I attach myself to a certain piece long enough I attach a bit of myself with it combining the music and myself into one.

I got very depressed when my iPod wasn't working for a day.

hotlikesauce.

PuuMastaFunk

It's my entire life, especially my future. That's why I'm planning on going to college, so I can be a band director.

Wrench

Music is something I am very passionate about. It allows me to escape the outside world and become part of the song. It puts my mind at peace and just lets me enjoy the moment. I absolutely love music.

Go Up