March 28, 2024, 01:02:07 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

whats the harm?

Started by reeper, August 30, 2009, 03:41:41 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

http://whatstheharm.net/

click

Whats the harm in believing in life after death?

Chōshū

To me it just seems illogical. 

Oh

It's childish to believe in fairtytales are true as an adult, believing in a Deity is the same. I don't feel comfortable among people who believe in wizards as a truth.  akudood;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Rawl on September 10, 2009, 04:24:40 PM
It's childish to believe in fairtytales are true as an adult, believing in a Deity is the same. I don't feel comfortable among people who believe in wizards as a truth.  akudood;

I wish everyone was as cool as you.

madood;

Classic

It's good for writing purposes.  happydood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Rawl on September 10, 2009, 04:24:40 PM

how heartwarmingly accepting of you happydood;

Thyme

September 10, 2009, 05:38:43 PM #6 Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:41:48 PM by Thyme
Apparently, I can't see the video because of copyrights issues, but I can say this:

Belief in life after death doesn't necessarily imply belief in a deity.

Classic

I believe in reincarnation as well.  giggle;

Thyme

Oh

Quote from: Kaz on September 10, 2009, 05:34:36 PM
how heartwarmingly accepting of you happydood;
Tell me you would take someone seriously if they told you they thought Santa Claus and The Berenstain Bears existed and they were older than 20.  akudood; 

Samus Aran

Quote from: Rawl on September 10, 2009, 06:50:34 PM
Tell me you would take someone seriously if they told you they thought Santa Claus and The Berenstain Bears existed and they were older than 20.  akudood; 

Not really the same seeing as how both are openly confessed and realized by everyone as being fictional. akudood;

Travis

Quote from: Kaz on September 10, 2009, 06:55:40 PM
Not really the same seeing as how both are openly confessed and realized by everyone as being fictional. akudood;
you can't prove that >=O

Oh

Quote from: Kaz on September 10, 2009, 06:55:40 PM
But there is no difference as far as proof of their existences goes, all religious texts are old and can't be taken as nonfictional. How can anyone believe fairytales from such an old age simply because it says that a superior being told so and so to write it? It's childish to believe in things with absolutely no foundation on proof except for a book that someone wrote with amusing stories (hence the children book comparison).  akudood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Rawl on September 10, 2009, 07:00:36 PM
But there is no difference as far as proof of their existences goes

yeah there is

we know who created and who created the berenstein bears, and we thus know that they were created and are totally fictional

we don't know who created god, if someone did

Lance Corporal Atlas

Because apparently the same people that bash religious figures for enforcing their beliefs simply can't do with somebody believing in or even acknowledging the possibility of a higher power.

Go Up