When cars become more efficient government might tax you by how far you travel

Started by reeper, August 27, 2009, 10:12:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

?????

Quote from: Nathan on April 19, 2010, 05:53:13 PM
Yeah, I know. I'm saying there's already an unnessecary tax. When cars become super efficient that should just get rid of a tax on any type of fuel.
That's why they would want to tax you on how far you drive, because they wouldn't receive as much from gas tax. What are you trying to say?

Also you said the upkeep should come from current tax dollars. What? Do you mean that we shouldn't add more taxes? If the amount coming in from taxes isn't enough for upkeep then shouldn't we add or increase taxes?
Die for Dethklok

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: TheSequel on April 19, 2010, 08:09:41 PM
That's why they would want to tax you on how far you drive, because they wouldn't receive as much from gas tax. What are you trying to say?

Also you said the upkeep should come from current tax dollars. What? Do you mean that we shouldn't add more taxes? If the amount coming in from taxes isn't enough for upkeep then shouldn't we add or increase taxes?

I'm trying to say that there shouldn't be a gas tax, essentially a tax on how far you travel, so there shouldn't be another tax when cars become more efficient.

No, we shouldn't add more taxes. We should redistribute the money from the taxes.

?????

Die for Dethklok

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: TheSequel on April 22, 2010, 06:55:33 PM
How should we redistribute?

Use less dollars that are going towards stuff that aren't going towards roads.

Go Up