September 28, 2024, 09:59:08 AM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Microsoft getting its shit together

Started by The artist formally known, August 10, 2009, 08:30:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

August 10, 2009, 08:30:13 PM Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:26:12 PM by reefer

Windows 7
Zune HD
Windows retail stores
New logo (I'm not sure if it's the new Window logo but it looks to be the retail store's logo)
Big 360 update
Bing

Notice the "I'm a PC" shirt, like Microsoft is trying to use it to their advantage.

Their stores will feature their surface.

Feynman

ME##

I think that logo is just being used on their retail stores.  Though, it's nice to see them getting serious about revamping their image.

Hiro

I don't really like the logo, but I do agree with you. It seems like they're finally realizing they need to step up their game a little bit, and so far they're doing a decent job of it.
They're such a huge company, but they do often have neat projects going on, it's just that most of it goes nowhere.

Yay one of the first stores is in Scottsdale; I'll surely check it out.  hocuspocus;

Title

I dont really care for most of the products, but It's good for the economy so thumbup;

Thyme

Quote from: reefer on August 13, 2009, 06:33:11 AM
Nevermind, there are like seven versions of Windows 7 (thats what the seven means)

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/03/windows-7-skus-announced-yes-your-worst-nightmare-has-come-to/

Bah, only two of those will really be available to normal peeps.

And people who bought a computer in late June and later are getting it freeeeeeee. spam;

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on August 13, 2009, 10:12:21 AM
Bah, only two of those will really be available to normal peeps.

And people who bought a computer in late June and later are getting it freeeeeeee. spam;

Any version?  O_0  Or just the 'Home Premium' version?

Thyme

Quote from: Дави́д on August 13, 2009, 11:24:35 AM
Any version?  O_0  Or just the 'Home Premium' version?

The version corresponding to the version of Vista installed on their new computer. So yeah, Home Premium in most cases. n_u

Feynman

I hope no one is stuck with Home Basic. akudood;

Hiro

Quote from: Bassir on August 13, 2009, 04:25:17 PM
I hope no one is stuck with Home Basic. akudood;
I don't believe that option is even available in the US  akudood;

Go Up