June 16, 2024, 03:51:27 AM

1,531,265 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I'd like to learn HTML and CSS

Started by Lotos, August 04, 2009, 11:29:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lotos

August 04, 2009, 11:29:44 AM Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:07:51 AM by reefer
I only know some basic HTML from Neopets (lol).  This is what I know:

[spoiler]bold/italic/ul/strike tags, img (title, size, link), how to link, headers I just learned, bullets, horizontal line[/spoiler]

Which would be better, book or websites?  If so, could someone link me to that book or website (preferably one with an easy to navigate layout)?  I'd like to learn some CSS, just from seeing what it did back in the day on Neopets.  I'd probably also like to learn javascript and php once I get html down too.

Feynman

HTML and CSS is good to know, but it's useless until you learn a real site-designing language like PHP.

http://www.w3schools.com/

Lotos

Thanks bassir :3  My school wouldn't teach me this stuff.  They had the class freshman year, but they probably didn't have enough students.  I think we just barely got the intro to computer programming class this year.  Fuck East Islip only caring about sports and art :(

snorkel

Just look at sites' source codes and use elements from them to try doing something yourself, and lookup things on w3schools along the way. That's how I learned... although you need to have a basic understanding of HTML tables and CSS properties before you start. They're both incredibly easy to pickup though.

Quote from: Bassir on August 04, 2009, 11:32:18 AM
HTML and CSS is good to know, but it's useless until you learn a real site-designing language like PHP.

http://www.w3schools.com/

That makes no sense, it's the other way around. PHP is useless until you have a design to use it or implement it in, and the base of web design (unless it's a web app type thing) is xhtml/css. How would you design a site entirely with PHP?

Go Up