April 17, 2024, 05:22:43 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Supposedly great albums you just can't get into

Started by Samus Aran, August 01, 2009, 09:47:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

burzumfan420

Quote from: Skylark on August 12, 2009, 03:35:53 PM
Strawberry Jam is one of my favorite Animal Collective albums and along with Feels I think it is the easiest album for people who don't love Animal Collective to listen to because... they're normal songs. Merriweather Post Pavillion has "My Girls" and "Summertime Clothes" to a lesser extent "In the Flowers" and "Bluish" other than that it's all pretty out there.

I need to get feels, i just have MPP, strawberry jam and sun tongs(i have to listen to it though i just downloaded)
Quote from: coz on August 12, 2009, 03:32:19 PM
Punk didn't die, it dissappeared. Post-punk refers to many styles of alternative that developed after the original punk movement ended.

Punk didn't die, or disappear it just went back underground where it belongs. post-punk is bands that took the took DIY style and made other kinds of music

Skylark

Quote from: burzumfan420 on August 12, 2009, 04:53:18 PM

I need to get feels, i just have MPP, strawberry jam and sun tongs(i have to listen to it though i just downloaded)

Feels is a good album. So many solid tracks.

haha I love "We Tigers" if you don't listen to albums straight through when you hear them (which I suggest that you do) listen to "We Tigers" first
the book of right on

burzumfan420

Quote from: Skylark on August 12, 2009, 05:14:52 PM
Feels is a good album. So many solid tracks.

haha I love "We Tigers" if you don't listen to albums straight through when you hear them (which I suggest that you do) listen to "We Tigers" first

I always (try to) listen to albums straight through, you got me excited so i have to listen to it now.

Skylark

awww I didn't think of that. I would have done the same thing. I hope you enjoy it!
the book of right on

sans culottes

Quote from: burzumfan420 on August 12, 2009, 04:53:18 PM
Punk didn't die, or disappear it just went back underground where it belongs. post-punk is bands that took the took DIY style and made other kinds of music
I use "dissappear" as in, it disappeared from popularity. It's never been dead, but it's had a few waves of massive success.
I support BUSH

burzumfan420

Quote from: coz on August 12, 2009, 06:54:03 PM
I use "dissappear" as in, it disappeared from popularity. It's never been dead, but it's had a few waves of massive success.
O ok, i thought you just meant the genre itself was just gone.

Just finished listening to sun tongs, we tigers was easily the best song, will have to listen to it a few more times though before i can form a solid opinion.

Daddy

Anything by The Mars Volta.

I've tried repeatedly and it just doesn't click.

Geno

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on August 12, 2009, 10:47:47 PM
Anything by The Mars Volta.

I've tried repeatedly and it just doesn't click.
Because they suck
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

Quote from: Geno on August 13, 2009, 12:23:18 AM
Because they suck

I think that's a bit harsh. I like them, at least I like some of their songs, but I can't really get "into" any of their albums either.

Placebo Headwound

Geno

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on August 13, 2009, 12:46:50 AM
Says the one with the generic metalhead taste. baddood;
LOL GENERIC
UR SO GENERIC MAN
DUDE STOP BEIN SO GENERIC
stfu theef : |
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Geno on August 13, 2009, 12:51:59 AM
LOL GENERIC
UR SO GENERIC MAN
DUDE STOP BEIN SO GENERIC
stfu theef : |
Korn.

[spoiler]lol[/spoiler]

sans culottes

Quote from: Geno on August 13, 2009, 12:23:18 AM
Because they suck

I don't like 'em either, but you gotta respect them as artists. This idea that "if I don't like them, they suck" is the reason why people trash my 60's heroes. And it makes me a sad, sad, little man.  :(
I support BUSH

Roach

Quote from: coz on August 12, 2009, 03:32:19 PM
Punk didn't die, it dissappeared. Post-punk refers to many styles of alternative that developed after the original punk movement ended.
Lul, I could list 5 bands from every decade off the top of my head, easily. And it didn't disappear, or there wouldn't still be punks in my generation. You just have to look beyond MTV, and all the corporate rock bullshit.

Subculture is still here. giggle;
There will always be a Moon over Marin.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Roach on August 13, 2009, 09:18:46 AM
Lul, I could list 5 bands from every decade off the top of my head, easily. And it didn't disappear, or there wouldn't still be punks in my generation. You just have to look beyond MTV, and all the corporate rock bullshit.

Subculture is still here. giggle;

Quote from: coz on August 12, 2009, 06:54:03 PM

Just to prevent coz from raging.

Go Up