March 28, 2024, 11:51:33 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Did God create Evolution?

Started by Spam, July 31, 2009, 10:55:14 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chōshū

Quote from: Slim on August 03, 2009, 09:37:46 PM
Please clarify what you're trying to get across in this sentence.

My point is this.  Christians have their view of the world, atheists have theirs.

In many cases, I've heard Christians say "why can't atheists just let us believe what we want?"

In the case of Richard Dawkins and many other atheists, they can't let the Christians do that....And the reason for this is the same reason why the Christians help recruit and bring other people into their own faith.  To Christians, there's only one way that the world works.  The way of the bible, and the way of Jesus.  To many atheists like Richard Dawkins, they feel like they can't allow themselves to watch these people delude themselves and their children, and they feel like they need to do something about it.  As a means of...preserving reality per say. 

I'm not an extreme atheist by any means.  Nor am I a follower of any organized religion.  But at the end of the day, many atheists just feel like they can't stand to watch people lying to themselves every day, even if it makes them happy.  Because in the long run, it impedes the progress of society, and overall, mankind.

Selkie

If you want to believe in God, then do so, if you want to believe in nothing, then do so. And shut the fuck up about it.

That's my view. Honestly there are millions of theories and beliefs about where we came from out there, and the living will never know which one is actually true so just don't bother thinking about it, let alone arguing about it.

There is one concrete universal fact, and that is that the existence of life or anything for that matter is totally pointless. But the good thing is that's the beauty of life, there doesn't need to be a point.

Daddy

Quote from: Selkie on August 04, 2009, 03:43:41 PMif you want to believe in nothing, then do so. And shut the fuck up about it.
I can't do that when there are people trying to push the bullshit that is ID into public schools and discriminate against atheists(boy scouts, a lot of people will refuse to vote for someone if they don't believe in a god, it goes on).

It's the religious people who make it an issue not the atheists.

Chōshū

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on August 04, 2009, 03:47:53 PM
I can't do that when there are people trying to push the bullshit that is ID into public schools and discriminate against atheists(boy scouts, a lot of people will refuse to vote for someone if they don't believe in a god, it goes on).

It's the religious people who make it an issue not the atheists.

This

Plus, the atheists have the right to voice their opinions.  God knows the Christians do when it comes to politics.  Obama makes a quote stating that the United States is becoming a heavily Muslim populated country and the Republicans are crawling up walls.

If I remember correctly 11% of the United States classify themselves as atheists or agnostics.  Imagine if these guys took a stand.  A group as large as that would harbor a decent amount of lobbying power.  At least enough to get their say in a situation.

There's only ONE openly atheist politician in the entire congress.  That's both the house of representatives and the senate.  Just one.  Then you have many moderates (like Obama as president), and then you have many many religious extremists that believe that ID should be taught in schools and such.

I think atheists need to take a stand.  It's the spirit of America.  One man, one vote; but make your voice heard in anyway possible so that maybe; just maybe people will decide that your decision is truly the logical one.

Feynman

Quote from: Smell Memory on August 04, 2009, 06:30:23 PM
but there are families that grew up in a religion-centered household that seem pretty happy  akudood;

that's the illusion of happiness conveyed by their servility for their authoritarian/oppressive creator

they're never really happy akudood;

Smell Memory

Quote from: Bassir on August 07, 2009, 12:07:15 AM
that's the illusion of happiness conveyed by their servility for their authoritarian/oppressive creator

they're never really happy akudood;
that's why i said seem  akudood;

Felt: because politics are for fools y/n
Felt: goldfrapp controls everything.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Selkie on August 05, 2009, 04:29:23 PM
Fuck the catholics.
Woah easy there. They're much less in your face than many protestant sects besides...

Feynman

Quote from: YPR on August 07, 2009, 07:51:24 AM
Woah easy there. They're much less in your face than many protestant sects besides...

They're still in your face and think condoms worsen the AIDS problem. akudood;

Oh

Many atheists believe religion is a waste of time and it makes people ignorant, which is true. I'm fine with religion, as long as Christians or any other religion tries to get benefits and force others out of their rights just because their book tells them it's wrong. The way it will be is that there are more atheists because of the internet and how easy it is to find knoledge and answers know, it should always be questioned until there is evidence, that is how science and the world works. Religious people try to cover this by hiding their fears and questions behind a 2000 year old book, and remember, this is a time before when people were killed just because someone accused them of being a witch. And lets not even bring up the laws in some third world countries.  akudood; Religion is a tool used to make people ignorant and feel comfortable at the same time, it should be fine to let people believe in what they want, but just don't push it into others people's lifes like gay marriage.

Go Up