June 25, 2024, 07:51:03 PM

1,531,273 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

This pretty much sums up the new generation of gamers

Started by strongbad, July 26, 2009, 01:37:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

StarPilot

Quote from: Somali Pyrate Boyah on July 27, 2009, 06:39:21 AM
*disparaging comment about the younger generation*
Why in my day we walked 10 miles uphill in the snow just so we could buy a new game for our Sega Genesis or SNES, and games back then were cartridges and not one of today's newfangled DVDs or BlueRaes or digitalwhatsits you younguns use now.
/crochetyoldgamer

Samus Aran

Quote from: Juni on July 26, 2009, 10:49:31 PM
I'm so happy I taught my nephews to appreciate the classics. They may be 8, but bald bull doesn't stand a chance.

pft

Bald Bull is so easy anyway baddood;

Nyerp

whenever i try to play an older game and it's too hard i just quit and never touch it again lol

Hiro

oddly, I seem to find a lot of newer games to be much harder than older ones  O_0
but at the same time, it's a different kind of difficulty, where the old games required thinking and skill to move forward, while newer games just kind of throw shit at you just to make it harder to get through

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on July 29, 2009, 11:41:59 PM
oddly, I seem to find a lot of newer games to be much harder than older ones  O_0
but at the same time, it's a different kind of difficulty, where the old games required thinking and skill to move forward, while newer games just kind of throw shit at you just to make it harder to get through

but the hardest old games were just the throw shit at you type as well akudood;

or a combination of throw shit at you and having one-hit deaths or at least really fast deaths

like contra and various shmups and battletoads

Samus Aran

except for Ecco that was just fucking ridiculous timing and retarded puzzles as well as dying quickly

god damn i hate that game

Hiro

Quote from: Ken on July 29, 2009, 11:45:49 PM
but the hardest old games were just the throw shit at you type as well akudood;

or a combination of throw shit at you and having one-hit deaths or at least really fast deaths

like contra and various shmups and battletoads
yeah those aren't usually my type of game

Geno

Quote from: Hïro on July 29, 2009, 11:50:45 PM
yeah those aren't usually my type of game
what are your type of games
halo world at war?
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Hiro

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

spaceman

Liquid

Anger is a gift.

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Travis

my friend's younger brother who is like 8 is way into older games. he has an n64, genesis, atari 2600, and like a GBC.

sans culottes

As scary as it is, one day, there will be kids who don't see any fun in Pokemon Red and Blue.
I support BUSH

Go Up