April 27, 2024, 07:55:50 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Rock Band Network

Started by Samus Aran, July 27, 2009, 06:21:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

This news is actually a week old, but I never noticed anyone here talking about it so maybe none of you know yet.

MTV Games and Harmonix are soon going to launch "Rock Band Network," which is a subscription for musicians in which they buy the right and the tools to chart their own songs and put them up for download.

Details and full article here.

I think it's a fucking awesome idea, myself. I hope some cool indie bands and artists will put up some good songs for us, and I hope it works out so that some otherwise unrecognized bands/artists can make a name for themselves.

Hiro

Yeah, that should pretty much cement Rock Band as the best music game

Geno

Quote from: Hïro on July 27, 2009, 06:29:10 PM
Yeah, that should pretty much cement Rock Band as the best music game
Weren't you the one who was goin on about how Guitar hero is better when Rock Band 2 first came out
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Petro

Or you people could just use RawkSD. baddood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Petro on July 27, 2009, 10:32:31 PM
Or you people could just use RawkSD. baddood;

Except you completely ignored a large portion of why Rock Band Network is awesome, which is that the artists get good advertising.

strongbad

I really hope that some lesser known artists that I love catch wind of this.

Petro

Quote from: Ken on July 27, 2009, 10:43:49 PM
Except you completely ignored a large portion of why Rock Band Network is awesome, which is that the artists get good advertising.
With RawkSD they could get good free advertising.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Petro on July 27, 2009, 11:14:36 PM
With RawkSD they could get good free advertising.

How? Harmonix wouldn't be letting everyone who owns the game download their song if it was done illegally.

doodthing;

Petro

Quote from: Ken on July 27, 2009, 11:15:31 PM
How? Harmonix wouldn't be letting everyone who owns the game download their song if it was done illegally.

doodthing;
Why are people violently opposed to modifications?

Games like Rock band and Guitar Hero should have had the ability for you to make and import your own songs in the first place.  If an artist wanted to make their own charts rather than paying Harmonix to do it and release it on RawkSD, I don't see why this is so evil compared to paying Harmonix to do it.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Petro on July 28, 2009, 09:22:20 AM
Why are people violently opposed to modifications?

Games like Rock band and Guitar Hero should have had the ability for you to make and import your own songs in the first place.  If an artist wanted to make their own charts rather than paying Harmonix to do it and release it on RawkSD, I don't see why this is so evil compared to paying Harmonix to do it.

I'm not violently opposed to mods, I could care less.

My point is that, yeah you might get free advertising by modding, and yeah you might get a couple other people to get your charts that way, but it's nothing compared to the sheer amount of exposure you'd get by doing it with Rock Band Network. Believe it or not, most people don't mod, and most people aren't going to download something that isn't available directly from their TV when they connect to XBL, or PSN, or Nintendo's shitty excuse for an online service.

I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is, so you could maybe shut up now. doodthing;

Petro

Quote from: Ken on July 28, 2009, 10:26:17 AM
I'm not violently opposed to mods, I could care less.

My point is that, yeah you might get free advertising by modding, and yeah you might get a couple other people to get your charts that way, but it's nothing compared to the sheer amount of exposure you'd get by doing it with Rock Band Network. Believe it or not, most people don't mod, and most people aren't going to download something that isn't available directly from their TV when they connect to XBL, or PSN, or Nintendo's shitty excuse for an online service.

I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is, so you could maybe shut up now. doodthing;
Well if it's a less known band it probably won't matter where they put their charts and things unless Harmonix gives it away for free or something.

Although I do agree with you about the downloading thing.  baddood;

Go Up