March 28, 2024, 05:48:20 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What is love?

Started by Sam, July 09, 2009, 08:49:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I fucking hate love.

Love caused me nothing but grief. Stupid Love.

Don't get me wrong here, love is a pretty good thing when you have it.

But when you lose it, it fucking sucks. I hate love. The way you feel after you've lost love doesn't even justify having the love to begin with.

So Love is a drug.

Virgule punctuation mark

July 10, 2009, 03:10:53 PM #16 Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 06:58:22 PM by Virgule punctuation mark
I would say it is an ability to make a more proper social decision through hormones or other positive feelings. Humans in particular have become very reliant in companionship or society, emotions such as love can lead one to a proper life, though like any part of a living being it has its own faults and errors.

Impulsive love is a natural instinct to find a mate who carries good traits to produce better offspring. Long term love with a spouse ensures said offspring will lead a safe and well fed life from both parents. in turn the child will develop a love of their providers causing mutual benefit, the child is taken care of and will later ensure their parent can live longer when they are too old or sickly to provide for themselves. other types of love such as loyalty to a leader, country, or friend usually provide their own kind of benefits to peace and survival, since the trait that attracts loyalty are also traits that are in the long run better for yourself.

Then again there are those who can create false attraction to satisfy their own needs without giving back in turn, but in the end those types are usually looked down upon by average society.

burzumfan420

A lot people confuse love with lust.

sans culottes

"Love is real, real is love,
Love is feeling, feeling love,
Love is wanting to be loved.
Love is touch, touch is love,
Love is reaching, reaching love,
Love is asking to be loved.
Love is you,
You and me,
Love is knowing,
We can be.
Love is free, free is love,
Love is living, living love,
Love is needing to be loved. "

According to John Lennon, that is love. Of course, that doesn't really explain too much. To me, love is in different stages. You got your brotherly love and your family love - you know, non-romantic, but caring. Then you got your romantic love, which is obvious.
I support BUSH

l a c e y

What is love? Oh baby, don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more.

Classic

Zach

If I say that I love someone, that could mean a million things. However, saying that I'm in love with someone always means romantic love.

l a c e y

Quote from: UnSid on July 10, 2009, 01:10:15 PM
So Love is a drug.

A good one. I think it's worth it in the end. Even if you do lose the person you loved.

Lex Luthor

Why am i still here?

burzumfan420

Travis

Lex Luthor

Quote from: Trav on July 13, 2009, 10:34:09 AM
what you feel toward sam

no.
Quote from: burzumfan420 on July 13, 2009, 09:31:16 AM
sexual attraction

so fall in love with the uglyst person can find thats how you find love.
Why am i still here?

burzumfan420

Quote from: Lex Luthor on July 13, 2009, 04:57:42 PM
so fall in love with the uglyst person can find thats how you find love.

You can love people who you are sexually attracted to, but if that is the only thing that makes you love the person it is lust.

Selkie

It's the warm, inescapable feeling of excitement and happiness you get when you have found someone who's combination of physical traits and character do something for you. If you can't stop thinking about them, want to spend time with them, and just simply want to see or be around them, and when you know you can't have them feel sick, then it's love.

I believe in love at first sight. Some girls just glow with a certain aura that makes me know I would love to be with them. It isn't even 100% physical attraction. I'd say that's about half of it.

There's a distinguishable difference inside when you see a girl you love and when you see a girl you just want to fuck.

Chris (JayJay)

I thinks love is obviously a mutual feeling between two people. They both trust in each other, care about each other and pretty much accepts the person for who they are. You just want to spend the rest of your life with the person and do whatever it takes to make them happy. You just want to spend your whole time with the person, never stop thinking about them. Be there whenever they are down. That's the best i could do to describe love. though idk how to describe how it feelsz, it's hard.

or something |:

Go Up