April 24, 2024, 10:34:14 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Wicca.

Started by GingaNinja, July 08, 2009, 02:25:02 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GingaNinja

July 08, 2009, 02:25:02 AM Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:26:45 PM by GingaNinja
I'm just curious if there are any Wiccans here besides me.

If so, how did you get into it?  How long have you been in it?  Also pictures of your shrine.  :3

superclucky

I like their Rule of Three thingy. :3
kewns are smelly

Classic

I read Tarot Cards. That's considered a Wiccan activity. That's all I've got.

j o e i n c

yo wanna give a shout out to all my zoroastrian homies on here

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I have some wiccan chairs. They are pretty comfortable.

burzumfan420

I always thought wiccas were kids who wanted to seem dark and mysterious by doing witch shit.

Lozal

Quote from: j o e i n c on July 08, 2009, 08:22:36 AM
yo wanna give a shout out to all my zoroastrian homies on here
I have quite an interest in Zoroastrianism, especially of the Zurvanite variety. <3
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

sans culottes

Quote from: burzumfan420 on July 11, 2009, 10:37:44 AM
I always thought wiccas were kids who wanted to seem dark and mysterious by doing witch shit.

This is how I feel, too. Most satanists, neo-pagans, and wiccans are just pretentious kids. They don't want to be like their Christian upbringing, but don't understand atheism, so they pick an obscure religion that doesn't make a lot of sense. It's SO COOL AND MYSTERIOUS.

I won't generalize, though. I've no problem with someone who follows paganism seriously, but the pretentious bunch is pretty stupid.
I support BUSH

l a c e y

Quote from: NautSyd on July 10, 2009, 01:11:05 PM
I have some wiccan chairs. They are pretty comfortable.

Aren't those called wicker chairs?

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: laylay on July 28, 2009, 06:34:16 PM
Aren't those called wicker chairs?
oh shit you're right.

Houdini

Quote from: coz on July 28, 2009, 03:03:15 PM
This is how I feel, too. Most satanists, neo-pagans, and wiccans are just pretentious kids. They don't want to be like their Christian upbringing, but don't understand atheism, so they pick an obscure religion that doesn't make a lot of sense. It's SO COOL AND MYSTERIOUS.

I won't generalize, though. I've no problem with someone who follows paganism seriously, but the pretentious bunch is pretty stupid.
I think that's a problem every religion faces. Yes, paganism is known for having a lot of young, uninformed pseudo-followers, but there are still plenty of serious pagans. It's a legitimate spirituality. Think about it: How many Christians out there are kids who don't think much about their faith and simply go to church because that's what they were taught to do? Definitely a lot. Christianity is still a legitimate faith, so the same should go for paganism.

As for Wicca: I have an interest in paganism, but I wouldn't really consider being a Wiccan. It's similar to Druidism in that it's a bit gender-specific, which really isn't my thing. Also, one thing that bugs me is how a lot of people think Wicca and paganism are the same thing. They're not. Wicca is just one form of paganism.

sans culottes

That's pretty much true, but these days, most kids with the faith they were born into are pretty casual about it. I'm just a little more ticked about pseudo-pagan kiddies because paganism makes less sense to me than Christianity. Of course, no religion really makes sense, so I don't really mind any religion that promotes good values.
I support BUSH

Classic

GingaNinja

That's one thing that defiantly annoys me and is a downside to being a Wiccan, it's got a very bad reputation and tends to draw in a good amount of attention from the younger side of the spectrum that don't know how to actually be a "Wiccan".  It gets old being someone who takes the practice seriously but still gets assumed to be some stupid youngster who thinks it's cool and has no idea what he's doing, though I guess that's what comes with it, you can't stop people from judging and stereotyping. 

I think the main reason that kids think they are Wiccan and call themselves one is because they are all "MAGIC LOL hocuspocus;" and think it's about casting spells and making potions all day which is the farthest thing from the truth.

Go Up