April 23, 2024, 04:50:44 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Apple TV; anyone have one of these?

Started by reeper, July 07, 2009, 11:54:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

Quote from: wziard on July 10, 2009, 11:01:31 PM
when I have a house/independent living establishment I will definitely get one and use it to stream torrented blu-ray rips to an HD TV, and also as a web server

that would be awesome actually
It does sound awesome.

I just kind of want that but I don't care of the quality. 1080i is the highest quality it streams though. I hate that you have to use iTunes and have to use some horrible ass format that is a little hassle to convert it.

Daddy

Quote from: Hïro on July 10, 2009, 11:45:23 PM
because you jump at every chance to defend Apple, no matter what the product is?
uh no.

QuoteAnd tell me, what exactly is wrong with the Zune, it doesn't have an Apple on the back?
may i bring up silliness such as the leap year rollover?

QuoteIt's actually a great device, but you wouldn't think to give it a second glance because it's not "cool" or whatever.
Sam and Skylark also have them, why aren't you giving them shit about it?
because the hardware sucks.

QuoteExactly, there are plenty of other options, and the Apple TV doesn't seem like the best one, especially for its cost.
I mentioned the 360 merely as an example, and it would be a good choice if one were to already own one.
It is a stupid idea, because a device such as an Apple TV doesn't seem to be worth $200.
you make no sense.

"It's a stupid idea" implies that the actual idea is stupid. You did not say "it's a stupid idea to buy the product when a 360 could do the same thing".  You said "It's a stupid idea"

QuoteWell James, although I'm sure having better GPS would be a nice thing for you and your nonexistent job, I still highly doubt it would be necessary. Not only that, but it seems like a mighty stupid financial move to spend all that money for a phone that is extremely similar to the one you already have.
once again dumbass. I was applying for a job where it was required to have GPS.
Get that through your dicksucking head.

QuoteAdditionally, I have made it clear that I do not go out of my way to bash Apple, I simply don't make decisions based on brand loyalty.
it appears that you do.

Quotestop getting so defensive, your fanboyism is showing.
stop being so retarded, your lack of iq is showing

superclucky

I want a zune :3

No, actually a 180 GB sandisk sansa with better audio would be the best thing ever  giggle;
kewns are smelly

Hiro

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on July 11, 2009, 07:17:46 AM
may i bring up silliness such as the leap year rollover?
that was pretty silly, but that was for one day, and you'd already had your opinion on the zune before that.

because the hardware sucks.
in what way? Zunes are actually known for being durable as shit, whilst iPods break quite frequently.

you make no sense.

"It's a stupid idea" implies that the actual idea is stupid. You did not say "it's a stupid idea to buy the product when a 360 could do the same thing".  You said "It's a stupid idea"
uh..... what?
you make no sense.

it appears that you do.
stop being so retarded, your lack of iq is showing
and what brand am I being loyal to exactly?
Also, way to be a total dick over me having an opinion. thumbup;

Daddy

Quote from: Hïro on July 12, 2009, 05:31:44 PM
that was pretty silly, but that was for one day and you'd already had your opinion on the zune before that.
they were broke for more than a day.
The overflow doesn't just automatically correct itself.
Quotein what way? Zunes are actually known for being durable as shit, whilst iPods break quite frequently.

yet there has not been any recorded case of every iPod of a specific line malfunctioning.

i'm pretty sure the only microsoft hardware known for its durability are keyboards.

Quoteuh..... what?
Are you fucking retarded?

You--Hiro--stated that the Apple TV--a device used to store and stream media over a network for playback on a television--is a stupid idea. You then suggested purchasing an XBox 360 for that same purpose.

You did not state that the cost was the reason.  You stated the product itself was stupid.

Now read your damn post again or go back to grade school to re-take reading comprehension since it's obviously failing you.

Quoteand what brand am I being loyal to exactly?
I was talking about going out of your way to bash apple.
Also, way to be a total dick over me having an opinion. thumbup;
Once again you fucking idiot. I'll put it in big letters to get it through your peabrain.
YOU SAID A SPECIFIC PRODUCT IDEA WAS STUPID THEN SUGGESTED ANOTHER PRODUCT FOR THE SAME GOAL.

YOU DID NOT STATE THAT BUYING THE PRODUCT DUE TO ITS PRICE IS STUPID.  YOU ATTACKED THE CONCEPT.

IF YOU REPLIED TO A THREAD ABOUT NESQUICK AND SAID THAT THE IDEA OF CHOCOLATE MILK IS RETARDED THEN SUGGESTED THAT THE PERSON BUY HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE MILK IT WOULD BE THE SAME THING.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH APPLE. IT HAS TO DO WITH YOU BEING AN IDIOT WHO SPECIFICALLY SAID AN IDEA IS STUPID THEN SUGGESTED ANOTHER PRODUCT FOR THE SAME IDEA.

DO YOU FUCKING GET IT YET

Daddy

It appears you are replying so I'll quote the post and bold it again.

Quote from: Hïro on July 08, 2009, 02:44:32 AM
They still make those? Seems like a really stupid idea, you can stream media off a 360 or something, there's many cheaper ways to do it.

That does not state that buying it is stupid. You said the idea itself is stupid.

durp how do i read

Hiro

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on July 12, 2009, 07:02:50 PM
they were broke for more than a day.
The overflow doesn't just automatically correct itself.
No, they were broken for only one day; the next day, the calendar reset itself, and all of the zunes started back up.

Are you fucking retarded?

You--Hiro--stated that the Apple TV--a device used to store and stream media over a network for playback on a television--is a stupid idea. You then suggested purchasing an XBox 360 for that same purpose.

You did not state that the cost was the reason.  You stated the product itself was stupid.

Now read your damn post again or go back to grade school to re-take reading comprehension since it's obviously failing you.
I never said that at all. I said:
Seems like a really stupid idea, you can stream media off a 360 or something, there's many cheaper ways to do it.
By that post, I was saying that buying an Apple TV would be a stupid idea, in my opinion.
I then gave the Xbox as an example of an alternative, seeing as it is possible he may already own one. If not:
Quotethere's many cheaper ways to do it.

I never stated the product was stupid at all.

I was talking about going out of your way to bash apple.
And where did I do that?

Once again you fucking idiot. I'll put it in big letters to get it through your peabrain.
[spoiler]YOU SAID A SPECIFIC PRODUCT IDEA WAS STUPID THEN SUGGESTED ANOTHER PRODUCT FOR THE SAME GOAL.

YOU DID NOT STATE THAT BUYING THE PRODUCT DUE TO ITS PRICE IS STUPID.  YOU ATTACKED THE CONCEPT.

IF YOU REPLIED TO A THREAD ABOUT NESQUICK AND SAID THAT THE IDEA OF CHOCOLATE MILK IS RETARDED THEN SUGGESTED THAT THE PERSON BUY HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE MILK IT WOULD BE THE SAME THING.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH APPLE. IT HAS TO DO WITH YOU BEING AN IDIOT WHO SPECIFICALLY SAID AN IDEA IS STUPID THEN SUGGESTED ANOTHER PRODUCT FOR THE SAME IDEA.

DO YOU FUCKING GET IT YET
[/spoiler]
You have no idea how hard I laughed powerofone;

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on July 12, 2009, 07:08:40 PM
It appears you are replying so I'll quote the post and bold it again.

That does not state that buying it is stupid. You said the idea itself is stupid.
Well James, on my cell phone, there is no "Enter" button, making it impossible for me to start a new line of text, and thus separating my thoughts. Here, if I had typed it one a computer, it would have said:
They still make those?
Seems like a really stupid idea, you can stream media off a 360 or something, there's many cheaper ways to do it.

Now don't argue with me about what I said or didn't say, they're my words.

Now shut the hell up. Is it really worth all of this trouble for something at completely retarded as this?

Daddy

You said it was a stupid idea.

Your post was
QuoteThey still make those? Seems like a really stupid idea, you can stream media off a 360 or something, there's many cheaper ways to do it.

If you wanted to attack the price then:
QuoteThey still make those? Buying one when you can stream media off a 360 or something, there's many cheaper ways to do it.

would suffice.

Don't blame me for your incompetency preventing you from forming a coherent argument.

You said the idea was stupid.  Now shut up since you're the one who claims to have meant something other than you actually posted.

Hiro

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on July 12, 2009, 07:27:49 PM
You said it was a stupid idea.

Your post was
If you wanted to attack the price then:would suffice.

Don't blame me for your incompetency preventing you from forming a coherent argument.

You said the idea was stupid.  Now shut up since you're the one who claims to have meant something other than you actually posted.
I never said the idea was stupid, that's your assumption. I said IT. "It" can mean anything, and I intended for it to mean the purchase of said device.

QuoteBuying one when you can stream media off a 360 or something, there's many cheaper ways to do it.

That's not a complete thought.  doodhuh;

Daddy

Quote from: Hïro on July 12, 2009, 07:30:39 PM
I never said the idea was stupid, that's your assumption. I said IT. "It" can mean anything, and I intended for it to mean the purchase of said device.
You said "it is a stupid idea"; directly after "They still make those".  In English, the term "it" in a sentence refers to the previous sentence.

QuoteThat's not a complete thought.  doodhuh;
yet it communicates what you claim to have meant

Hiro

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on July 12, 2009, 07:33:01 PM
You said "it is a stupid idea"; directly after "They still make those".  In English, the term "it" in a sentence refers to the previous sentence.
As I explained earlier sweetie-pie, I couldn't separate my thoughts with a new line of text because I was one my phone.

Anyways, we're not even arguing about anything, as I already clarified what I said. At this point, it's just you wanting to "win" or something.

<sarcasm>Oh okay James you caught me, I hate Apple and I was just trying to hide it this whole time</sarcasm>

Daddy

Quote from: Hïro on July 12, 2009, 07:36:40 PM
As I explained earlier sweetie-pie, I couldn't separate my thoughts with a new line of text because I was one my phone.
And thats your fault not mine.

Don't post from your phone if you're going to make incomprehensible posts and get uptight when people take your post for what it actually says.

Anyways, we're not even arguing about anything, as I already clarified what I said. At this point, it's just you wanting to "win" or something.
or just admit that you should read your own posts instead of denying they say something.

<sarcasm>Oh okay James you caught me, I hate Apple and I was just trying to hide it this whole time</sarcasm>
boyah doesn't use html

Hiro

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on July 12, 2009, 07:43:35 PM
And thats your fault not mine.

Don't post from your phone if you're going to make incomprehensible posts and get uptight when people take your post for what it actually says.
Yeah okay James it's my fault I have a shitty phone
I can't help it though, I love Boyah too much that I need to be on it whenever possible ;_;
Alright whatever, I really don't give a shit

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on July 12, 2009, 07:43:35 PM
or just admit that you should read your own posts instead of denying they say something.
I read the damn post, and seeing as I'm the one that said it and not you, I think I would know better what i meant by it.

Daddy

Quote from: Hïro on July 12, 2009, 07:49:04 PM
Yeah okay James it's my fault I have a shitty phone
I can't help it though, I love Boyah too much that I need to be on it whenever possible ;_;
Alright whatever, I really don't give a shit

It is your fault.

QuoteI read the damn post, and seeing as I'm the one that said it and not you, I think I would know better what i meant by it.
I hate niggers they suck and are black. this post isn't racist i wrote it so i can say it's not racist.

fldlelfmalwoflflwoflame   <- I know what I meant by it so any confusion is clearly your fault.

It doesn't matter what you meant by it. You said one thing, even if you meant another. You didn't bother correcting the post. You completely denied saying it.

Thyme

Go Up