April 23, 2024, 09:07:15 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Questions about Christianity

Started by PuuMastaFunk, June 15, 2009, 05:04:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Det in F♯ Major

lawl its okay guys, hopefully his wife will instill some sense into him. 
also yeah, you shouldn't have to touch your kids to be a good father. you have to make them think for themselves what is wrong and right, not use a system of trial and error where they do something and if its wrong they get spanked.
shit, im sure time-out is more effective than spanking.
watch supernanny, puu, and you will learn.  hocuspocus;
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Daddy

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on June 16, 2009, 07:39:05 PM
I have no idea where he gets these ideas.
satan.

i'm possessed

QuoteWell, that's not the intention. If they fear me (or, more like, they fear the paddle/belt/whatever...), I can't help that. I know that I'm being a good father by spanking them. Mom never held back on me, and I turned out quite decent.
Didn't you want to kill yourself?

and yes I did and I also was spanked.  akudood;

Or are you going to ignore the studies I linked to involving the psychological damage that spanking does? Bonus: the third link is run by a religious group.
Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on June 16, 2009, 07:42:57 PM
I'm not going to hit them; I'm going to spank them. There's a huge difference.

I won't even touch them if I'm angry.
You won't be angry that they disobeyed you? Why would you spank them then?

Hiro

Okay, this thread needs to be locked. Any argument over religion cannot be called "intelligent"

Zach

Quote from: Hïro on June 16, 2009, 07:58:07 PM
Okay, this thread needs to be locked. Any argument over religion cannot be called "intelligent"

I agree.

We aren't going to change anyone's mind about anything.

Zach

Quote from: Trav on June 16, 2009, 07:43:46 PM
You know what that'll teach them? They'll think that violence is ok to use on other kids because you do it to them

akudood;

rdl

If puu has a heart he'll stop after the first child like my dad did.

and shut up you dumbasses why are your trying to impede comedy?

Daddy

Quote from: Hïro on June 16, 2009, 07:58:07 PM

a: what evidence do you have that god created everything
c: the bible
a: what evidence do you have that the bible is true:
c: god wrote it
a: what evidence do you have that god exists
c: the bible
...repeat ad nauseam...

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  There is no evidence ever supplied when I ask for it, yet they seem to fault me for not accepting recursion akudood;
I'm not going 'lol prove it' though they should probably try that too, but evidence would help and i've been presented with none other than a few fallacies which aren't evidence.

Of course a debate is going to not be "intelligent" when one party has no evidence, cited statistics, or otherwise valid "ammo" for a debate other than citing itself.

rdl

hey jmv the quran talks about science and plate tectonics and why salt water doesnt mix with fresh water and stuff

that kind of rules out the whole "if this is true then this is true because the first thing was true because it is proved by the second thing" because i have science on my side baddood;

so basically what im saying is i have ammo so put your gun down

Daddy

Quote from: RDX on June 16, 2009, 09:55:10 PM
hey jmv the quran talks about science and plate tectonics and why salt water doesnt mix with fresh water and stuff

that kind of rules out the whole "if this is true then this is true because the first thing was true because it is proved by the second thing" because i have science on my side baddood;

so basically what im saying is i have ammo so put your gun down
uh the plat tectonics thing is an interpretation of the meaning and uh i can't find anything explaining why in the qur'an just that he states:

He has set free the two seas meeting together.  There is a barrier between them.  They do not transgress.  (Quran, 55:19-20)

He is the one who has set free the two kinds of water, one sweet and palatable, and the other salty and bitter.  And He has made between them a barrier and a forbidding partition. (Quran, 25:53)

how does knowing about estuaries prove allah's word akudood;

OH SHIT HE'S ARMED DO NOT PUT DOWN THE GUN

rdl

alright jmv i'll give you this one since you got me there and i dont feel like thinking

superclucky

June 17, 2009, 03:35:49 AM #70 Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:27:24 AM by Crazy Fucking Raccoon
Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on June 16, 2009, 07:42:57 PM

I won't even touch them if I'm angry.

Towards the kid there isn't.
kewns are smelly

Bolivian Army

Quote from: Stupid Fucking Slut on June 17, 2009, 03:35:49 AM

Towards the kid there isn't.

just speaking from personal experience i can tell you that there's a difference between corrective spanking and angry hitting  baddood;

although i can't say i'm a fan of either

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Crazy Fucking Raccoon on June 16, 2009, 07:52:33 PM
Didn't you want to kill yourself?

Yeah, but that wasn't from the spankings. That was from my dad's death. Completely different.

Daddy

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on June 17, 2009, 07:06:20 AM
Yeah, but that wasn't from the spankings. That was from my dad's death. Completely different.
You don't think psychological damage played a role in wanting to kill yourself over a death?

YPrrrr

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on June 16, 2009, 08:25:06 AM

Well, that would be Catholicism. You have to pay your way there. (Not exactly the most attractive, is it?) As far as I know, all of the Protestant branches pretty much the same.
Pay? Doing good deeds is paying? If that's what you mean, then yes, it's by far the most attractive. The idea that faith alone should save you is ridiculous.

Go Up