March 28, 2024, 11:48:31 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Song Bird - No more shitty iTunes

Started by reeper, June 11, 2009, 10:17:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

i know songbird was never very good i've always said it sucked.

i had tried it many times since the beta in 2006 and every time I got awful performance, excessive crashes, etc.  It sucked every time I gave it a chance over the years.

also

Quote from: y-i on June 11, 2009, 11:03:12 PM
Yeah.... I've been using this for many months now...
But seriously, I really like it. It has a few problems with album art and whatnot, but a good app overall. thumbup;
lul

but what features are you looking in a music player that foobar doesn't offer?  i wasn't trying to be a dick about it and was trying to point you somehwere you maybe haven't looked.

strongbad

foobar is kind of jenky overall
like i can see why people dislike it
but if you are really on top of your library organization and optimization of foobar you can make it a really good player

strongbad

also i've found that i actually really like google music

tmobile lets me stream it without using my data which is sweet
and i can upload my entire library to it
they do a good job with instant mixes and the interface (besides the listen now section which sucks) is easy to use

Daddy

Until you hit the 20k limit fucking lol

I just use Subsonic (or Musiccabinet or MadSonic) .   Currently using MadSonic

just stream to my phone using dSub or stream through the browser if i'm not home and i'm good

silvertone

Hiro

yes because my opinions on software have stayed the same in the past 5 years
at the time it was okay, never had it crash on me or anything, i probably said that when it was new to me and seemed like it had potential

Quote from: Khadafi on November 10, 2014, 08:06:54 AM
i wasn't trying to be a dick about it and was trying to point you somehwere you maybe haven't looked.
i don't even know what you mean by this comment

and i wouldn't say there's a specific "feature" but you basically have to decide between having it look nice or work nicely
i like the ui logic of zune, and the closest i've come to having that is the facets extension on foobar, but that uses the default ui that looks like crap
trust me jmv I used foobar exclusively for like 2 or 3 years and tried quite a few different things for it. been using musicbee for the past year and a half now and it's just okay as well but spotify has made me lazy

Quote from: udderfailure on November 10, 2014, 10:28:47 AM
also i've found that i actually really like google music

tmobile lets me stream it without using my data which is sweet
and i can upload my entire library to it
they do a good job with instant mixes and the interface (besides the listen now section which sucks) is easy to use
does it actually not count with tmobile now? i knew they were adding it but I thought it was still being counted currently. soon i plan on wiping my play music library and re-uploading everything since it was really disorganized when i started using it. the android app is great though, and i like that it integrates my local files seamlessly with it.

Quote from: Khadafi on November 10, 2014, 02:06:55 PM
Until you hit the 20k limit fucking lol

I just use Subsonic (or Musiccabinet or MadSonic) .   Currently using MadSonic

just stream to my phone using dSub or stream through the browser if i'm not home and i'm good

I used Subsonic in like 2011 or something and at the time it was alright but the android app got very outdated and i think i had some other problem with it that i can't recall

silvertone

Daddy

pay 2 bucks for dsub and you got a good android app.

use jamstash in your browser

strongbad

idk if it does for every t mobile plan but it definitely does for mine

Hiro

Quote from: udderfailure on November 16, 2014, 11:27:57 AM
idk if it does for every t mobile plan but it definitely does for mine
well i mean the music thing applies, i just didn't think play music was on their approved list yet

squirrelfriend

Did this program contain malware? I didn't understand the purpose of this program as it didn't contain any unique UI.

don't let's

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on November 12, 2014, 08:53:25 PM
been using musicbee for the past year and a half now and it's just okay as well but spotify has made me lazy
I just recently started using musicbee

strongbad

what is musicbee is it good

i was enjoying google music but they've had some UI changes that suck and it also doesn't sync with last.fm that well so i'm open to changes. i like the fact that my music on it feels like "my music" since i have to upload it myself but i also dont like how i dont have access to my music w/o wifi and it burns my data (unless i go back to my baller US plan with t mobile that gave me free goog music usage)

thinkin' about looking for the best ubuntu program i can find

silvertone

i used music bee for a bit, but i didnt like the UI and switched back to wmp.

i wish i could get the pre-genius Itunes because that was the perfect music player back when i had a mac. now it's all garbagio

C.Mongler

Go Up