March 28, 2024, 01:19:06 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Song Bird - No more shitty iTunes

Started by reeper, June 11, 2009, 10:17:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on October 04, 2014, 01:59:05 PM
it's already been more than a year since songbird died tho
yeah, i just saw a "guest" viewing it lol

Daddy

reeper

Hiro

there aren't really any good music players anymore

Daddy

Hiro

as far as windows apps there's nothing i'm a big fan of these days. zune was good but has been abandoned, itunes is horrid, foobar is alright but doesn't work the way i want it to, same with musicbee, clementine is meh, mediamonkey is fugly, same with winamp. I usually just use Spotify because it's easy and I'm lazy, but it sucks with local files so I'll whip out MusicBee for that

reeper

Quote from: y-i on October 11, 2014, 12:04:52 PM
as far as windows apps there's nothing i'm a big fan of these days. zune was good but has been abandoned, itunes is horrid, foobar is alright but doesn't work the way i want it to, same with musicbee, clementine is meh, mediamonkey is fugly, same with winamp. I usually just use Spotify because it's easy and I'm lazy, but it sucks with local files so I'll whip out MusicBee for that
this is how i feel.

strongbad

foobar is great
if it doesnt work well enough then you need to customize it more you lazy bum

Hiro

October 16, 2014, 11:46:22 PM #23 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:47:16 PM by y-i
i've tried a bunch of different skins and extensions and stuff to change the ui, and they only ever look good or work okay, not both. even still the columns facets ui is the closest extension i've found to how i want it to work, but even then i still don't like the queuing system, and with columns facets ui you basically can't skin it

Hiro

WELL I DECIDED TO GIVE FOOBAR ANOTHER FUCKING TRY AND I FUCKING HATE COMPUTERS AND FOOBAR IS A GIANT PIECE OF SHIT

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

ive tried to find good foobar skins but every one of them is from 2009 and are not supported anymore.

foobar plays all the file types tho (or u can make it play all the file types) and it looks better than vlc player

Hiro

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on October 22, 2014, 01:02:23 AM
ive tried to find good foobar skins but every one of them is from 2009 and are not supported anymore.

foobar plays all the file types tho (or u can make it play all the file types) and it looks better than vlc player
yes i'll agree with most of that but you can also skin vlc and it actually functions properly with the skins

Daddy

what exactly does foobar not do that somehow songbird or zuneshit did for you?

strongbad

i actually liked the zune software a lot but it didnt work with last.fm or have a lot of the file management stuff that foobar has that i like a lot

Hiro

Quote from: udderfailure on November 09, 2014, 06:30:28 PM
i actually liked the zune software a lot but it didnt work with last.fm or have a lot of the file management stuff that foobar has that i like a lot
yeah pretty much

also jmv songbird was never very good

Go Up