April 24, 2024, 01:51:54 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Song Bird - No more shitty iTunes

Started by reeper, June 11, 2009, 10:17:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

June 11, 2009, 10:17:16 PM Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:20:38 PM by reefer
Holy shit it's beautiful. Remember when I posted about it two years ago? Shit it now is awesome. A cleaner default theme too. It scrolls unlike iTunes for some reason for me.

http://getsongbird.com/

Still lets you upload songs to your iPod or Zune.

Hiro

Yeah.... I've been using this for many months now...
But seriously, I really like it. It has a few problems with album art and whatnot, but a good app overall. thumbup;

reeper

June 11, 2009, 11:15:10 PM #2 Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:19:20 PM by reefer
Quote from: Hïro on June 11, 2009, 11:03:12 PM
Yeah.... I've been using this for many months now...
But seriously, I really like it. It has a few problems with album art and whatnot, but a good app overall. thumbup;
Problems with album art? I'm so glad there is an automatic find album art tool. Jesus yes.

The biggest cons I've found is no CD rip or burn on default and my time for like 5% of my songs is disappeared though if I play the song it will sometimes work, and there is no smart shuffle (Plays all the songs in my library on shuffle but the ones with more play count get played more.)

Jesus I can't wait til they let you put videos on here, once they do I'll pretty much have my own personal TV station.

Daphnia

It looks like iTunes, but ugly.

What's wrong with iTunes?

guff

Quote from: reefer on June 11, 2009, 11:15:10 PM
Problems with album art? I'm so glad there is an automatic find album art tool. Jesus yes.

The biggest cons I've found is no CD rip or burn on default and my time for like 5% of my songs is disappeared though if I play the song it will sometimes work, and there is no smart shuffle (Plays all the songs in my library on shuffle but the ones with more play count get played more.)

Jesus I can't wait til they let you put videos on here, once they do I'll pretty much have my own personal TV station.
you realize itunes has all that right

Feynman

this man obviously has an irrational fear of itunes

Daddy

I've never had any problem with iTunes.

Samus Aran

Why are you using an uglier mock-up of iTunes? It's basically the same program except less shiny.

Hiro

Quote from: Kaz on June 13, 2009, 12:56:25 PM
Why are you using an uglier mock-up of iTunes? It's basically the same program except less shiny.
It also has a built-in web browser and add-ons.
It's like a combo of iTunes and Firefox.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on June 13, 2009, 11:59:54 PM
It also has a built-in web browser and add-ons.
It's like a combo of iTunes and Firefox.

pardon my logic but um why would you want to browse the internet from that anyway when you have your main firefox browser

Wrench

or you just buy a Sony Walkman mp3 player and not have to install a program. All you do is literally drag and drop onto "Content Transfer"

Feynman

Quote from: Ken on June 14, 2009, 01:51:53 AM
pardon my logic but um why would you want to browse the internet from that anyway when you have your main firefox browser

because you CAN

guff

Quote from: Wrench on June 14, 2009, 06:21:06 AM
or you just buy a Sony Walkman mp3 player and not have to install a program. All you do is literally drag and drop onto "Content Transfer"
i don't think you understand what we're talking about here  doodhuh;

ME##

Samus Aran

it's already been more than a year since songbird died tho

Go Up