Question for those that believe in evolution.

Started by V, May 30, 2007, 05:12:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

V

If you believe we may have evolved from monkies, why haven't the monkies that reside in zoos evolve into humans?

SBKT

Quote from: V on May 30, 2007, 05:12:09 PM
If you believe we may have evolved from monkies, why haven't the monkies that reside in zoos evolve into humans?

some monkeys just didn't inbreed, so they couldn't fuck up their genes enough to be called evolution?

ncba93ivyase

Only select groups evolved. As a species spreads out to other areas, they adapt. Obviously, some monkeys had no reason to evolve any further because they're already perfectly adapted.

Unless a population is entirely wiped out for some reason, or a certain group that is adapting breeds only within that group, the previous organism should still exist. Otherwise, we'd be populated solely by humans and dolphins.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

V

Quote from: Lawlz on May 30, 2007, 05:17:30 PM
Only select groups evolved. As a species spreads out to other areas, they adapt. Obviously, some monkeys had no reason to evolve any further because they're already perfectly adapted.

Unless a population is entirely wiped out for some reason, or a certain group that is adapting breeds only within that group, the previous organism should still exist. Otherwise, we'd be populated solely by humans and dolphins.

Great explanation. I was just thinking about this at work today while conversating with my manager.

Houdini

Quote from: Lawlz on May 30, 2007, 05:17:30 PM

That's pretty much what I think.

iWolf

Because it probably takes millions of years to evolve.

V

Quote from: steal on May 30, 2007, 07:58:49 PM
That's simple. Evolution is a process that takes millions of years, and we've only been putting monkeys in zoos for around a century, if even that.

What about those that live in the wild?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: V on May 30, 2007, 07:59:30 PM
That's simple. Evolution is a process that takes millions of years, and we've only been putting monkeys in zoos for around a century, if even that.

What about them?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

V

Quote from: Lawlz on May 30, 2007, 08:00:02 PM

What about them?

Do you think it is possible they will eventually start evolving sometime in the future?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: V on May 30, 2007, 08:01:19 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on May 30, 2007, 08:00:02 PM

What about them?

Do you think it is possible they will eventually start evolving sometime in the future?
Everything evolves until it's perfectly adapted. Since nothing is perfect, evolution will never stop. Creatures that are more adapted to the environment have less trouble surviving, so our changes will be much smaller. Some small adaptations could be genetic immunities to diseases and all that.

Go Up