April 23, 2024, 11:48:21 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

l a c e y

I'm supposed to go to a big one tomorrow. It's all Canadian bands playing, most of my favorite bands.. Marianas Trench, Stereos etc.. BUT I cannot go :( because I am going to a party tonight and tomorrow I'll be way too tired and I don't wanna drive there and back.

the shortest route to the sea

I don't even want to TALK about the fact that I missed Future of the Left playing in Boston.

But Black Moth Super Rainbow and Flaming Lips at the end of august yeaaahhhh

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Samus Aran

Okay, clearly I need to learn to drive to and in Minneapolis, because just looking at schedules for venues there, there are a lot of bands coming soon that I would enjoy seeing.

Collective Soul, Fleet Foxes, Pinback, Manic Street Preachers, The Cult, Alice in Chains, Built to Spill, Arctic Monkeys, Mono, Pinback, The Mountain Goats...all of these within the start of November.

Seeing Mono would be especially amazing, because it'll be stuff from their latest amazing album and they're likely to never play here again because they've said they hate playing in the US because people are stupid and loud when they should just be listening, because their music is so not the type where you yell and shit.

This is what I get for living a sheltered life in northern Minnesota.

spaceman

Went to the Pitchfork Music Festival on July 19th.

Saw The Flaming Lips, M83, and Grizzly Bear.

You all must see the Flaming Lips in concert. Probably the best live act you can ever experience.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

So far concerts that are lined up.

They Might Be Giants - Raleigh (9-19)
Allman Brothers and Widespread Panic - Walnut Creek (10-11)
The Pixies - Washington D.C. (11-30)

WOOOOOOO

Quote from: sean09 on August 01, 2009, 12:33:37 PM

You all must see the Flaming Lips in concert. Probably the best live act you can ever experience.

What albums did the Lips draw from? I need to prepare for their show in late august.

Also the clerk at the book counter notcied my Black Moth Super Rainbow tshirt and he was like "They're playing at the ICA right?" and I'm like "Yeah they are!" and he's like "Awesome, I might go!" and I'm like  "You and everyone I fucking meet!"

Houdini

Quote from: sean09 on August 01, 2009, 12:33:37 PM

I've seen the Flaming Lips. I thought the visuals were great. They really know how to put on a good show, take command of the crowd, and make everyone have a good time. With that said, I think musically they were kind of weak. I haven't listened to their music much though, so I'll probably eat my words later.

Cookie

I'm going to a Mount Eerie Concert in Philly in two weeks or something.

sans culottes

fuckin' DYLAN in town on friday

i gotta go get my tix
I support BUSH

Hiro

Quote from: coz on August 02, 2009, 09:28:45 PM

i gotta go get my tix
happydood;
I bet that would be really fun.

Samus Aran

Quote from: coz on August 02, 2009, 09:28:45 PM

i gotta go get my tix

he better not be dead by the time i can actually see him

Nate

I saw Coldplay in June,, it was awesome. They sounded great.

Quote from: Houdini on August 02, 2009, 02:07:05 AM
I've seen the Flaming Lips. I thought the visuals were great. They really know how to put on a good show, take command of the crowd, and make everyone have a good time. With that said, I think musically they were kind of weak. I haven't listened to their music much though, so I'll probably eat my words later.

Well, I was listening to Yoshimi to get ready for the August concert...and, I gotta say it's not a really interesting album. They make a good groove and put a sexy drum beat under it and just leave it there, not letting it grow or mature. I wasn't impressed, although it is a pretty good album and I was expecting rainbows of joy into my headphones.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on August 03, 2009, 01:33:28 PM
Well, I was listening to Yoshimi to get ready for the August concert...and, I gotta say it's not a really interesting album. They make a good groove and put a sexy drum beat under it and just leave it there, not letting it grow or mature. I wasn't impressed, although it is a pretty good album and I was expecting rainbows of joy into my headphones.

Do You Realize?? IS rainbows of joy into one's headphones

god i love that song so much ;-;

Quote from: Kaz on August 03, 2009, 03:03:43 PM
Do You Realize?? IS rainbows of joy into one's headphones

god i love that song so much ;-;

Gah...yes, yes it is kaz. Yes it is.

That one song.

I can see you and I having a wonderful relationship.

Go Up