May 02, 2024, 03:13:00 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

AAAAAAAA

diarrhea planet's good too

Samus Aran

Quote from: Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...! on April 22, 2017, 08:26:04 PM
i've never listened to beach slang until i read your posts right now and tbh listening to them just makes me wish i was listening to diarrhea planet

i don't really see the connection, tbh beach slang is more like a 90s alternative band with an emo/pop-punk influence

but diarrhea planet, idk, have you heard the stuff they've made since they got bigger? i really don't think it's that good. they were better when they were just making goofy punk EPs.

Mando Pandango

i have, and i'm still into it

i'm not saying they're the same i'm just saying that's how i felt maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

AAAAAAAA

Yeah I agree with Shinobu's assessment. Beach Slang is more indebted to The Replacements and Jawbreaker, while Diarrhea Planet just seems more straightforward. I've only listened to Turn to Gold though.

AAAAAAAA

Anyway I recommend listening to Beach Slang chronologically. They don't really evolve much, but those first two EPs are unfuckwithable.

Samus Aran

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on April 22, 2017, 08:58:17 PM
Yeah I agree with Shinobu's assessment. Beach Slang is more indebted to The Replacements and Jawbreaker, while Diarrhea Planet just seems more straightforward. I've only listened to Turn to Gold though.

no coincidence that James loves both The Replacements and Jawbreaker lol. and The Pixies. he loves to cover songs by all of them at shows. at the Quiet Slang show i saw, he did Where Is My Mind?, Alex Chilton, and Chesterfield King. this last time i saw them as a band, Where is My Mind? was once again covered, and James played a tiny snippet of Alex Chilton again

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

I saw American Football tonight. Great show. Honestly the new record isn't that great, but thankfully they didn't just play that. They played nearly all of both of their albums actually. I may have cried a little bit when they finished the show with "Never Meant." They were baby's first emo band for me, way back in the day. Steal introduced me to them, actually.

TooB

Sounds like me and kaz are planning to see Mew in August.

I'm excited

Samus Aran

Quote from: steal on April 30, 2017, 10:39:02 AM
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on April 30, 2017, 02:05:04 AM
I saw American Football tonight. Great show. Honestly the new record isn't that great, but thankfully they didn't just play that. They played nearly all of both of their albums actually. I may have cried a little bit when they finished the show with "Never Meant." They were baby's first emo band for me, way back in the day. Steal introduced me to them, actually.
nice

i wasn't as much a fan of the new record either, but i only gave it one spin

it did grow on me a little bit on my second listen forward, but it's still only decent overall. pretty disappointing really, compared to their 1999 fucking masterpiece

also i'm now officially going to riot fest this september

Samus Aran

UUUUGH FLAMING LIPS SHOW THIS SEPTEMBER CONFLICTS WITH RIOT FEST

Samus Aran

just got back from this and it was fantastic

AAAAAAAA

did japanese breakfast open?

Samus Aran

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on May 02, 2017, 11:51:15 PM
did japanese breakfast open?

yes! they were pretty great actually

AAAAAAAA

Sweet. I'm seeing them in June and I'm very excited.

I saw Okilly Dokilly and Beatallica last night. That was a thing.

Go Up