April 24, 2024, 09:02:39 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

Lozal

Quote from: Thyme on August 13, 2009, 08:13:52 PM
Hmm. Maybe I should have gone to Progressive Nation 2009. O_0 :(
Gah, it was absolutely orgasmic. :x

Pics with Scale The Summit:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Pics with Bigelf:
[spoiler]

The following is my mom with them (YES!):
[/spoiler]

The guy was so badass, when my mom asked for a pic the guy said "now it'll prolly end up all over the fucking internet, lol" and my mom was like "lol"

Miscellaneous pictures:
[spoiler]

Program ^^

Bigelf's autographs ^^

Scale The Summit's autographs ^^
[/spoiler]

http://www.youtube.com/v/uYlwPhpULiA&hl=en&fs=1&

Bigelf's performance of "Hydra"

http://www.youtube.com/v/wH8HYEcw7dA&hl=en&fs=1&

Dream Theater's performance of "The Count Of Tuscany"

I have a vid of Zappa (but it's 20 minutes long) and a vid of Scale The Summit (but haven't uploaded it), too.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Thyme

...I should have gone. :'(

Lozal

Quote from: Thyme on August 20, 2009, 09:11:23 PM
...I should have gone. :'(
Yeah, you should have.

Bigelf and Scale The Summit did Meet and Greets and it was fun.

:3

I wish I could attend another Prog Nation concert ;_;
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Daddy

Skylark

Quote from: Oh mon Dieu on August 20, 2009, 09:27:00 PM
7 more days. giggle;

what are you going to in 7 days?
just about four weeks until cocorosie
the book of right on

Daddy

Quote from: Skylark on August 21, 2009, 06:38:14 AM
what are you going to in 7 days?
just about four weeks until cocorosie
Black Moth Super Rainbow avec Pew Pew Queue.  hocuspocus;

Skylark

Quote from: Oh mon Dieu on August 21, 2009, 06:59:50 AM
Black Moth Super Rainbow avec Pew Pew Queue.  hocuspocus;

ahhh that's going to be so much fun
the book of right on

the shortest route to the sea

5 days, 3 hours and 4 minutes until BMSR!

6 days, 18 hours, and 4 minutes until Flaming Lips opened by Explosions in the Sky opened by Stardeath and the White Dwarves!

And I just got one GA ticket for:

98 days, 4 hours, and 34 minutes until The Mountain Goats opened by Final Fantasy!

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on August 23, 2009, 12:55:32 PM
6 days, 18 hours, and 4 minutes until Flaming Lips opened by Explosions in the Sky opened by Stardeath and the White Dwarves!
I hate you so much. ;_;

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on August 23, 2009, 09:47:02 PM
I hate you so much. ;_;

That makes two of us!!!

...but at least I get to hear Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt.1 live.

Commander Fuckass

INCUBUS IN OCTOBER FUCK YEEEEEEEAH
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Daddy

PQQU. giggle;

I changed my vote

August 29, 2009, 10:40:25 AM #132 Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 10:47:48 AM by Alyssa the Glowing Sole
Quote from: JMV on August 28, 2009, 08:46:58 PM
PQQU. giggle;

I changed my vote

SHIT WAS SO CASH OH MY GAWWDDDDDDD  giggle; giggle;

And speaking of OH MY GAWD, like 30 hours until flips! Totally arriving at 5:15 for a 6:00 door to hear embryonic.  giggle; giggle; giggle; giggle;

spaceman

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on August 01, 2009, 02:34:41 PM
What albums did the Lips draw from? I need to prepare for their show in late august.

Also the clerk at the book counter notcied my Black Moth Super Rainbow tshirt and he was like "They're playing at the ICA right?" and I'm like "Yeah they are!" and he's like "Awesome, I might go!" and I'm like  "You and everyone I fucking meet!"

How convenient, I see this post right before you go.

Anyways, they mostly do stuff from Soft Bulletin and beyond, but at Pitchfork they played a few pre-Soft Bulletin songs. Not many, but the fact they played Bad Days was amazing. Though they said they'd never play it live ever again.  saddood;

They open with Race for the Prize, like always. Play stuff like the yeah yeah yeah song, fight test, etc. Play a couple of songs from embryonic, Silver Trembling Hands and Convinced of the Hex. Acoustic sing a long versions of Yoshimi favorites. End with Do You Realize, as always. I can't remember their exact song list, and it was probably different from the normal since Pitchfork was so massive and it was "Right the Night". They also played Mountainside and Enthusiasm for Life Defeats Internal Existential Fear, which were both bloody brilliant.

It's all a mix of what new fans who would've only heard stuff post Soft Bulletin, and more hard core fans who've listened to their earlier stuff can all enjoy.

Again, might be different where you see it, the EP for Embryonic had not been released at the time, and they took fan requests. Either way, you'll no doubt have an amazing experience. Have fun.  happydood;

By the way, sorry for the EXTREMELY late response. I don't stop by here often.

Quote from: fluxus on August 29, 2009, 06:31:24 PM
How convenient, I see this post right before you go.

Anyways, they mostly do stuff from Soft Bulletin and beyond, but at Pitchfork they played a few pre-Soft Bulletin songs. Not many, but the fact they played Bad Days was amazing. Though they said they'd never play it live ever again.  saddood;

They open with Race for the Prize, like always. Play stuff like the yeah yeah yeah song, fight test, etc. Play a couple of songs from embryonic, Silver Trembling Hands and Convinced of the Hex. Acoustic sing a long versions of Yoshimi favorites. End with Do You Realize, as always. I can't remember their exact song list, and it was probably different from the normal since Pitchfork was so massive and it was "Right the Night". They also played Mountainside and Enthusiasm for Life Defeats Internal Existential Fear, which were both bloody brilliant.

It's all a mix of what new fans who would've only heard stuff post Soft Bulletin, and more hard core fans who've listened to their earlier stuff can all enjoy.

I fit firmly in that category, and so I guess I'll get some good context. If there are things I don't know, all the better. It's like the opposite of what I did with Radiohead; I knew all their stuff except for In Rainbows when I saw them. Now I'm going to know everything after Soft Bulletin.

QuoteAgain, might be different where you see it, the EP for Embryonic had not been released at the time, and they took fan requests. Either way, you'll no doubt have an amazing experience. Have fun.  happydood;

By the way, sorry for the EXTREMELY late response. I don't stop by here often.

The Embryonic EP is here, plus they have listening stations for the entire Embryonic album (hence why I'm getting to the door at 5:00 when the door opens at 6, Stardeath plays at 7, Explosions play at 8, and F'lips play at 9  giggle; ). I doubt they'll take fan requests, since the Pavilion management are pretty uptight (State Radio went over their allotted time and people threw shitfits  saddood; ) T'will be a sick show all the same. Thanks for the tip.

Go Up