Without God where would we get our morals?!?!?!?!

Started by Daddy, May 25, 2009, 06:47:20 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Slim

Quote from: j o e i n c on May 26, 2009, 04:21:16 PM
if anything, it shows slim is a fagot

you need god to have morals. lets see:

hitler was an atheist
stalin was an atheist

hmmm. how many did they kill? they had no morals. because there's nothing to fear. you're just here for no reason and then poof you're gone, all your bad deeds unpunished? lol YEAH

Huh? Why am I mentioned in your post?

Hitler believed in some kind of God, by the way. He may not have been a Catholic, but I wouldn't call him an atheist by any stretch of the imagination.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

j o e i n c

Quote from: Slim on May 26, 2009, 04:54:42 PM
Huh? Why am I mentioned in your post?

Hitler believed in some kind of God, by the way. He may not have been a Catholic, but I wouldn't call him an atheist by any stretch of the imagination.
NO, your a liar. i looked it up, use google dumbass

he was an athiest because:

1. i found a website (look it up yourself )
2. you have to have no morals (IE: no religion) to kill all those people. he had no morals, he was an athiest

Lozal

Quote from: j o e i n c on May 26, 2009, 07:46:42 PM

2. you have to have no morals (IE: no religion) to kill all those people. he had no morals, he was an athiest
is it bad that i can't tell if this is sarcasm or not?
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

YPrrrr

Lex Luthor

Question: Without God where would we get our morals?!?!?!?!

Answer: boyah
Why am i still here?

YPrrrr

Quote from: JaleelWhite320 on May 26, 2009, 08:50:14 PM
Question: Without God where would we get our morals?!?!?!?!

Answer: boyah
thank god for god

Slim

Quote from: j o e i n c on May 26, 2009, 07:46:42 PM

have you ever posted in a thread before without ruining it? i'm honestly curious.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

ME##

Zach

I find people who don't believe in a God to potentially be far scarier than those that do, simply because atheists have no reason to follow any sort of moral code. If our existence is pointless and there's no punishment for your actions in life, then why have morals?

guff

Quote from: Zach on May 27, 2009, 11:47:48 PM
I find people who don't believe in a God to potentially be far scarier than those that do, simply because atheists have no reason to follow any sort of moral code.
self-preservation is a pretty good reason  akudood;
Quote from: Zach on May 27, 2009, 11:47:48 PM
If our existence is pointless and there's no punishment for your actions in life, then why have morals?
jail is punishment  akudood;

superclucky

kewns are smelly

PuuMastaFunk

Even though theists claim that we're only moral because of God, I believe it's total bullshit. I'm moral because I was raised to be moral. Coincidentally, I live in a Christian household, and I'm even a Christian. But I'm not good because God said I should be good. I'm moral because I'm supposed to be an example to people who aren't Christians, and because, if I wasn't moral, I couldn't show my face in public.

YPrrrr

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on May 28, 2009, 08:38:51 AM
Even though theists claim that we're only moral because of God, I believe it's total bullshit. I'm moral because I was raised to be moral. Coincidentally, I live in a Christian household, and I'm even a Christian. But I'm not good because God said I should be good. I'm moral because I'm supposed to be an example to people who aren't Christians, and because, if I wasn't moral, I couldn't show my face in public.
You just made points for both sides of the argument huhdoodame;

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: YPR on May 28, 2009, 08:40:57 AM
You just made points for both sides of the argument huhdoodame;

I went more on the "atheist" side of the argument. All I said was that I am an example, not because God told me to. I choose to be this way.

You have to realize that I'm not like the typical fundamentalist Christian. In fact, I bash them more than I do atheists.

Zach

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on May 28, 2009, 08:38:51 AM

wut

Go Up