And this is partially why I view religion as a bad thing

Started by Daddy, May 18, 2009, 01:55:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

http://richarddawkins.net/article,3846,n,n

The audio linked to in the article.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbrfz1DIq9Q[/youtube]

The Cardinal claims that atheists "are not fully human".

If someone feels like defending that statement or saying there is nothing really wrong with it, let me remind you what happened before when  group was labelled not fully human/subhuman.

yay.

Det in F♯ Major

Don't let a silly old Catholic ruin the other religions for you. n_______n
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Daddy

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on May 18, 2009, 02:42:26 PM
Don't let a silly old Catholic ruin the other religions for you. n_______n
Actually, the whole "I don't believe in God" is what "ruins the other religions" for me.

It's just stuff like this, which is just providing justification for someone who wants to harm atheists that incorporate into me thinking it's a bad thing.

The difference being: if, among the other reasons I find religion to be malicious towards humanity for, sentiment like this wasn't spread by religious leaders I wouldn't care if someone believed in what I find to be fairy tales.  However, when leaders of a religion make comments which set the foreground to violence against specific groupââ,¬â€œone that I'm a part ofââ,¬â€œ then I'm going to care and speak out against it.

superclucky

how is it "speaking against it" when you're complaining to a bunch of high schoolers
kewns are smelly

Daddy

Quote from: Stupid Fucking Slut on May 18, 2009, 04:31:36 PM
how is it "speaking against it" when you're complaining to a bunch of high schoolers
because boyah is the only place in the universe where i oppose religion.

Virgule punctuation mark

Dehumanization is only a coping method in which people shut down their remorse or sympathies for their actions without considering themselves antisocial. In the end it usually doesn't cause the action, it just becomes less taboo to commit said action for their own reasons.

Zach

I still don't say that religion is bad - religion mixed with mentally unstable people is. For example, someone who seriously adheres to the principles taught by Jesus isn't going to be killing people.

Daddy

Quote from: Zach on May 18, 2009, 07:55:23 PM
I still don't say that religion is bad - religion mixed with mentally unstable people is. For example, someone who seriously adheres to the principles taught by Jesus isn't going to be killing people.
One would argue that religious people themselves are mentally unstable.

Zach

Quote from: Crazy Fucking Raccoon on May 18, 2009, 08:09:31 PM
One would argue that religious people themselves are mentally unstable.

I knew where this was going when I typed that, but I find that to be utterly ridiculous. The majority of the world's population claims some kind of religion, but that does not make them insane. There are plenty of normal, rational people that also happen to be religious.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

It's how it's interpreted, obviously.

The Vatican gets slumped with plenty of unique, modern issues that weren't present years ago and try to impose their own views on how they should be handled under the guise of "the bible told me so".

So, I think it's the institution that gives Christians a bad flavor, not the religion itself.

Det in F♯ Major

BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Daddy

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on May 20, 2009, 12:15:06 PM
um wat
2000 years ago hearing God talk to you made you a prophet.
Now hearing God talk to you makes you a schizophrenic.

Claiming to have healing or prophetic powers thousands of years ago was somehow viewed as a good thing.
Do it now and you're crazy and/or a fraud.

Believing you are eating transmutated flesh and blood makes you a believer if done in a church.  Done elsewhere and you will get a nice prescription of Seroquel.
It's a mass delusion.

If you saw a guy claiming to have the ability to talk to God tomorrow would you believe him? What makes Jesus, Moses, Noah, etc any more credible?

rdl

what the hell is this history class? i thought having the holocaust thrown into your face is only supposed to happen during those shitty history class days.

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: RDX on May 20, 2009, 06:16:40 PM
what the hell is this history class? i thought having the holocaust thrown into your face is only supposed to happen during those shitty history class days.

this is boyah.

rdl

Go Up