June 06, 2024, 08:38:11 PM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

6M69I69B9

Quote from: DecembeR on June 12, 2007, 08:14:42 PM
Seriously. Think. Scientifically, GOD IS NOT REAL. BELIEVE IT.
Only scientifically.  educate;

Religiously, GOD IS REAL, BELIEVE IT.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

iamhollywood

That is an ignorant statement. You don't even know what you mean by "scientifically". Evolution can not be proven by science. So i guess EVOLUTION ISN'T REAL. BELIEVE IT. For something to be scientifically backed, you have to go through the scientific process. First off, YOU CAN NOT USE THE SCIENTIFIC PROCESS ON AN ENTITY.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Original_MIB on June 12, 2007, 08:18:46 PM

Religion only serves to raise people to have good morals.  Nothing wrong with that, but fables aren't real.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Iony

Not only do I not believe in god, but I think that the idea of a god is pretty funny. People need to learn to accept that we don't know everything and stop making things up just to satisfy their curiosity.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Lawlz on June 12, 2007, 08:37:36 PM

Religion only serves to raise people to have good morals.  Nothing wrong with that, but fables aren't real.
Unless you believe with other billions of people that have the same belief that there is a God.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Original_MIB on June 12, 2007, 09:05:12 PM

Unless you believe with other billions of people that have the same belief that there is a God.
There are billions of nonreligious people and non-theists. Where are they most concentrated? Asia. What area has the highest standards for education? East Asia.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

iamhollywood

Quote from: Lawlz on June 12, 2007, 09:16:10 PM
Quote from: Original_MIB on June 12, 2007, 09:05:12 PM

There are billions of nonreligious people and non-theists. Where are they most concentrated? Asia. What area has the highest standards for education? East Asia.

Which place has the highest concentration of Communism? Which place has the highest concentration of sweat shops? East Asia.

Quote from: Iony on June 12, 2007, 08:46:29 PM
Not only do I not believe in god, but I think that the idea of a god is pretty funny. People need to learn to accept that we don't know everything and stop making things up just to satisfy their curiosity.

Since Atheists totally do not try to satisfy their curisioty with theories like evolution and how the universe came to be.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: iamhollywood on June 13, 2007, 01:33:43 PM

Which place has the highest concentration of Communism? Which place has the highest concentration of sweat shops? East Asia.

You're saying that like it's a bad thing. santa;

Pancake Paraphernalia

That's just how much lying has been put in you. Is something scientific more likely to happen or something depending on luck, faith, beliefs and lies?
number stations

sebastian

Quote from: DecembeR on June 13, 2007, 08:43:06 PM

That's just how much lying has been put in you. Is something scientific more likely to happen or something depending on luck, faith, beliefs and lies?

Science is only today's religion. The only reason so many people do not believe God exists today is because it is not so widely-expressed as it was, say, in 20 A.D. I'm sure, had you lived in those days, you wouldn't have a doubt in your heart that God existed. People have just focused on science so much that it has become their god, in a sense.

And excuse my bluntness, but the more I here such biased replies trashing religion and promoting science, the less I want to believe it. You put so much faith in science, that even when someone tries to say something to you about God, all you can do is rebuke them for putting faith in what they believe in. And don't think that I'm saying science is all built on lies and beliefs, I'm just saying most replies I've seen so far have been so generalized and biased that you cannot even try to reply to them without doing the exact same thing. Give me some actual facts, not just the same "God doesn't exist" reply I've been reading so much.
QuoteDon't worry, if you've got nothing to hide, there'll never be a reason to hook electrodes to you genitals.

Daddy

Quote from: sebastian on June 13, 2007, 09:30:19 PM

Science is only today's religion. The only reason so many people do not believe God exists today is because it is not so widely-expressed as it was, say, in 20 A.D. I'm sure, had you lived in those days, you wouldn't have a doubt in your heart that God existed. People have just focused on science so much that it has become their god, in a sense.

In 20 A.D. you'd be crucified Jesus style if you said God didn't exist.  Of course you wouldn't have a doubt, you'd be murdered by the government if you did.

iamhollywood

June 13, 2007, 10:30:36 PM #221 Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 10:32:31 PM by iamhollywood
Quote from: JMV290 on June 13, 2007, 09:34:08 PM
Quote from: sebastian on June 13, 2007, 09:30:19 PM

In 20 A.D. you'd be crucified Jesus style if you said God didn't exist.  Of course you wouldn't have a doubt, you'd be murdered by the government if you did.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. You obviously have NEVER taken any kind of world history, young man. Shortly after Christ's crucifixion with the rise of Christianity, Nero became the ruler of Rome--which for those of you that don't know, that was THE WHOLE WORLD at that time--. So Nero was one of the most anti-christian people ever. He would have parties and light them with crucified Christians lit on fire (the Christian would be in the process of being crucified, and they would then proceed to light the crucifix on fire). That was one of the most dangerous time to be a Christian. All twelve (except John) Apostles where martyred because they followed Christ. Andrew (maybe it was peter) was crucified UPSIDE-DOWN, John the Baptist was beheaded and had his head served on a silver platter. Son, you were not crucified in 20 A.D. if you said God didn't exist. At that time, they wanted you to believe the emperor was god.

And for those of you that are going to try to debate what I just said. Don't make youself look stupid. I am not debating anything here. THIS IS HISTORY. THIS ISN'T JUST FROM THE BIBLE. THIS IS FROM HISTORY BOOKS, AND ALL SORTS OF TEXTS OF THAT TIME.

ncba93ivyase

June 13, 2007, 10:36:16 PM #222 Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 10:45:41 PM by Lawlz
Sup, Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Mercury...?
Quote from: iamhollywood on June 13, 2007, 10:30:36 PM

At that time, they wanted you to believe the emperor was god.
If the emperor was viewed as god, and people that didn't share that belief, then JMV said nothing wrong.

Daddy

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. You obviously have NEVER taken any kind of world history, young man. Shortly after Christ's crucifixion with the rise of Christianity, Nero became the ruler of Rome--which for those of you that don't know, that was THE WHOLE WORLD at that time--. So Nero was one of the most anti-christian people ever. He would have parties and light them with crucified Christians lit on fire (the Christian would be in the process of being crucified, and they would then proceed to light the crucifix on fire). That was one of the most dangerous time to be a Christian. All twelve (except John) Apostles where martyred because they followed Christ. Andrew (maybe it was peter) was crucified UPSIDE-DOWN, John the Baptist was beheaded and had his head served on a silver platter. Son, you were not crucified in 20 A.D. if you said God didn't exist. At that time, they wanted you to believe the emperor was god.

And for those of you that are going to try to debate what I just said. Don't make youself look stupid. I am not debating anything here. THIS IS HISTORY. THIS ISN'T JUST FROM THE BIBLE. THIS IS FROM HISTORY BOOKS, AND ALL SORTS OF TEXTS OF THAT TIME.
I obviously have.  Christ was still alive in 20 A.D.   He died when he was 33, he was born 4BC-4AD. 
Nero wasn't born until 37AD

iamhollywood

Quote from: JMV290 on June 13, 2007, 10:44:09 PM

I obviously have.  Christ was still alive in 20 A.D.   He died when he was 33, he was born 4BC-4AD. 
Nero wasn't born until 37AD

I didn't say immediately. But that does not void my point. The rulers before Nero were Christian persecutors as well. i.e. John the Baptist being beheaded.

post scriptum: Technically you wouldn't be crucified Jesus-style in 20 A.D. seeing as how Christ wouldn't be crucified for another nine to thirteen years later.

Go Up