June 06, 2024, 06:53:50 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

SBKT

Quote from: Houdini on May 23, 2007, 03:57:03 PM
I think organized religion is a load of bullshit, but I'm not going to stop you from believing in God.
Must you be so blunt?

Houdini

Quote from: SBKT on May 23, 2007, 04:16:07 PM
I think organized religion is a load of bullshit, but I'm not going to stop you from believing in God.
Must you be so blunt?
Yes.

Pancake Paraphernalia

Quote from: General Grievous on May 20, 2007, 08:01:02 PM
Quote from: DecembeR on May 20, 2007, 02:48:13 PM
Quote from: Necro on May 19, 2007, 10:25:07 AM
@ DecembeR: Yeah, I don't even think it's worth making a post like that anymore. So many things about that religion contradict with another thing from the religion, it's outrageous. Making a huge post about yet another thing is kind of pointless. Not saying you're in trouble, but just a heads up, you don't need to go into huge detail about it. y;

Still, I was bored, and I wanted to prove my point.  caterpie;
Your avi scares me.

Summary of my point:

God is NOT real and the devil does NOT have a tongue the size of earth.
number stations

The artist formally known

Quote from: Houdini on May 23, 2007, 04:25:09 PM
Must you be so blunt?
Yes.
I agree, also, welcome to the forums. All religion in my mind is a load of bull, if you believe in a God, you should need a religion to tell you that you believe in one.

Houdini

Quote from: Reaper on May 25, 2007, 12:08:35 AM
Quote from: Houdini on May 23, 2007, 04:25:09 PM
Must you be so blunt?
Yes.
I agree, also, welcome to the forums. All religion in my mind is a load of bull, if you believe in a God, you should need a religion to tell you that you believe in one.
Yeah, it's not really so much the God thing that bothers me as the organized religion aspect. Religious organization is what encourages people to be nutty, violent, and self-righteous. Also, I think Christianity is a really lame religion. If you have to believe in something that irrational, at least pick something cool like Greek or Norse mythology.

Pancake Paraphernalia

I think organized religion is a load of http://starcraft2.com/, but I'm not going to stop you from believing in God.

Agreed. God, to me, is FAKE.
number stations

sn3t

Quote from: Lawlz on May 22, 2007, 08:53:00 PM
Quote from: sn3t on May 22, 2007, 08:45:21 PM
Do you seriously believe that everything around you is your imagination?  Why don't you just imagine yourself anything you want, or did you just imagine yourself up a set of rules prohibiting you from imagining anything you want?  While you were at it you must of just imagined up the highly complicated world of science, which you can't even understand entirely yourself, but you had to of imagined it up in the first place.. kinda strange. 

You can't just of imagined up science, you would of had to imagine up the contents of science, down the the very last thing.  Every last thing in the world down to the last piece of dust in India you would of had to imagined up. Even this completely retarded theory has to answer the question where things came from. Where YOU came from to imagine up the world you are in.

Either you introduced us to the most ridiculous theory for the sake of argument or you are truly... well, stupid to say the least. No offense(Unless you truly believe this theory, then offense).
I merely state possiblities. Nothing is ever certain.

If the universe is controlled by one's subconscious, they they don't really "decide" everything that goes on, do they? It's influenced by the conscious mind's experiences, but not controlled by it.

Could you prove anything existed before your lifetime? Can you prove to anyone else you exist, or can anyone else prove to you they exist?  The only thing that can be proven is existence of the mental realm of oneself.

I wouldn't necessarily say I believe this theory, but I think about and develop it.

Show me your proof that our mental realm exists. 

Necro

Quote from: sn3t on May 28, 2007, 10:28:01 AM
Do you seriously believe that everything around you is your imagination?  Why don't you just imagine yourself anything you want, or did you just imagine yourself up a set of rules prohibiting you from imagining anything you want?  While you were at it you must of just imagined up the highly complicated world of science, which you can't even understand entirely yourself, but you had to of imagined it up in the first place.. kinda strange. 

You can't just of imagined up science, you would of had to imagine up the contents of science, down the the very last thing.  Every last thing in the world down to the last piece of dust in India you would of had to imagined up. Even this completely retarded theory has to answer the question where things came from. Where YOU came from to imagine up the world you are in.

Either you introduced us to the most ridiculous theory for the sake of argument or you are truly... well, stupid to say the least. No offense(Unless you truly believe this theory, then offense).

If the universe is controlled by one's subconscious, they they don't really "decide" everything that goes on, do they? It's influenced by the conscious mind's experiences, but not controlled by it.

Could you prove anything existed before your lifetime? Can you prove to anyone else you exist, or can anyone else prove to you they exist?  The only thing that can be proven is existence of the mental realm of oneself.

I wouldn't necessarily say I believe this theory, but I think about and develop it.

So you're saying nothing exists? YOU have proof that YOUR mental state exists.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

ncba93ivyase

I can't prove I'm thinking to anyone but myself. The only thing you can prove is your own thought.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

SBKT

Quote from: General Grievous on May 28, 2007, 10:32:34 AM

Well, it's only proof if you want to call it proof. Mental State might be an imagination of someone else, for all we know.

Pancake Paraphernalia

Quote from: SBKT on May 28, 2007, 03:35:22 PM

Well, it's only proof if you want to call it proof. Mental State might be an imagination of someone else, for all we know.

You can't really prove what you are thinking.It could be the most honest person in the world telling you he's thinking of a bunny, but who knows what he's thinking? There isn't proof of what somebody thought.
number stations

Necro

Quote from: SBKT on May 28, 2007, 03:35:22 PM

What the hell? That still doesn't disprove anything, even if that did make sense. You'd still know your mental state exists. Even if it's someone else's imagination.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Pancake Paraphernalia

Okay, you those who believe in God, If God is so real, prove it? It's probably a beam of light like the show it on TV.
number stations

anus

Quote from: DecembeR on May 28, 2007, 06:40:09 PM
Okay, you those who believe in God, If God is so real, prove it? It's probably a beam of light like the show it on TV.

We just have faith that He's there. We can't physically show you that He's there. We just believe he is.
dicks

Pancake Paraphernalia

Quote from: The Raven on May 28, 2007, 06:41:33 PM
Quote from: DecembeR on May 28, 2007, 06:40:09 PM

We just have faith that He's there. We can't physically show you that He's there. We just believe he is.

Why? So....Didn't God himself have to tell somebody that he's real and all that so that they can make some sort of religion out of it? He has to tell somebody. Or did Jesus tell them?It could be somebody making up all this shit and passing it on, and spreading rumors. I don't think "God" actually told anyone that he was there, if he actually was. And I really don't think little Jesus did either.
number stations

Go Up