April 23, 2024, 03:06:02 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Charizard-level100

Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 22, 2007, 09:57:47 PM
Quote from: Charizard-level100 on April 22, 2007, 09:54:35 PM
Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 22, 2007, 08:31:50 PM
Quote from: LCK on April 16, 2007, 04:34:16 PM
No, I don't. I've never really believed. My parents tried to raise me to believe, but it just never sunk in.

I find all of it to be idiotic. It just seems like an over the top fairy tale.

For all we really know, the bible was just a Fictional book written by some crazy ass guy. The way I see it, it's like someone 2000 years from now finding some sort of Edgar Allen Poe book, and worshiping what's inside it.

Sure, some people have found some things that could be considered proof of Jesus' crucifixion, but I don't believe it.
I need just about definite proof to believe this kind of stuff.

DON'T TRY TO CONVINCE ME OF ANYTHING. I WON'T BELIEVE IT.
Thanks, I've been looking for a new macro. y;

I think all religion is stupid. Besides, what kind of amazing god would want people to go to war killing eachother just over their beliefs? Blasphemy.
I think you're misinterpreting Christian beliefs a little there. True followers of Christ wouldn't kill a person over anything, especially their beliefs. Any "Christian" who would kill someone, or even dislike them, for the sole purpose of religious beliefs would be part-taking in what is called "false worship." If they were true Christians they would learn from and try to teach the teachings of Jesus, not start wars and/or kill people over them.
Yes, but you're not gonna find a "true christian" in any political party, which attempts to control everything. pseudo;
Who said anything about politics? psyduck;

Necro

Quote from: Charizard-level100 on April 23, 2007, 09:04:25 PM
No, I don't. I've never really believed. My parents tried to raise me to believe, but it just never sunk in.

For all we really know, the bible was just a Fictional book written by some crazy ass guy. The way I see it, it's like someone 2000 years from now finding some sort of Edgar Allen Poe book, and worshiping what's inside it.

Sure, some people have found some things that could be considered proof of Jesus' crucifixion, but I don't believe it.

I think all religion is stupid. Besides, what kind of amazing god would want people to go to war killing eachother just over their beliefs? Blasphemy.
I think you're misinterpreting Christian beliefs a little there. True followers of Christ wouldn't kill a person over anything, especially their beliefs. Any "Christian" who would kill someone, or even dislike them, for the sole purpose of religious beliefs would be part-taking in what is called "false worship." If they were true Christians they would learn from and try to teach the teachings of Jesus, not start wars and/or kill people over them.
Yes, but you're not gonna find a "true christian" in any political party, which attempts to control everything. pseudo;
Well, some preacher in Kansas isn't really the one pulling ll the strings, I'm talking about wars and such. In which case refers to even more than politics, but still, politics.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Charizard-level100

Quote from: Lawlz on April 23, 2007, 04:18:29 PM
Quote from: Eminem on April 23, 2007, 04:10:48 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on April 23, 2007, 04:06:51 PM
OLD BOOKS CAN NEVER BE WRONG. EVIDENCE AND MODERN RESEARCH AND DISCOVERIES ARE LIES.

This is by-far the most intelligent think you've said during this session. thumbup; Anyway, I'm not going to sustain this argument between "old books" and this "modern" shit. I believe in god and that's that.
Doesn't mean you have to remain oblivious to common sense.
Quoted for truth and great justice. :science: catholic;

hax;

Necro

Quote from: Charizard-level100 on April 23, 2007, 09:07:27 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on April 23, 2007, 04:18:29 PM
Quote from: Eminem on April 23, 2007, 04:10:48 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on April 23, 2007, 04:06:51 PM
OLD BOOKS CAN NEVER BE WRONG. EVIDENCE AND MODERN RESEARCH AND DISCOVERIES ARE LIES.

This is by-far the most intelligent think you've said during this session. thumbup; Anyway, I'm not going to sustain this argument between "old books" and this "modern" shit. I believe in god and that's that.
Doesn't mean you have to remain oblivious to common sense.
Quoted for truth and great justice. :science: catholic;

hax;
Seconded. v;
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Charizard-level100

Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 23, 2007, 09:06:21 PM

Well, some preacher in Kansas isn't really the one pulling ll the strings, I'm talking about wars and such. In which case refers to even more than politics, but still, politics.
Well I wasn't speaking of Christianity pertaining to politics, since some politicians aren't even Christian.

All I'm saying is that in the true Christian religion, God wouldn't say "Go to war with this country because of their religion."

Necro

Quote from: Charizard-level100 on April 23, 2007, 09:13:20 PM

Well I wasn't speaking of Christianity pertaining to politics, since some politicians aren't even Christian.

All I'm saying is that in the true Christian religion, God wouldn't say "Go to war with this country because of their religion."
I know, and I know. y;

I'm just saying, how would killing people over your religion really benefit the killer, if you're fucking over your religion in doing so? y;

Charizard-level100

Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 23, 2007, 09:16:34 PM
Quote from: Charizard-level100 on April 23, 2007, 09:13:20 PM

I know, and I know. y;

I'm just saying, how would killing people over your religion really benefit the killer, if you're fucking over your religion in doing so? y;
Don't ask me, ask the people who kill people over their religion. caterpie;

Morning_Glory

April 23, 2007, 11:33:05 PM #52 Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:43:09 PM by Morning_Glory
I believe in God and I am a Christian(Lutheran, to be exact).

cackslop

Quote from: Charizard-level100 on April 22, 2007, 08:07:21 PM
Quote from: cackslop on April 20, 2007, 05:19:11 PM
I'm a satanist.

That doesn't mean i worship satan...I don't believe in god...or satan.

I don't believe in ghost stories, or the boogieman so why the hell should i believe in god...there's no proof.

and the only reason it's been around so long is becuase humans are weak and need to rely on some higher being other than themselves to dictat their life.
That's all christians are...Lawlzing weak pititful humans. argh;
No need to generalize. Not all Christians are as you say they are. china;
Very true.

I'm just a bit bitter from watching the christian channel the past few days.

My apologies for anyone i have offended. sweat;

Embrace Your Carnal Urges.

CruelPleasure

I really don't know yet still wondering.

Corporal Atlas

At first I was uncertain, but then I saw a lot of evidence that he does exist. catholic;

I am the Atheist God.
*Is searching for way to be noticed*

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Corporal Atlas on April 28, 2007, 05:20:50 PM
At first I was uncertain, but then I saw a lot of evidence that he does exist. catholic;
Supply this so called "evidence."

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 28, 2007, 05:51:35 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on April 28, 2007, 05:50:37 PM
ON DUH RADYOH THEI FOND JESUZ TOMB

OR SUM DUM SHIT LYKE THAT
You do realize this is Serious Discussion, right?

Solar and Lunar

I don't believe in a God in common terms...I believe that god is the Universe itself and everything celestial and I do belive in some kind of magic in that sense...I don't really want to bound myselch to such rules that religion puts forth...I live by my own set of rules and morals...but that's a little off topic so yeah...
No, I've never heard of that site. Yes, you are very cool for knowing about them. Yes, I will join as soon as possible. No, I'm not kidding. God, shut up already!

Corporal Atlas

Quote from: Lawlz on April 28, 2007, 05:50:37 PM

1) Some dude used Jerusalem wood to build a staircase in a church that should technically collaspe.

2) Some girl had emminent death, but after her family prayed to some guy in trial for sainthood, she was miraculously perfect the next day.

3) Exorcisms have been recorded, so the counterpart must exist as well.

4) Roses growing out of stomachs and appearence of nail-like holes  on wrists have come to beings high in the church.

5) Some religous house supposedly flew in one day towardsa certain holy location, but I'm not sure on this story.

6) And there's more I can't remember at the moment, too. psyduck;

I am the Atheist God.
*Is searching for way to be noticed*

Go Up