May 23, 2024, 06:45:05 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Jean L. Kline on August 22, 2007, 12:41:00 AM
No I dont. psyduck;

I'm afraid if there is a hell I dont want to go there.  So it cant hurt to believe.
A sand negro could also blow up your home. Can't hurt to to believe they all are terrorists and save your ass.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

TheExAm

Quote from: Lawlz on August 22, 2007, 03:12:10 AM
A sand negro could also blow up your home. Can't hurt to to believe they all are terrorists and save your ass.
Well said, 'nuff said.

YPrrrr

Zack777

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 22, 2007, 07:42:06 AM
In hell there's no iMacs spam;

So, I don't mind using windows for the rest of eternity thanks to ?emulation?

YPrrrr

Quote from: Rodrigo Fiorentini on August 21, 2007, 08:14:40 PM
Then use historical sources, not religious ones.
Then do you believe most of the facts from the Middle Ages?

Daddy

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 22, 2007, 07:48:49 AM
Then do you believe most of the facts from the Middle Ages?
Yes, because you even said they are facts.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Rodrigo Fiorentini on August 22, 2007, 08:51:42 AM
Yes, because you even said they are facts.
Yes, but according to you, since they were submitted by religious people, they are not facts.

Daddy

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 22, 2007, 11:13:26 AM
Yes, but according to you, since they were submitted by religious people, they are not facts.
Are you an idiot?  I never once said that you can't trust religious people with historical facts.  psyduck;

Read what I said again.

Quote from: Rodrigo Fiorentini on August 21, 2007, 08:02:46 PM
When it comes to religious figures, yes.

guff

Quote from: Jean L. Kline on August 22, 2007, 12:41:00 AM
So it cant hurt to believe.
Why stick solely to Christianity, then?

Wouldn't want to get on Thor's bad side, would you?

Daddy

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 22, 2007, 12:17:05 PM
Why stick solely to Christianity, then?

Wouldn't want to get on Thor's bad side, would you?
Fuck Thor. I want to  please Quetzalcoatl so I can have a pleasant stay in Xibalba. 

Houdini

You guys better think twice about what you're saying. If you get on Zeus's bad side, next thing you know Charon will be rowing you down the Styx into Hades.

guff

Quote from: Toast on August 22, 2007, 12:47:46 PM
You guys better think twice about what you're saying. If you get on Zeus's bad side, next thing you know Charon will be rowing you down the Styx into Hades.
I SHALL DRINK FROM THE TEATS OF THE COW GODDESS HATHOR AS I DESCEND INTO OBLIVION argh;

Houdini

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 22, 2007, 12:57:36 PM
I SHALL DRINK FROM THE TEATS OF THE COW GODDESS HATHOR AS I DESCEND INTO OBLIVION argh;
But then Allah won't let you fuck virgins in heaven.

Himu

August 22, 2007, 07:25:59 PM #328 Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 07:32:14 PM by Jean L. Kline
Quote from: Lawlz on August 22, 2007, 03:12:10 AM
My new best friend is a "sand negro".  And so could anyone else.  So I might as well hate myself because I am capable to blow things up. psyduck;

Himu

Quote from: Rodrigo Fiorentini on August 22, 2007, 01:06:15 AM
Lying to yourself and forcing yourself into a belief that you don't really have full faith in is no way to live.  Your religion doesn't matter.  If I'm wrong about everything and God exists I have nothing to worry about, I did nothing wrong.  I'm not the one who scares people into believing in him with threats of eternal damnation in Hell. 

And even if God does exist, how can you be sure that you're following the right religion?   You could be forcing yourself to believe a lie, just to end up in Hell.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven ; Take a look at that.  Many different  religions have different beliefs on what exactly gets you into heaven.   

I'm going to do what I think is right because I think it's right. Not what some deity who may or may not even exist defines as being right.  I'll be a good person.   Chances are, that places me in a better place than hypocritical Christians who only preach the word of God, but fail to act on it.   

If I go to Hell, oh well.  If I go to Heaven, cool.   If Enlil, Enki, Krishna, Vishnu, Horus, or Osiris are actual Gods, oh well.
True.  What I dont get is how come everyone says the Bible is true, but I've never been given any proof that it is.  I've never been told anything serious my whole life so dont think I'm a complete idiot if their is proof.

Go Up