June 06, 2024, 10:53:01 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: V on August 21, 2007, 05:02:26 PM
HE DOESN'T THINK GOD IS REAL.
There is the slim possibility of some sort of deity, certainly not the one Christians whipped up, but Jesus?

lol

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on August 21, 2007, 05:04:56 PM
There is the slim possibility of some sort of deity, certainly not the one Christians whipped up, but Jesus?

lol
As a divine figure, hell no.  There is no God so it's not possible for anything divine to exist.

There was nothing special about Jesus, except that he was remembered throughout history and the cult following him saw it fit to transform him into a god like entity and pass that off as fact.  He may have been a good man but there was nothing different about him.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on August 21, 2007, 05:10:29 PM
As a divine figure, hell no.  There is no God so it's not possible for anything divine to exist.

There was nothing special about Jesus, except that he was remembered throughout history and the cult following him saw it fit to transform him into a god like entity and pass that off as fact.  He may have been a good man but there was nothing different about him.
Or he may not have existed at all.

cool

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on August 21, 2007, 05:14:09 PM
Or he may not have existed at all.

cool
That's a possibility too.

ThingPownin

Jesus existed. That is a historical fact.

guff

Quote from: ThingPownin on August 21, 2007, 05:37:14 PM
What sources back that up?

Daddy

strakt

Quote from: V on August 21, 2007, 01:08:13 PM
Elaborate.

I'm a religious-agnostic hedonist... I believe that something had to create life, but then evolution took over.

I fight with myself for the answer to these questions.
I think there is a higher power then us, maybe not a "god," but just something that controls every aspect of our life.  I feel our lives are already planned out for us anyway, we just follow the path.

Then for the Hedonistic part, the thought of religion doesn't concern me, I like and dislike religion (in general) for many reasons, so I am just living life to be happy, and not too please any "god," or anything like that.

Enough elaboration?

V

Quote from: strakt on August 21, 2007, 06:00:06 PM
I'm a religious-agnostic hedonist... I believe that something had to create life, but then evolution took over.

I fight with myself for the answer to these questions.
I think there is a higher power then us, maybe not a "god," but just something that controls every aspect of our life.  I feel our lives are already planned out for us anyway, we just follow the path.

Then for the Hedonistic part, the thought of religion doesn't concern me, I like and dislike religion (in general) for many reasons, so I am just living life to be happy, and not too please any "god," or anything like that.

Enough elaboration?

Yes, thank you. We encourage more than a two word reply when in serious discussion, unlike your first post.  flower;

YPrrrr

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on August 21, 2007, 05:04:56 PM

lol
You're such a dumbass.

Daddy

strakt

Quote from: ThingPownin on August 21, 2007, 05:37:14 PM

He may have existed, but did he actually cure people and all that stuff?

YPrrrr

Quote from: JMV290 on August 21, 2007, 06:13:46 PM
They also have records of Romulus and Remus.
well, w/e history's fucked up. whatcha gonna do? You could use that argument to disprove half the ancient world if you wanted to.

Daddy

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 21, 2007, 06:19:47 PM
well, w/e history's fucked up. whatcha gonna do? You could use that argument to disprove half the ancient world if you wanted to.
No, most things are documented by several different cultures, and there is archaeological evidence to support it.

What cites the existence of Jesus?

Go Up