April 19, 2024, 11:08:29 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Charizard-level100

Yeah, I believe in God. There's no actual way to prove God exists, but there's really no way to disprove it either.

I believe in God because something or someone had to have done something to create the world/universe. Things don't just appear out of nothing, unless you believe in spontaneous generation. I'm not sure if there's really God the way most people (who believe in God) picture it, but there has to be some sort of superior being. Though that still would leave the problem of who/what created the superior being, but that's something that's pretty much impossible to fathom, for my mind at least.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Pennywise on April 18, 2007, 09:17:14 PM
Quote from: mariofreak55 on April 18, 2007, 04:30:48 PM
There is no way of proving God. Christianity is revolved around faith. You have to have faith that God is there, and if you don't, then you don't.
Actually, there is. Just a simple look at the human body, eco system, our earth and the planets testifies to his handiwork.
How do you know it wasn't a group effort? Or maybe things have always existed this way? Another possibility (which I always have to give) is that nothing physically exists at all.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Pennywise on April 18, 2007, 09:25:41 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on April 18, 2007, 09:21:23 PM
There is no way of proving God. Christianity is revolved around faith. You have to have faith that God is there, and if you don't, then you don't.
Actually, there is. Just a simple look at the human body, eco system, our earth and the planets testifies to his handiwork.
How do you know it wasn't a group effort? Or maybe things have always existed this way? Another possibility (which I always have to give) is that nothing physically exists at all.
So basically you're saying you're simply a figment of my imagination?
Or each mind is its own universe.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

mariofreak55

So we're making each other up?

No wait, you don't exist.

Haha, fucker.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Pennywise on April 18, 2007, 09:26:57 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on April 18, 2007, 09:26:19 PM
Quote from: Pennywise on April 18, 2007, 09:25:41 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on April 18, 2007, 09:21:23 PM
So basically you're saying you're simply a figment of my imagination?
Or each mind is its own universe.
So according to this theory none of you exist at all?
Possibly. Or this "physical world" we "live" in is really just a thin wire that connects all of our universes, and exists for the sole purpose of sharing ideas.

Selkie

I try hard as hell to believe in god, because I want to go to heaven, that would be the shiz jsr;

but what it comes down t usually is the mood I am in at the time, wether I believe in him or not, that is.

Charizard-level100

I believe, when speaking of the human body and eco system, you're forgetting the theory of evolution. When everything first came to be (regardless of how), everything was probably extremely simple, and over millions of years evolved into the complicated state it's in today.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Pennywise on April 19, 2007, 09:36:33 PM
Quote from: Charizard-level100 on April 19, 2007, 12:17:19 PM
I believe, when speaking of the human body and eco system, you're forgetting the theory of evolution. When everything first came to be (regardless of how), everything was probably extremely simple, and over millions of years evolved into the complicated state it's in today.
The theory of evolution is flawed to say the least. Darwin gave more reasons to discredit his theory in his writings than he did to support it.
Influenza, the common cold, and AIDS evolve on a daily basis. Sure, they're just viruses, but it's proof that evolution most certainly is real.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Pennywise on April 19, 2007, 09:41:19 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on April 19, 2007, 09:38:27 PM
The theory of evolution is flawed to say the least. Darwin gave more reasons to discredit his theory in his writings than he did to support it.
Influenza, the common cold, and AIDS evolve on a daily basis. Sure, they're just viruses, but it's proof that evolution most certainly is real.
They adapt by mutation. Often losing parts of themselves that were susceptible. Which is why someone who uses large amounts of antibiotics will often find the viruses become hardened against such attacks.
And is evolution not a mutation in a species to improve their chances of survival?

Tri4se

They adapt by mutation. Often losing parts of themselves that were susceptible. Which is why someone who uses large amounts of antibiotics will often find the viruses become hardened against such attacks.
In short, evolution.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Pennywise on April 19, 2007, 09:44:30 PM
Quote from: Tri4se on April 19, 2007, 09:42:55 PM
In short, evolution.
No. Evolution adds to the species as a whole. Mutation has never brought about changes to a species. It's always losing, never gaining.
Then vaccines for influenza must be nonexistant.

Apparently, they do exist, and apparently there is a new strain every year.

Evolution=Mutation on a larger scale.

cackslop

I'm a satanist.

That doesn't mean i worship satan...I don't believe in god...or satan.

I don't believe in ghost stories, or the boogieman so why the hell should i believe in god...there's no proof.

and the only reason it's been around so long is becuase humans are weak and need to rely on some higher being other than themselves to dictat their life.
That's all christians are...fucking weak pititful humans. argh;

Embrace Your Carnal Urges.

Lance7

I beleive in A god. I don't beleive the Christian God exists because he is portrayed in the bible as selfish and contricicting. God killed millions of people in the bible. Satan killed 3.  psyduck;

MARIOMANIAC21

Charizard-level100

Quote from: cackslop on April 20, 2007, 05:19:11 PM
I'm a satanist.

That doesn't mean i worship satan...I don't believe in god...or satan.

I don't believe in ghost stories, or the boogieman so why the hell should i believe in god...there's no proof.

and the only reason it's been around so long is becuase humans are weak and need to rely on some higher being other than themselves to dictat their life.
That's all christians are...fucking weak pititful humans. argh;
No need to generalize. Not all Christians are as you say they are. china;

Go Up