April 18, 2024, 12:35:33 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I think I'm becoming more liberal

Started by Zach, May 02, 2009, 07:14:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sans culottes

Quote from: Title on August 15, 2009, 08:47:43 PM
Most liberals are fucking dumbasses who are liberal for the sole reason that it's the hip thing to do and because Bush was a bad president. It's actually really ironic because we like to paint conservatives as the more uneducated people, which is only true in the South, really. Liberals have no idea why they're liberal. Most people have no idea why they voted for Barack Obama.
Kinda agree with you here. I see dipshits on both sides. The key difference between them is that stupid conservatives make themselves seem obviously stupid, but stupid liberals like to appear smart when they really aren't. On the other hand, I've seen brilliant thinkers on both sides. I've seen quite a few conservatives who, even if I may disagree with them, are admirable. Most of these people are called "libertarian" and the like nowadays, becaus the new definition of conservative seems to be a holy roller who likes giant world-policing goverments. And of course, there's plenty of smart liberals who don't fall for the BUSH SUX LOL SAVE DA TREES propaganda.

To be, in my eyes, a great political thinker, I could care less about your views. A great political thinker looks into everything, understands the way other people think on an issue, and doesn't need to be blindly slammed into one of two categories.
I support BUSH

Oh

Republicans are pretty damn greedy assholes, they would rather have that 6th tv than to help those who can't help themselves.  akudood;

Daddy

wait bush sucks is propaganda?

i thought that was a fact

Samus Aran

Quote from: Khadafi on August 16, 2009, 05:48:01 PM
wait bush sucks is propaganda?

i thought that was a fact

or even personal opinion, maybe

but i guess everything is propaganda these days n_u

Daddy

no i'm pretty sure even most conservatives agree that bush sucked.

hence why almost every republican candidate tried to distance themselves from him. baddood;

rdl

August 16, 2009, 06:20:33 PM #35 Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 06:28:28 PM by RDX
I'm pretty sure most republicans have Bush in their top 10 or 15. I forgot, but there was some discussion somewhere about who the best and worst presidents were, and the top 10 or 15 were basically the same except the Republicans had Bush on their list and the Democrats had either Carter, Clinton or Grant on theirs. I don't remember, it was awhile ago. I think it was Carter.

Bush has a shitty public image so if you were trying to get votes you wouldn't want to ally yourself with him. That's why McCain avoided him.

Daddy

Quote from: RDX on August 16, 2009, 06:20:33 PMBush just has a shitty public image.
That he got by sucking

I would think that stating a person sucks would translate into fact and not propaganda when they:
-Led the country in a costly war based on "bad intelligence" and "god telling him to"
-Violated the fourth amendment and defended such.
-Authorized torture and then claiming that simulating drowning someone isn't torture
-Pardoning someone who committed perjury to  cover up details in an investigation about the aforementioned war.

regardless of the party, I would think doing just one of those puts you far past the sucking line.

Title

Quote from: Khadafi on August 16, 2009, 06:14:41 PM
no i'm pretty sure even most conservatives agree that bush sucked.

hence why almost every republican candidate tried to distance themselves from him. baddood;
I never said Bush sucking was propaganda.

Anyways, in 7 years when all of the liberals pull their heads out of their asses and realize that they actually voted a bad Democrat into office, not once, but twice, the country will probably come back to it's senses. I agree with most social beliefs that liberals have but then again that's not really why you vote for a president.

rdl

Daddy

Quote from: Title on August 16, 2009, 06:39:15 PM
I never said Bush sucking was propaganda.
I was replying to:
Quote from: coz on August 15, 2009, 11:30:46 PM
BUSH SUX LOL SAVE DA TREES propaganda.

Anyways, in 7 years when all of the liberals pull their heads out of their asses and realize that they actually voted a bad Democrat into office,
Uh, my main problem with him is that he's hesitant to spend any political capital and letting the republican cry babies bend and twist every damn bill when he has a majority of democrats in congress so he can pass the legislation. He needs to stop being a bitch and tell them to go sit on a dick instead of trying to appeal to them.

There is a reason they lost the election.
Quotenot once, but twice, the country will probably come back to it's senses.
You can't predict the future so the "twice thing" is a bit silly.

And what senses? The senses that got Bush re-elected?  baddood;

also two party systems suck but neither democrats or republicans are going to pass any legislation that will adjust that because they don't want to lose power. sucks for us.

QuoteI agree with most social beliefs that liberals have but then again that's not really why you vote for a president.
Uh, I'm pretty sure you do vote for a president who best represents your political views.  doodhuh;

Unless you know something I don't.

also I supported Kucinich originally before someone gets all pissy
Quote from: RDX on August 16, 2009, 06:41:12 PM
Clinton was a bad president? n_u
he got a blow job and the family values circle jerk spent millions investigating it.

Title

Clinton was a bed president because he chopped Alan Greenspan's dick off and made him reduce interest rates to places that have gotten us in the recession we're in today. Bush Jr. and Sr. have had very little to do with the last two recessions. You can blame Iraq but it's really a matter of public vs. private debt, and Clinton is the root of nearly all the private debt in this country.

Daddy

Quote from: Title on August 16, 2009, 06:48:08 PM
Clinton was a bed president because he chopped Alan Greenspan's dick off and made him reduce interest rates to places that have gotten us in the recession we're in today.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Interest+Rates+US

That clearly shows  drop in early 2001(i.e. Before 9/11) continuing until late 2003. Bush was president then. doodthing;

I won't say anything about the even larger drop at the end of 2008 because it's obvious why that happened.

QuoteBush Jr. and Sr. have had very little to do with the last two recessions. You can blame Iraq but it's really a matter of public vs. private debt, and Clinton is the root of nearly all the private debt in this country.
Except that the Bush administration had just as bad, if not worse of a drop in interest rates.

You can then mention Reagan and conservative co.'s deregulation brigade allowing for predatory tactics allowing for unrestricted consumer debt.

both sides are to blame.
the entire us culture is basically "buy buy buy, pay later".

i can then bring this to a healthcare/education/etc thing but lol

Travis

obama is spending all my parents money

Title

Quote from: Khadafi on August 16, 2009, 07:02:50 PM
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Interest+Rates+US

That clearly shows  drop in early 2001(i.e. Before 9/11) continuing until late 2003. Bush was president then. doodthing;

I won't say anything about the even larger drop at the end of 2008 because it's obvious why that happened.

Except that the Bush administration had just as bad, if not worse of a drop in interest rates.

You can then mention Reagan and conservative co.'s deregulation brigade allowing for predatory tactics allowing for unrestricted consumer debt.

both sides are to blame.
the entire us culture is basically "buy buy buy, pay later".

i can then bring this to a healthcare/education/etc thing but lol
The reason that the drop happened in 2001 is because it took a couple years for Clinton's nigger bullshit to take effect and for people to start getting foreclosed on

Daddy

What about the rest of the post.

And you completely ignored the chart.

QuoteThat clearly shows  drop in early 2001(i.e. Before 9/11) continuing until late 2003. Bush was president then

The interest rates dropped while Bush was president, not the personal debt.

Considering that changes in interest rates don't take years to kick in, that point is just stupid.

Go Up