October 25, 2024, 01:22:32 PM

1,531,341 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I hate how important looks are.

Started by strongbad, April 16, 2009, 07:45:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FAMY2

Quote from: Veal on April 17, 2009, 08:07:57 PM

That's a pitiful face. And I find you fascinating too. Especially your videos.   hocuspocus;

Veal

Quote from: FAMY2 on April 17, 2009, 08:10:15 PM
That's a pitiful face. And I find you fascinating too. Especially your videos.   hocuspocus;

it's the face i'm constantly making.

FAMY2

Quote from: Veal on April 17, 2009, 08:19:59 PM
it's the face i'm constantly making.

You are much better looking when you smile.   :3

wawi

It's very hard to find someone who does not make looks one of the most important factors.

Veal

guff

i only like chicks with huge knockers

just1more

It has more to do with instinct than anything. You have an instinct to like attractive people, because attractive people are (in general) the healthiest. You want to make babies with someone who is healthy and has good genes, so the child will be taken care of and will live a healthy life and one day have their own children.

Anyone who you find unattractive probably isn't as healthy. This is most obviously seen in people who are obese, anorexic, or look sickly.

It's all evolutionary biology.

Sam

Quote from: Dean Martin on April 18, 2009, 01:42:22 PM
It has more to do with instinct than anything. You have an instinct to like attractive people, because attractive people are (in general) the healthiest. You want to make babies with someone who is healthy and has good genes, so the child will be taken care of and will live a healthy life and one day have their own children.

Anyone who you find unattractive probably isn't as healthy. This is most obviously seen in people who are obese, anorexic, or look sickly.

eh, to an extent.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Walter

Eh. Not everything is accounted for by evolution. A lot of it has to do with the media and the phycology of the mind... more so then evolution at least.

Classic

I'm not so critical on looks.
I mean, look at me. I'm an ogre.

just1more

Quote from: Walter on April 18, 2009, 03:17:28 PM
Eh. Not everything is accounted for by evolution. A lot of it has to do with the media and the phycology of the mind... more so then evolution at least.

have you ever taken animal behavior?

Selkie

That's probably true to an extent, but lots of evolutionary and instinctual things have kind of changed, considering we live in a world where we don't really need to fight to survive anymore. And the media and culture in general is changing our ideas of things.

An example is laughing. That is our bodies instinctive reaction to something we find out-of-place, and the body's attempt to relieve the stress. But we don't laugh simply for things that seem wrong to us anymore. We laugh more when we are happy, etc.

Walter

l a c e y

who cares, looks are always going to matter, no matter what.
i don't care what anyone says, you notice peoples looks before you know their personalities.
even if you're all like no it's their personality i'm attracted to and everyone else thinks their ugly you probably find them attractive.
everyone thinks that different people are attractive.
end of story, there's always gunna be someone out their for you no matter how ugly you are cause someone will find you attractive.
now shut up.

Skylark

I think people who look sickly are generally attractive.

Also, what about homosexuals? I can't look at a girl and be attracted to her because I want to reproduce with her
the book of right on

Go Up