Thread updated as states legalize same-sex marriage *USA*

Started by Daddy, April 03, 2009, 07:02:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Josh

l a c e y

my honest opinion is that it should be legalized everywhere and religions should just stop worrying about it.
they aren't going to stop anyone from being gay.
everyone should just be able to live their lives and be happy.
how can you stop people from loving?

guff

Andrew1911

Knig

Quote from: Rahkün on April 06, 2009, 01:33:52 PM
I realized how stupid it sounds that something like marriage has to be legalized.

I think marriage as a legalized institution should be rid of altogether. People who actually want children (whether to adopt or to make them) should be tested to see if they meet basic requirements that demonstrate they are capable (psychologically and financially) of raising kids. Of course this would mean making huge changes to the legal system, but I think society would be better off.

Daddy

Daddy

ME##

Quote from: Ã,µÎ© on May 06, 2009, 04:26:27 PM
Oh, and the House of Representatives in NH approved the bill.
http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid82799.asp
It seems to be down for me though.

http://gayrights.change.org/blog?category_id=35365

Also the federal government might have to pick the issue up if DC decides to recognise same-sex marriages from other places and then later decide to leaglise it there as well.  baddood;

Though I can see congress killing it in a heartbeat.

Daddy

Quote from: divaD on May 06, 2009, 04:54:30 PM
Also the federal government might have to pick the issue up if DC decides to recognise same-sex marriages from other places and then later decide to leaglise it there as well.  baddood;

Though I can see congress killing it in a heartbeat.
Didn't DC vote to recognize them?

I also don't see congress killing it that quickly. If enough Dems that are higher up support it, the rest will follow and they have a majority.

ME##

May 06, 2009, 05:59:22 PM #56 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 01:50:15 PM by Canard Diapason Funambule
Quote from: µΩ on May 06, 2009, 05:29:28 PM
Didn't DC vote to recognize them?

I also don't see congress killing it that quickly. If enough Dems that are higher up support it, the rest will follow and they have a majority.

Yes. 

And perhaps, but I could imagine that the Democrats closer to the centre wouldn't be too eager to get on board.  Though I could be way off, I know at least four of my state's congressmen would vote against it most likely though.

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Go Up