Thread updated as states legalize same-sex marriage *USA*

Started by Daddy, April 03, 2009, 07:02:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Classic

Thyme

the shortest route to the sea

Seems useless to me, a lot of semantics and misunderstandings and debate tactics.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Slim

Quote from: Socks on December 04, 2009, 03:59:57 PMalso, the law is what decides if a class of people are or were wronged. in this case it is the law itself that is authorizing a denial of service for homosexuals toward marriage. so really, as far as the law is concerned, everything is hunky dory.

Okay, but as far as you're concerned, in your own personal opinion, should gays be allowed to get married or not? Forget about the law for now.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Daddy

Quote from: Slim on December 05, 2009, 07:32:56 AM
Okay, but as far as you're concerned, in your own personal opinion, should gays be allowed to get married or not? Forget about the law for now.
Vague, obscure, vague vague. I debate like a republican, obscure.

Also, in addition to Slim's question. Regardless of if you think gays should be married or not. Do you think they should be eligible for the same tax breaks on tax returns, visitation in hospitals, joint insurance policies, and such?

Sam

Quote from: Hïro on December 04, 2009, 09:44:14 AM
civil union
Same thing, just a different word and without religious connotations  baddood;

um hello

can we get back to how utterly incorrect this statement is?
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Slim

Quote from: Sam on December 06, 2009, 03:42:09 AM
um hello

ya, it's incorrect

what else do you want us to say?
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Socks

Quote from: Slim on December 05, 2009, 07:32:56 AM

Although I am not fully at peace with the idea, I do indeed think they should be allowed to get married. I base the decision on my own feelings (which are, as I said, mixed) and judgment, and not because marriage is a civil right that's being denied to gays. Being gay is not a trend or an exclusively false state, so it is here to stay. As such, the phenomena should be accommodated as much as possible within the legal structure of the law and incorporated into the many civil liberties we enjoy. In due time I think this will almost inevitably happen as our society progress and conditions change.

My main issue and concern is dramatic upheaval that may be based on legitimate desires and points, but that's being argued for in extreme and absolute terms under the false pretense of civil rights. This seeks to nullify the view and opinion of the majority by trying to impose the will of the minority via a civil rights violation argument. I do not think that's right. I think the process by which things are being decided now is legitimate and the correct one. If the results are not in favor of gays, then of course I can understand and sympathize with the unhappiness. However that alone is not reason enough to disregard such results as illegitimate or as abhorrent. It is simply the state of society and the will of the people, for the time being at least. I see nothing wrong with that (the process), personally speaking.

Quote from: JMV on December 05, 2009, 07:56:08 AM
Do you think they should be eligible for the same tax breaks on tax returns, visitation in hospitals, joint insurance policies, and such?

Of course. There is no point in being petty by altering the benefits of married individuals based on their orientation, seeing as how (in this hypothetical) they're eligible to get married in the first place. On top of all the things such a situation may be categorized as, it also serves to undermine the process and institution of marriage.

Hiro

Quote from: Sam on December 06, 2009, 03:42:09 AM
um hello

yeah it's not exactly the same thing, but you know what I mean  baddood;

Daddy

Daddy

If California doesn't suck I can update this on Friday to include California.

lol mormons

BlackDS

It is a free country, you should be able to marry a goat of you want to.  n_u

[move]philip;[/move]

Daddy

Quote from: BlackDS on August 21, 2010, 01:33:53 PM
It is a free country, you should be able to marry a goat of you want to.  n_u
I don't think goats can enter contracts.

YPrrrr

Oh I thought maybe Wisconsin had done it today or something... I guess it's just a gay pride day with all the flags and men in leather and chains riding around on flatbeds yelling at people

Daddy

Quote from: YPR on August 22, 2010, 03:12:35 PM
Oh I thought maybe Wisconsin had done it today or something... I guess it's just a gay pride day with all the flags and men in leather and chains riding around on flatbeds yelling at people
That's actually the homo army mobilizing.

Go Up