Question aimed more towards Christians lol

Started by Daddy, March 17, 2009, 06:36:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

EVOLUTION AND THE STORY OF CREATION

I believe that we were created by God 6000 years ago like The Bible says.
1 (3.7%)
I believe we were created by God more than 6000 years ago.
0 (0%)
I believe that God created the world 6000 years ago and we evolved from there
2 (7.4%)
I believe we evolved a long time ago but God created the world.
4 (14.8%)
I don't believe in God and I believe we evolved
16 (59.3%)
I don't believe in God but I also don't think we evolved.
0 (0%)
I believe something other than these options and will post about it.
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Go Down

Daddy

who says there was nothing. as far as we know the universe could be a chain of collapses and big bangs, and once this universe collapses, it will cause another big bang. baddood;

or maybe some other string theory shit or something involving multi-verses. ask the people who work in billion dollar labs and PHDs.  akudood;

but yeah for the former stuff, in before OKAY WHERE DID THE FIRST UNIVERSE COME FROM because if you will use 'he always existed' then they always existed  akudood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 18, 2009, 09:59:21 PM
who says there was nothing.
I thought we disproved spontaneous generation
Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 18, 2009, 09:59:21 PM

but yeah for the former stuff, in before OKAY WHERE DID THE FIRST UNIVERSE COME FROM because if you will use 'he always existed' then they always existed  akudood;
Except physical things can't just come from nothing and they couldnt have just been there for all time. It doesn't seem like something scientists would be willing to accept anyway... They'd always be looking for whatever created that.

God is an exception to the rule because he is outside of the physical world, so he doesn't require a timeline.

Daddy

Quote from: YPR on March 18, 2009, 10:06:10 PM
I thought we disproved spontaneous generation
uhm we did when it comes to life and matter, but as i said, the physics of the early(as i mean in planck time) universe differed greatly as the four forces had yet to even separate.

QuoteExcept physical things can't just come from nothing and they couldnt have just been there for all time. It doesn't seem like something scientists would be willing to accept anyway... They'd always be looking for whatever created that.
sometimes i make stuff up because it sounds cool.

but really, the conditions of the early universe varied so differently scientists are still trying to understand but it has nothing to do with a God, but if they somehow go OH LOL LOOK GOD LEFT A NOTE ill go okay cool lol other lol

QuoteGod is an exception to the rule because he is outside of the physical world, so he doesn't require a timeline.
you know that's really stupid and it's the same as kids playing the floor is lava and one kid losing and going WELL I'M WEIRING TITANIUM BOOTS SO I DON'T DIE akudood;
you can't exempt your own deity from the laws of the universe.  akudood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 18, 2009, 10:13:40 PM
uhm we did when it comes to life and matter, but as i said, the physics of the early(as i mean in planck time) universe differed greatly as the four forces had yet to even separate.

that doesn't prove anything, it just buys time for your argument

sometimes i make stuff up because it sounds cool.

it has nothing to do with a God, but if they somehow go OH LOL LOOK GOD LEFT A NOTE ill go okay cool lol other lol
I don't know what that has to do with anything... but you can't definitively say God had nothing to do with it

you know that's really stupid and it's the same as kids playing the floor is lava and one kid losing and going WELL I'M WEIRING TITANIUM BOOTS SO I DON'T DIE akudood;
you can't exempt your own deity from the laws of the universe.  akudood;
Except it's really nothing like that at all, maybe you're just making up stuff because it sounds cool

Daddy

Quote from: YPR on March 18, 2009, 10:22:52 PM
that doesn't prove anything, it just buys time for your argument

what
I don't know what that has to do with anything...
yeah it should have been pretty clear when i posted the comic that i really don't care today and i'm not trying and just seeing how long i can continue this without actually saying anything important
Quotebut you can't definitively say God had nothing to do with it
Well, I can.  And then beyond a reasonable doubt, and many unreasonable ones I can also say that a god had nothing to do with it. akudood;

QuoteExcept it's really nothing like that at all, maybe you're just making up stuff because it sounds cool
if your argument for why he can do what he does is that he is outside the physical world and is thus exempt it is the same except instead of the floor is lava it's the universe is complex

Daddy

also it took me like 5 tries to make that post go through stupid smf

oh god i broke somethign brb

YPrrrr

Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 18, 2009, 10:28:15 PM

if your argument for why he can do what he does is that he is outside the physical world and is thus exempt it is the same except instead of the floor is lava it's the universe is complex
Except no one is claiming these titanium boots created the universe. I think it's clear that if there is a creator of the universe that he would have to exist outside of the timeline of his creations because he existed before them and any notion or definition of time

Daddy

Quote from: YPR on March 18, 2009, 10:34:13 PM
Except no one is claiming these titanium boots created the universe. I think it's clear that if there is a creator of the universe that he would have to exist outside of the timeline of his creations because he existed before them and any notion or definition of time
then explain pantheism and its view that god is the universe

YPrrrr

Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 19, 2009, 01:24:43 AM
then explain pantheism and its view that god is the universe
Had never read up on it before... interesting theory... Not one that I believe in however. That is more along the lines of your comic where the world and God both suddenly appear from nothing

Veal

God created space and time. Him having "always" been around implies that he is within the limits of time and has been around for negative infinity. Wrong. He's just been around since the beginning of time, and "before" that, although that implies that there was time before time.

Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 18, 2009, 09:27:35 PM
Uhm, it was a legitimate discussion about James Ussher and his seemingly random work of using dates to find "the age of the earth" which is where a lot of Young Earth Creationists get their "facts"

I was talking about
Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 18, 2009, 08:33:43 PM
The Bible is the infallible word of the Lord. DIE HOMOS akudood; akudood;

and
Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 18, 2009, 09:22:38 PM
making shit up as they go.  akudood;

and
Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 18, 2009, 09:27:35 PM
i heard they believe in this guy who made everything but you can't see him. xD

Slim

Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Daddy

Slim

Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 19, 2009, 01:32:40 PM
yes but the poll is cool

No one--except for a few rednecks maybe--literally believes in Genesis so your poll is silly.

It should have simply been "do you believe in evolution y/n."
...Or not been made at all. baddood;
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Daddy

Quote from: Slim on March 19, 2009, 04:34:41 PM
No one--except for a few rednecks maybe--literally believes in Genesis so your poll is silly.

It should have simply been "do you believe in evolution y/n."
...Or not been made at all. baddood;
I'm sure we'll get at least 1 serious vote for a literal interpretation.  akudood;

Selkie

I don't really have any strong opinion on whether or not we were created by someone or what. I can't make an opinion on where we came from.

But I do believe we escape the physical world and enter a different one when we die.

Go Up