Question aimed more towards Christians lol

Started by Daddy, March 17, 2009, 06:36:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

EVOLUTION AND THE STORY OF CREATION

I believe that we were created by God 6000 years ago like The Bible says.
1 (3.7%)
I believe we were created by God more than 6000 years ago.
0 (0%)
I believe that God created the world 6000 years ago and we evolved from there
2 (7.4%)
I believe we evolved a long time ago but God created the world.
4 (14.8%)
I don't believe in God and I believe we evolved
16 (59.3%)
I don't believe in God but I also don't think we evolved.
0 (0%)
I believe something other than these options and will post about it.
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Go Down

Daddy

March 17, 2009, 06:36:38 PM Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 06:09:40 PM by ₭€₩₦
yeah some of these options are silly but i want to see how some people respond and if some people really are crazy akudood;

Alan

Classic

I don't believe in God and I believe we evolved.

Daddy

Quote from: Alan on March 17, 2009, 07:01:55 PM
third from the top
oops i forgot to finish that one. i meant to include 'and evolved from there' which is silly

uhm you can change your vote if you want.

and are you srs

Thyme

I don't believe in Yahweh (that's the one you mean right? hocuspocus;) and I believe we evolved.

That sentence doesn't cover everything but it is, in itself, true.

Daddy

Quote from: Thyme on March 17, 2009, 07:12:35 PM
I don't believe in Yahweh (that's the one you mean right? hocuspocus;) and I believe we evolved.

That sentence doesn't cover everything but it is, in itself, true.
I said "God" not a god so yes.

YPrrrr

I don't know if this fits the fourth option, but I basically believe God created the world whenever it began and He had a plan for humanity to inherit the earth. He may have created humanity through evolution.

Daddy

Quote from: YPR on March 17, 2009, 07:25:19 PM
I don't know if this fits the fourth option, but I basically believe God created the world whenever it began and He had a plan for humanity to inherit the earth. He may have created humanity through evolution.
yeah that'd be the fourth.

Veal

I believe in God and that I don't know what to believe as far as evolution goes beyond that. It seems to be supported by science, but that could be trickery, you know, something affected by the flood or... something. I really don't know anything about it beyond the basics taught in Biology, and I don't care, which sounds ignorant but there's a million things to study and whether we evolved or not doesn't affect my belief in a God or how I should live.

in short, i don't know ;_;

Bolivian Army

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

j o e i n c

Det in F♯ Major

uhm why are like the first 49320432 options the same thing

goonish
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Thyme

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on March 18, 2009, 11:57:40 AM

goonish

Second option is earlier than 6000 years ago.

Daddy

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on March 18, 2009, 11:57:40 AM

goonish
durp

a. God created the world 4000bc and somehow, we evolved from there even though lol 6000 years isn't enough to develop a human species.
b. God created the world/universe/penis billions of years ago and we evolved over millions of years.

NAWT the same woman.  baddood;

Virgule punctuation mark

I don't think that there are many accurate measures of time described in the Bible, in many passages Days, months, years, and such are used interchangeably and/or figuratively.
"For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night."- Psalm 90:4

The whole thing, if true seems like a plausible enough outline of pre-history
First there is the void of space, followed by the light of the sun, eventually the earth is created with water, and later still land rises, bringing plant-life.
At some point the moon appears and sea-creatures are created, followed by flying ones (only part that would seem to possibly contradict scientific evidence)
after another "day" The earth would bring forth creatures as well, then after another period Humankind is made.

Go Up