September 21, 2024, 11:31:08 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Windows 7 Thread

Started by The artist formally known, January 13, 2009, 11:39:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Official Windows 7 Thread

I'm running it and I love it
1 (5.6%)
I'm running it and I like it
1 (5.6%)
I'm running it and I'm going to switch to another OS because it sucks
0 (0%)
I used it and switched back
1 (5.6%)
I'm planning on switching to it soon
3 (16.7%)
I don't care
12 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Go Down

Eru_Roraito

I'm using Ubuntu, I don't want Windows 7.
Or XP
or Vista
Will eat for food.

bluaki

February 06, 2009, 02:11:03 AM #16 Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 02:14:31 AM by bluaki
Can somebody explain to me how the themes system works on Win7? Do the themes change tons of things like window border style and font and whatever? Or do they just change the texture or the window borders or something like that?
I personally would like to stick with Royale-like themes.

also,

LCK

Quote from: bluaki on February 06, 2009, 02:11:03 AM
Can somebody explain to me how the themes system works on Win7? Do the themes change tons of things like window border style and font and whatever? Or do they just change the texture or the window borders or something like that?
I personally would like to stick with Royale-like themes.

bluaki

Quote from: Trevor on February 06, 2009, 05:26:42 AM
Those thumbnails are all I've been able to find when searching. Though, the ones I've seen before are all like the top row.

Also, is it possible to install Windows 7 without having a DVD burner, by using something like Daemon Tools to mount the ISO? The splash screen I see when I mount the iso seems to mention being able to upgrade from an existing installation of Windows without booting from the DVD, but something makes me think it'd at one point tell me that it needs to restart the computer mid-installation then do something in a way that Daemon Tools wouldn't be able to help with.

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on February 08, 2009, 12:30:07 PM
Those thumbnails are all I've been able to find when searching. Though, the ones I've seen before are all like the top row.

Also, is it possible to install Windows 7 without having a DVD burner, by using something like Daemon Tools to mount the ISO? The splash screen I see when I mount the iso seems to mention being able to upgrade from an existing installation of Windows without booting from the DVD, but something makes me think it'd at one point tell me that it needs to restart the computer mid-installation then do something in a way that Daemon Tools wouldn't be able to help with.

I believe Engadget was able to do it with a USB thumb drive with the Vaio P, or something like that.

bluaki

Quote from: Parrot Pancake on February 08, 2009, 12:45:56 PM
I believe Engadget was able to do it with a USB thumb drive with the Vaio P, or something like that.
My USB thumb drive is 2GB while the ISO is 2.5GB :(

ME##

ME##

Sync

Quote from: bluaki on February 08, 2009, 12:30:07 PM

I was able to install Vista on my laptop using Daemon tools.

Go Up