April 16, 2024, 11:48:42 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

mm

Started by Phone Bill, March 10, 2009, 03:35:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Phone Bill

Boyah, I have no idea if you like me at all but even if you don't, I'm asking for the decent of some seriousness, at least for this one post.

When I was 14 years old, the doctor told me I suffered from abolic depression (I am 17 now). For a long time I took antidepressants, simply because I didn't know anything about anything at the time. I stopped taking them on my 16th birthday, which  may seem retarded if it's a prescribed medication, but it was a choice I had to make for myself. I hated the way it made my body feel, I hated being dependant on it, and most of all I just hated feeling of apathy towards everything.

This has been an uphill battle for me ever since I quit. Maybe this is why I smoke weed practically everyday, maybe it's why I smoke as well, but thats not something I ever want to admit. My mentality is so much different than it was when I was 14. I can see the goodness in everything, when I'm high and when I'm sober, but sometimes I just become so bipolar. One day I'll come to school and I'll be totally sober, and I'll love every minute of the day. I'll love the sun, I'll love anyone who talks to me, and everything else that I come in contact with. Then the next day, I'll just feel like shit the entire day, at random times I'll just feel like crying, and I curl up and tend to not do anything productive at all.

I work out, I eat well, I drink enough water, I have friends, I've never had problems with getting girlfriends, I finally live in a nice area, and I'm a pretty good looking guy, if I may say so myself.

What is the point of all of this? I'm asking for advice. I find myself at a crossway of sorts. I can fall back into using antidepressants, something I really, really don't want to do, I can keep doing what I am know and just live discontent, or I could make some other change to my life.

Can I have some advice?

Daddy

Stop the cigs, they have no health benefits and are just an addictive death trap in your wallet.
The weed, that's up to you, it's not addictive and there are some health benefits, but every day isn't good.

I wouldn't touch anti-depressants again.  madood;
Cut back or stop the current drug use and try to change something. hocuspocus;

Phone Bill

Quote from: Raekewn on March 10, 2009, 03:41:06 PM
Stop the cigs, they have no health benefits and are just an addictive death trap in your wallet.
The weed, that's up to you, it's not addictive and there are some health benefits, but every day isn't good.

I wouldn't touch anti-depressants again.  madood;
Cut back or stop the current drug use and try to change something. hocuspocus;

I was kind of hoping you'd offer a suggestion as to what else I should do :c

And ya, I have one smoke left, so after tomorrow it's my goal to not smoke cigerettes anymore. The whole, smoke weed everyday is up in the air; it's not that I'm not willing to say I quit, but that I don't want to say I quit and then get high next week.

superclucky

you smoke in order to cope with your moods y/n

also I never heard of abolic depression, but I did have depression back in freshman year, plus it did make me realize all the good things in life

plus it seems you're might be suffering from some type of borderline disorder (bipolar usually lasts for a couple of days) but you seem to get depressed out of the blues, don't you?

or it can be cyclothymia, but you seem too happy to be cyclothmatic, so i dunno ;_;

if you don't want the pills (are you sure its not genetic?) then you can go to a health store and request things for your symptoms, such as omega fatty acids or herbs that relax you that don't involve smoking ganja

plus sleeping around 8+ hours helps reduce the symptoms <3
kewns are smelly

superclucky

i have to vary words

espically with the word 'plus' ;____;
kewns are smelly

Phone Bill

Quote from: Probably Felt on March 10, 2009, 05:30:50 PM
y/n

is that actually a question or do are you calling me dumb lol

and thanks, I think I might head to GNC tomorrow

superclucky

Quote from: Phone Bill on March 10, 2009, 05:41:47 PM
is that actually a question or do are you calling me dumb lol

and thanks, I think I might head to GNC tomorrow
it's actually a question but there's some dumbass admin who doesn't know how to control his anger so he replaced y / n with that
kewns are smelly

Phone Bill

9/10 I won't get high if I'm in a depressed mood, I just smoke entire packs of cigarettes by myself

Quote from: Probably Felt on March 10, 2009, 05:43:14 PM
p.s buy me tons of laxatives

Oh god, I'll share some of mine with you. I ate wayy too many cheese perogies 0|

Det in F♯ Major

You should find a sport or club or activity that you love to do. It'll make you happy and you'll have fun and make new friends.  hocuspocus;
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Phone Bill

Quote from: Fatman Scoop on March 10, 2009, 05:47:28 PM
You should find a sport or club or activity that you love to do. It'll make you happy and you'll have fun and make new friends.  hocuspocus;

I've never been one for sports; I just have no competitive edge to me.

I like to longboard

j o e i n c

are u bipolar or something

fyi i don't know anything

Go Up