June 27, 2024, 10:26:52 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I am incredible.

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 23, 2007, 12:59:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

So, I still use an old original-style DS because I'm too cheap to buy a Lite yet. Yesterday, the D-Pad just stopped working for some reason, and the only way to fix it was to open it up, since my warranty expired months ago. So I did that (which wasn't easy, because the DS uses very strange types of screws) and locate the problem by going under all of the circuit boards and touch screen. The back of the D-Pad is filled with dust for some reason. I clean it up and put it back into the DS. Then I put the whole thing back together and turn it on. Nice! I didn't destroy it AND the D-Pad works!

Then I went to play a game and I tapped the touch screen. Uh-oh. Nothing happened. I try again, nothing. I restart the DS and try again, nothing. I was devastated. I had fixed the D-Pad, but now the touch screen didn't work. I decided to open it up again, hoping to find the problem, which would be an incredibly difficult task, since I know nothing about electronics. Here's what I had to work with:

After hours of messing around with it, I almost decided to give up, when I looked at the touch screen and noticed something: One of the wires connected to the screen wasn't connected to anything else. Holy crap, I found the problem. But there was another problem, too: The place where it needed to be connected was under a wide brown cord-thing:

It wasn't going to be easy to put the wire back in. But I was able to do it anyway, after about an hour of wondering how I was gonna get it under there. It turns out that all I really needed to use was my hands, but while putting it back, I ended up breaking a small piece of plastic. I really hoped that wasn't anything important, but since it was connected to that wide brown wire, I though I had ruined the touch screen totally. I was pretty scared. I put the wire back in and put the DS back together. I turned it on, expecting the worst...but it worked. Holy crap, I'm awesome. :)
The touch screen and buttons all work fine now, and the only noticable side-effect of that little operation is that, after turning the DS off, the image stays on the screen for about thirty seconds. But that's really nothing to worry about. I FIXED MY DS! china;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Kalahari Inkantation

demonprince

u shuld trade ure DS in for a DS lite.

MARIOMANIAC21

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Kefka on June 23, 2007, 01:18:47 PM
u shuld trade ure DS in for a DS lite.

I'm not gonna trade it in, but I WILL buy a DS Lite soon.

Kalahari Inkantation

6M69I69B9

Hmm... Well I have a DS Phat that has a broken screen at the top... It kinda works. Maybe I shoud six it, but i don't know where to start with it. gonk;

It looks all normal but when you turn it on, it's to bright then if you wait a while. It's kind of get normal for a short time, maybe about 5 minutes. But the best part is when half of the screen has opposite colors while the other screen has the normal colors.

Oh, and nice job.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Go Up