April 23, 2024, 04:41:22 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Junk food/caffine withdrawls?

Started by Josh, February 13, 2009, 06:45:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Josh

I don't know if this is the appropriate board to post this, but I couldn't find any place better suited for a serious question. So, here we go.

I've been dieting and exercising for the past two weeks. I have more drive, more energy, more motivation, I'm happier, etc. I lost five pounds in one week and two pounds the next. I'm not fat or out of shape, but I do eat a lot of junk. Thing is, I've recently been feeling tired, I'm zoning in and out, it's hard to explain.

Is this the result of cutting out junk food from my diet? I only have desert a few times a week, and it's small. other than that I eat only three squares and only drink water, tea, and diet sodas. I'm currently working on getting off of soda in general. I was out with some mates tonight and decided screw it, it's been two weeks I want a mountain dew. Shortly after I got a massive headache. Am I kicking back caffine and junk now? I dunno. Anything?

Please help me, and I shall soon resume my silly and non-serious antics.

j o e i n c

stop the diet soda

yeah it might have to do with the diet

Houdini

Diet soda is just as bad as normal soda in its own way. Kick it and you'll be fine.

superclucky

pssst...cut out the diet soda.

Also whenever I drink normal drinks like Snapple my mouth starts to burn. ;_;
kewns are smelly

russell

You could just be really sensitive to caffeine, or something, since Mountain Dew hardly even has any caffeine... I believe it has 50-55mg per 12oz can -- for comparison, a nicely sized coffee with an espresso shot or two has anywhere from 300-500.

Be sure you're not starving yourself of certain vitamins in the course of your diet, that could be the problem... drink flavored carbonated water (without artificial additives) instead of pop, it tastes just as good (and usually better) and obviously has no negative effects on your health.

:atomsk:

I stopped drinking sodas and i havn't had McDonalds in 4 months. I don't eat candy anymore either... or chips and junk like that. I love salads!!

thezerofire

I haven't had a soda in about two weeks, so far nothing.

Daddy

Quote from: thezerofire on March 10, 2009, 09:15:38 AM
I haven't had a soda in about two weeks, so far nothing.
I hardly, if ever drink soda.

How ever, if I can get my hands on this I might start.  :3

thezerofire

Quote from: Raekewn on March 10, 2009, 09:27:43 AM

I don't know. That Coke Blaq was nasty. Maybe Pepsi will do it better.

Daddy

Quote from: thezerofire on March 10, 2009, 09:30:13 AM
I don't know. That Coke Blaq was nasty. Maybe Pepsi will do it better.
Wasn't Coke Blaq like coffee flavored? akudood;

That Pepsi is just like actual flavors and real sugar instead of artificial flavors and HFCS. hocuspocus;

thezerofire

Quote from: Raekewn on March 10, 2009, 09:33:39 AM
Wasn't Coke Blaq like coffee flavored? akudood;

That Pepsi is just like actual flavors and real sugar instead of artificial flavors and HFCS. hocuspocus;

I guess. It just didn't taste good. I should go get some of this pepsi coffee stuff.

Veal

Coke Black was Coke and Coffee. I loved it, but 99% of the population didn't.

Daddy

Quote from: thezerofire on March 10, 2009, 09:34:52 AM
I guess. It just didn't taste good. I should go get some of this pepsi coffee stuff.
Its not fucking coffee.  akudood;

superclucky

Quote from: wziard on February 16, 2009, 12:01:14 PM
You could just be really sensitive to caffeine, or something, since Mountain Dew hardly even has any caffeine... I believe it has 50-55mg per 12oz can -- for comparison, a nicely sized coffee with an espresso shot or two has anywhere from 300-500.

Be sure you're not starving yourself of certain vitamins in the course of your diet, that could be the problem... drink flavored carbonated water (without artificial additives) instead of pop, it tastes just as good (and usually better) and obviously has no negative effects on your health.
i never saw flavored carbonated water before, just regular flavored water (it dries out my mouth and throat for some reason :()
Quote from: :atomsk: on March 04, 2009, 03:35:24 PM
I stopped drinking sodas and i havn't had McDonalds in 4 months. I don't eat candy anymore either... or chips and junk like that. I love salads!!
I used to love chewing gum but one day I suddenly stopped (About two weeks ago or something). But.............................even I don't like salads, and I don't even eat junk food. <3 Though I do love eating celery and broccoli and lettuce. :3
Quote from: Raekewn on March 10, 2009, 09:27:43 AM

yes because ~30 grams of sugar cane is still healthy :|
kewns are smelly

Daddy

Quote from: Probably Felt on March 10, 2009, 12:09:37 PMyes because ~30 grams of sugar cane is still healthy :|
Compared to high fructose corn syrup, yes.

Go Up