September 25, 2024, 10:24:49 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

what the hell are you guys gonna do with your lives

Started by Feynman, February 07, 2009, 03:20:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

i honestly have no idea

I love law, I love science, hopefully I'll get a career in one of the two fields. maybe a lawyer or something
i just want a job that i can actually enjoy
But for now I'll just continue school and see where that leads. scarecrowdood;

Veal

Samus Aran

Quote from: Slim on February 07, 2009, 05:56:14 PM
Are you actually good?

Supposedly. I don't think I'm a very good critic of my own work, so I can't say for sure. I can at least take pride in a few pieces I've done that other people have liked as well.

But you know, even if I'm not good, I don't think I'll ever really stop doing it. It's quite enjoyable.

Feynman

Veal

Veal

oh yeah, do you have scholarships and a bed made out of diamond-encrusted gold to pay for all of that?

Feynman

Quote from: Veal on February 07, 2009, 06:02:08 PM
oh yeah, do you have scholarships and a bed made out of diamond-encrusted gold to pay for all of that?

um student loans and a dad who is also a doctor and my uncle's a doctor, and my cousin's studying premedicine so he's also becoming a doctor

russell

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 07, 2009, 04:06:07 PM
i didn't think anyone here was pitiful enough to actually waste their life going to that shit, but you just proved me wrong

I wouldn't say art school does anything in particular for artistic vision since it's not something you can teach or learn, but as far as technical skills go it's just as useful (if not more) than a major in say psychology or any number of other relatively useless things... if, of course, your interests are art, which is not a bad thing.

russell

Quote from: Kaz on February 07, 2009, 05:58:59 PM
Supposedly. I don't think I'm a very good critic of my own work, so I can't say for sure. I can at least take pride in a few pieces I've done that other people have liked as well.

But you know, even if I'm not good, I don't think I'll ever really stop doing it. It's quite enjoyable.

exactly how I feel about mediums I've done work in

Veal

Quote from: Bassir on February 07, 2009, 06:03:52 PM
um student loans and a dad who is also a doctor and my uncle's a doctor, and my cousin's studying premedicine so he's also becoming a doctor

loans is not money. and wow with all those doctor friends you don't even need to go to college.

Quote from: orlovsky on February 07, 2009, 06:04:25 PM
I wouldn't say art school does anything in particular for artistic vision since it's not something you can teach or learn, but as far as technical skills go it's just as useful (if not more) than a major in say psychology or any number of other relatively useless things... if, of course, your interests are art, which is not a bad thing.

also art school = connections, internships, job placement, etc. and there is plenty you can learn technically. the difference between freshman and even sophomore students' quality of work is vast and by senior year (at the latest) they're ready for the real world. and the number of success stories is... up there. it's like 95% of seniors had jobs when they graduated. and some of our graduates went on to teach, head huge corporations art departments, etc. it's not like they all become starving artists, especially not graphic designers. although bassir and lawlz are just trying to get a rouse out of me and slim is trying to arouse me so i don't know why i'm explaining this all for them.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Veal on February 07, 2009, 05:57:52 PM
CSI?
meh
somebody suggested being a forensic scientist a few days ago, but i don't think it's for me
I'm interested in both law and science, but I'm not sure I'd want them both combined that way. befuddlement

Veal

you should track down carmen sandiego.

i mean where in the world is she?

Slim

Quote from: Veal on February 07, 2009, 06:09:57 PM... slim is trying to arouse me ...

Finally you understand.

I don't care what you do, as long as you follow your heart. <3
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

russell

Quote from: Veal on February 07, 2009, 06:09:57 PM
also art school = connections, internships, job placement, etc. and there is plenty you can learn technically. the difference between freshman and even sophomore students' quality of work is vast and by senior year (at the latest) they're ready for the real world. and the number of success stories is... up there. it's like 95% of seniors had jobs when they graduated. and some of our graduates went on to teach, head huge corporations art departments, etc. it's not like they all become starving artists, especially not graphic designers. although bassir and lawlz are just trying to get a rouse out of me and slim is trying to arouse me so i don't know why i'm explaining this all for them.

yes, all true. I'd go to an art school if there was a larger one than MCAD here and wasn't lazy and wasn't most likely going to the U of Mn, although I'll probably still major in art there, or English

rdl

Go Up