April 24, 2024, 04:22:05 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Medical conditions?

Started by Travis, February 07, 2009, 09:31:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Travis

Do you have any potentially major medical conditions or problems?

I used to have a heart defect, my heart would occasionally beat 250+ bpm if i got too tired from running around or whatever. I had a laser surgery to correct it, but it occasionally flutters and it's kind of weird.

ncba93ivyase

My heart flutters for about 3 seconds every few months, but I don't think it's anything serious.

My family has a long history of cancer, drug/alcohol addiction, strokes, and heart attacks, so I really need to take care of myself. Most of my family members died before even reaching 60, but overall I think I'm doing pretty well so far. Also, my father might be developing some sort of crazy mental disorder, and pretty much everyone in his family is insane.

So I have a big risk of getting screwed up later in life, but for now, I'm the healthiest of us all.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Selkie

I had a heart murmur when I was a baby, where my heart didn't beat with a tempo, just kinda sporadically.

It's okay now, my heart rate when I'm in bed is like 60, but I noticed it doesn't take much to get my heart rate up.

rdl

Quote from: Nuclei on February 07, 2009, 09:31:37 AM
I used to have a heart defect, my heart would occasionally beat 250+ bpm if i got too tired from running around or whatever. I had a laser surgery to correct it, but it occasionally flutters and it's kind of weird.
I remember in Middle School my bpm after running was always ~200 - 300 bpm, and I'd tell the teacher that, and she'd be like "WHAAAAAT" and take off 100.
I never knew that was a problem saddood;

Anyways, my family has a history of cancer, though I don't have it. Or at least not yet. And PTSD is major, right? I guess that counts too. Also I was born as one of those babies who come out dead, but then randomly come back to life.

Physically I'm in pretty good shape. I mean, I have scoliosis, but who really cares about that?

j o e i n c

my family has a history of living until they're very very old

suck it, inferiors

Alan

Socks

I had a severe liver infection in my childhood, other than that I'm fine.

Go Up