September 28, 2024, 03:23:47 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Outsider refugee thread.

Started by Daddy, January 13, 2009, 05:38:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

rdl

Quote from: Ethereal on January 24, 2009, 06:50:59 PM
your point being?
"we would be so vulnerable, that we will probably choose someone terrible as our leader like last time"

so obviously we wouldn't have an election.we would pick someone like rae who most definitely would never go batshit crazy to be root admin, and she can assign guff and caps to do all of the tech work, and yeah.

really man it wasn't that hard to see what i was getting at

btw who are you (ootsid-wise)

[REDACTED]

I do not have HIV/AIDS.

rdl

[REDACTED]

I do not have HIV/AIDS.

rdl

oh you're the fag

...well, i guess i better get going saddood;

[REDACTED]

Quote from: RDX on January 24, 2009, 07:02:26 PM
im sorry sir, but you're going to have to be more clear for me to understand you
I believe I have identified myself quite clearly.
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

rdl

Yeah don't worry I got it

(why the hell are there no smiley doods. there are :3 doods and ;D doods, but no smiling ones. are you guys all emo or something?)

[REDACTED]

I do not have HIV/AIDS.

rdl

Nyerp

Slim

Quote from: RDX on January 24, 2009, 06:50:27 PM
Fido was only chosen because we democratically elected him through some poll back when Karel left doodthing;

What? If there was a poll like that, it was definitely a non-serious one. He's the head admin by default due to his money.

The real root of his power was when we allowed him to pay for the new site in the first place. He was just some relatively unknown guy on the Invisionfree board who had barely posted on NSider. When we were discussing a potential upgrade to simple machines, he said something to the effect of "hey i could pay for it" and then everyone was like "lol okay sounds good" and that was it--instant power. The rest is history.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Phydeaux

Quote from: Slim on January 24, 2009, 10:37:33 PM
What? If there was a poll like that, it was definitely a non-serious one. He's the head admin by default due to his money.

The real root of his power was when we allowed him to pay for the new site in the first place. He was just some relatively unknown guy on the Invisionfree board who had barely posted on NSider. When we were discussing a potential upgrade to simple machines, he said something to the effect of "hey i could pay for it" and then everyone was like "lol okay sounds good" and that was it--instant power. The rest is history.
yeah... I think you've proven it pretty well that you've only ran back to outsider recently to play white knight. You were gone for long periods of time. What rdx speaks of was true. There WAS a thread when Karel renounced his position and left.

What's funny is that you're talking about me now like I'm a guy that popped out of nowhere. It's 2009, Slim, we're talking 3 years between early outsider and now. I'd been involved in that process and stepped up to take care of business; something you showed no interest in doing.

You miss key things to tell a wrong story in your favor. This shit didn't happen overnight. Only a moron would think so.

You might as well blame Felt if you want to go that direction. He's the guy, the only guy, that recommended you to validate me.

Slim

Quote from: Phydeaux on January 24, 2009, 10:49:47 PM
yeah... I think you've proven it pretty well that you've only ran back to outsider recently to play white knight. You were gone for long periods of time. What rdx speaks of was true. There WAS a thread when Karel renounced his position and left.

What's funny is that you're talking about me now like I'm a guy that popped out of nowhere. It's 2009, Slim, we're talking 3 years between early outsider and now. I'd been involved in that process and stepped up to take care of business; something you showed no interest in doing.

You miss key things to tell a wrong story in your favor. This shit didn't happen overnight. Only a moron would think so.

You might as well blame Felt if you want to go that direction. He's the guy, the only guy, that recommended you to validate me.

I came back to Outsider recently to post, like I've always done. I never left, actually: my activity has always been erratic. In fact, I was barely active at all throughout 2008 (just check my post tracker if you... oh wait, nevermind). There doesn't have to be an ulterior motive for me to start posting again; it's just something I do from time to time.

As far as I'm concerned, you did pop out of nowhere. I'm still getting used to the idea of you being an admin at all. This stuff takes time for me. You became even more illegitimate in my eyes when you demoted (and in some cases, deleted) staff members who had been there since the beginning.
Regardless, the point still stands: people aren't going to suddenly become grateful for you paying for the site, especially when you try to force it out of them, so the best course of action is to either let someone else pay for it or close it down.

And yeah, you're right: maybe Felt does deserve some of the blame. I had completely forgotten about that.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

rdl

Fido, my post was meant to be ironic because we democratically elected you through a poll because you were the quiet guy who didn't joke too much. And then now you turn on us and decide to start deleting all of us at whim which makes Outsider now some shitty monarchy.

Slim probably has a better memory than mine, to be honest. My mind went mostly blank on me from 2007 to 2008 and only recently have I started to remember smaller things that I had forgotten. Outsider's history I know very little of, because it's not important enough for me to go digging around in my mind for memories of significant events. I just remember some things here and there.

For the record I've been around since IF Outsider.

[REDACTED]

Quote from: Slim on January 24, 2009, 11:18:48 PM

And yeah, you're right: maybe Felt does deserve some of the blame. I had completely forgotten about that.
BLAME THE FAG FOR EVERYTHING.
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

Go Up