To Kill A Mockingbird, writing an essay...can anybody help me?

Started by 6M69I69B9, January 12, 2009, 12:14:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

If anybody will be willing to help, I'll post my essay. It's about:

(Analysis Question)

"Jem says, "Scout, I think I'm beginning to understand something. I think I'm beginning to understand why Boo Radley's stayed shut up in the house all this time...it's because he wants to stay inside" (227). Analyze the factors that led Jem to this connection."

I know that this isn't a forum for homework or shit like that, but can anybody help me? Just revise it?
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Daddy

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Arm Leg Leg Arm Head on January 12, 2009, 12:17:14 PM
Yeah, I'll try to give some revisions when you post it.  wariodood;
fuck yeah

Anyway, here it is. (Only the introduction and one of the body paragraphs.)

As the world's sense of a first class human, determined by "who is one"? Or, is it the differences that serparate them? In the book 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' by Harper Lee, Boo Radley's absence has Jem curious about why he stays inside. Before he questions his absence, he talks about why can't everybody be together. People being looked by their differences which is the main reason why there are unfair advantages, like Tom Robinson in a white man's court. The way how Jem came to these realizations, he was also led to the possible fact that maybe Boo Radley stays inside, is becuase he wants to. These realizations were; because of people's differences that make other despise each other, people are born with unreliable people for information and opinions, and that Boo Radley wants to keep his innocence.
     People's differences lead to people's despising on each other. Atticus once replied to Jem whilst in a discussion of right and wrong, "In our courts, when it's a white man's word against a black man's, the white always wins. They're ugly, but these are the facts of life." (220) When Jem started growing up, Calpurnia affected his life mother-likely and by being black, she had conversations that made Jem confused when he compared Maycomb's negative reactions to other races, to him actually having a relationship with a another race. Atticus also treated Calpurnia respectfully. With all of this contradicting in his mind about why can't people just be together. But, the majority will always win if they're not willing to change. Now, Jem concludes why he think Boo Radley wants to stay inside because he thinks the majority will always win, and that they aren't willing to change.

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

6M69I69B9

OH SHIT MAN, OH HIT.

SHE'S COMING.

HURRY.

i didn't have enough time to type the other 3

6M69I69B9

Lozal

Quote from: Original_MIB on January 12, 2009, 12:36:24 PM
fuck yeah

Anyway, here it is. (Only the introduction and one of the body paragraphs.)

As the world's sense of a first class human, determined by "who is one"? Or, is it the differences that serparate them? In the book 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' by Harper Lee, Boo Radley's absence has Jem curious about why he stays inside. Before he questions his absence, he talks about why can't everybody be together. People being looked by their differences which is the main reason why there are unfair advantages, like Tom Robinson in a white man's court. The way how Jem came to these realizations, he was also led to the possible fact that maybe Boo Radley stays inside, is becuase he wants to. These realizations were; because of people's differences that make other despise each other, people are born with unreliable people for information and opinions, and that Boo Radley wants to keep his innocence.
     People's differences lead to people's despising on each other. Atticus once replied to Jem whilst in a discussion of right and wrong, "In our courts, when it's a white man's word against a black man's, the white always wins. They're ugly, but these are the facts of life." (220) When Jem started growing up, Calpurnia affected his life mother-likely and by being black, she had conversations that made Jem confused when he compared Maycomb's negative reactions to other races, to him actually having a relationship with a another race. Atticus also treated Calpurnia respectfully. With all of this contradicting in his mind about why can't people just be together. But, the majority will always win if they're not willing to change. Now, Jem concludes why he think Boo Radley wants to stay inside because he thinks the majority will always win, and that they aren't willing to change.

I didn't read the whole thing but "Mockingbird" is one word. You don't need to put the title of the books in quotes, only underlined.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Daddy

QuoteIs the world's sense of a first class human, determined by "who is one"? Or, is it the differences that separate them?

Fixed some typos. I'm not sure what the sentence is trying to say though.

The book's title should be underlined or italicized.

QuoteBoo Radley's absence has Jem curious about why he stays inside. Before he questions his absence, he talks about why can't everybody be together.

That's a question, so I'd either try say he questions "why can't everybody be together", change it to "why everybody can't be together", or something of the like.
QuoteWhen Jem started growing up, Calpurnia affected his life mother-likely and by being black, she had conversations that made Jem confused when he compared Maycomb's negative reactions to other races, to him actually having a relationship with a another race.
First, that is a bit odd.
"While Jem was growing up Calpurnia demonstrated a mother-like effect on him." I'd also revise the "and by being black, [that comma is also a bit odd] she had conversations that made Jem confused..."

Selkie

it seems like you sort of forgot to relate the basis of the essay back to the quote, and instead created a whole new theme about the book.

Just try to connect it better.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Selkie224 on January 12, 2009, 03:15:03 PM
it seems like you sort of forgot to relate the basis of the essay back to the quote, and instead created a whole new theme about the book.

Just try to connect it better.
Oh God, thanks for reminding me, I wasn't meaning to connect it before, lol I just forgot. Thanks to JMV290, too.

Go Up