April 23, 2024, 06:06:15 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Windows 7?

Started by Cookie, January 10, 2009, 07:38:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cookie

I'm considering downloading the beta and trying it out. Anyone else here tried it? Or have any comments about it?

Hiro

Haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty nice to me, a definite improvement over Vista...

ME##

It looks nice, I'm thinking of installing it sometime tomorrow.

Hiro

Quote from: Parrot Pancake on January 10, 2009, 08:38:12 PM
It looks nice, I'm thinking of installing it sometime tomorrow.

Hippopo

They're making a new OS already?  It seems like vista was just released yesterday.  O_0

Hiro

Quote from: Dr. Otamus on January 10, 2009, 09:26:38 PM
They're making a new OS already?  It seems like vista was just released yesterday.  O_0
It's been 2 years actually...
and plus vista is really unpopular right now

Lotos

I have the .ISO and two keys.  I'm just wondering if I can install it on the same system as Vista without one fucking the other up (moreso because I don't have a working XP and I don't want Vista ruining my Windows 7 Beta experience).

ME##

Quote from: Lotos on January 10, 2009, 10:38:52 PM
I have the .ISO and two keys.  I'm just wondering if I can install it on the same system as Vista without one fucking the other up (moreso because I don't have a working XP and I don't want Vista ruining my Windows 7 Beta experience).

When I was going to install it, it told me something along the line that it'll recognise your older files and stuff from your existing version of Windows but you wouldn't be able to use it, but then again, it wouldn't let me create a new partition on my HDD or format the other two either.

mario583

Quote from: Panama Pancake on January 10, 2009, 10:19:56 PM
and plus vista is really unpopular right now

Vista is the new Windows ME/2000?  O_0

mario583

Quote from: Parrot Pancake on January 10, 2009, 10:46:51 PM
When I was going to install it, it told me something along the line that it'll recognise your older files and stuff from your existing version of Windows but you wouldn't be able to use it, but then again, it wouldn't let me create a new partition on my HDD or format the other two either.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
:(
Also, what's the point of it recognizing your old files IF you won't be able to fucking use them huhdoodame;  It's like saying, "I'm a new computer, let's start out fresh"

Daddy

I need some blank DVDs.

ME##

Quote from: mario583 on January 11, 2009, 01:51:43 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
:(
Also, what's the point of it recognizing your old files IF you won't be able to fucking use them huhdoodame;  It's like saying, "I'm a new computer, let's start out fresh"

No, it said you wouldn't be able to use them not the system itself, but maybe that's because I didn't download it from Microsoft. n_u

Quote from: Arm Leg Leg Arm Head on January 11, 2009, 01:56:10 PM
I need some blank DVDs.

i think i have some around

russell

I tried it over the weekend on my old PC. I actually didn't immediately despise it like I did Vista, although I don't really see the reasoning behind any of the GUI changes. It seemed fairly decent overall (still would never use it regularly) and is definitely what Vista should have been.

mikemmcmeans

how does i acquire such an os
cjlubdoods;
i'll rip your skin off bitch

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up