June 27, 2024, 10:13:47 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

limewire

Started by l a c e y , December 26, 2008, 08:40:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Red Lightning on December 27, 2008, 08:43:39 AM
wtf where is kashmir on that list?

It's on the "massively overrated for seemingly no good reason and too goddamn long for its own good" list. It's great, of course, but it's not on my favorites list.

just1more

Quote from: Kaz on December 27, 2008, 09:02:47 AM
It's on the "massively overrated for seemingly no good reason and too goddamn long for its own good" list. It's great, of course, but it's not on my favorites list.

oh so what. it's two standard song lengths long. What's your point?  madood;

I'd take 30 minutes out of my day to listen to Echoes, why wouldn't I take a mere 8 minutes to listen to Kashmir?

Det in F♯ Major

December 27, 2008, 09:16:02 AM #347 Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 09:35:19 AM by Νεάπολις
Quote from: shiny object on December 26, 2008, 10:39:49 PM
Toccata and Fugue in D minor

YOU ARE A GENIUS

Quote from: l a c e y on December 26, 2008, 11:52:50 PM
musicians are hot.

Most intelligent thing this kid's ever said. ;)
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

just1more

You guys have renewed my interest in Muse.  doodella;

Ezloﺕ

holy shit 24 pages

oh and im a bit late but

did i win
:)

just1more

Quote from: â,,†Ezloâ,,† on December 27, 2008, 10:15:26 AM
holy shit 24 pages

oh and im a bit late but

did i win

in downloading? yes. in everything else? no.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Red Lightning on December 27, 2008, 09:04:44 AM
oh so what. it's two standard song lengths long. What's your point?  madood;

I'd take 30 minutes out of my day to listen to Echoes, why wouldn't I take a mere 8 minutes to listen to Kashmir?

Echoes is 22 minutes, you tool. You think I don't know what I'm talking about?

Echoes and Kashmir both contain the same problem: lack of variety. What makes Pink Floyd normally so fucking amazing at prog rock is that they contain an atmosphere and stylistics usually unheard of: Echoes is none of this. Whale singing halfway through, sure, but after a while you realize that their shorter material is somehow better. If you want long-ass Pink Floyd songs that actually manage to keep a decent mood going without getting stale, check out the Animals album.

Kashmir's length is only a problem because it doesn't manage to carry out its "oomph" in that whole 8 minutes. Maybe about 5, if that. It's a damn cool song until you realize that the "mystic lyricism" is just the same kind of thing you've heard out of Zepp before, except not as good (try "No Quarter" for better of the same, and obviously Stairway), and where the hell is the amazing Page in all this? Grinding out a kickass riff to be sure, but nothing else.

By the way, probably the most annoying thing about "Kashmir" is the fact that it inspired Page & Plant to basically do "Kashmir" over again a whole bunch of times under different guises on their duo albums.

Samus Aran

correction on my own part: Echoes is 23 minutes, not 22

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on December 27, 2008, 11:02:49 AM
correction on my own part: Echoes is 23 minutes, not 22

breaking news: moderator's edit button gone missing

more at 6

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on December 27, 2008, 11:05:07 AM
breaking news: moderator's edit button gone missing

more at 6

i felt like acknowledging my own mistake instead of trying to hide it

the other reason is that we need more posts ;)

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on December 27, 2008, 11:06:02 AM
i felt like acknowledging my own mistake instead of trying to hide it

the other reason is that we need more posts ;)
you could've just appended something to the bottom of your other post you spammert ;)

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on December 27, 2008, 11:08:03 AM
you could've just appended something to the bottom of your other post you spammert ;)

i like spammering ;)

guff

Samus Aran

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on December 27, 2008, 11:08:45 AM
i like spammering ;)
it's spammeteering ;)
Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 27, 2008, 11:10:55 AM
led zeppelin sucks ;)
i find most of their work to be boring ;)

if i ever become a kindergarten teacher and my school has naptime, led zeppelin will be played everyday ;)

Go Up