June 23, 2024, 11:38:46 AM

1,531,270 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

limewire

Started by l a c e y , December 26, 2008, 08:40:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

You should probably take a break from the interwebs and read some books to learn yourself real good

Samus Aran

Quote from: l a c e y on December 27, 2008, 04:06:43 PM
what is a birate.

Just go look it up and save me the agony.

l a c e y

Quote from: Ralphie on December 27, 2008, 04:08:07 PM
You should probably take a break from the interwebs and read some books to learn yourself real good

i do read books.
i'm reading one right now that is about a boy who gets bullied a lot and then some jock guys take dirty pictures of him then he kills some kid.

Hiro

l a c e y

Daddy

ok being mean to lacey isn't gonna help her learn

A bitrate is how many bits per second the song plays at (a higher bitrate is better quality).  Try not to go under 128kbps, though even that isn't spectacular.

A torrent is a file that you open and it contains stuff.
For example
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4275916/Porcupine_Tree_-_2007_-_Fear_Of_A_Blank_Planet_(FLAC_CUE)
That is a download for an album by Porcupine Tree.  When you downloadi t you will get a file named
"Porcupine_Tree_-_2007_-_Fear_Of_A_Blank_Planet_(FLAC_CUE).4275916.TPB.torrent" which you open in your torrent client and all of the songs in the file will download.
I find it much faster, easier, and neater than using Frostwire and such.

Samus Aran

Quote from: l a c e y on December 27, 2008, 04:11:52 PM
why are you loling

Because that's a ridiculous and terribly vague description of a book.

Quote from: Frutta Procione on December 27, 2008, 04:13:07 PM
ok being mean to lacey isn't gonna help her learn

Right, but she can also educate herself by looking these things up, like I suggested.

Daddy

That specific link I provided probabably wasn't the best example since all the songs are a single FLAC

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4223791/Porcupine_Tree_-_Fear_of_a_Blank_Planet_[2007]

That has them separately as a 320kbps(really good quality) MP3. With a good client you are able to pick and choose which songs to download.

murr: that one has no seeders, which is something you need to watch for on torrents.

l a c e y

Quote from: Kaz on December 27, 2008, 04:13:57 PM
Because that's a ridiculous and terribly vague description of a book.

Right, but she can also educate herself by looking these things up, like I suggested.

well i haven't read the whole book yet.
and i tried looking it up and i didn't get anything close to what JMV said.
and thank you JMV.
i didn't know that it had anything to do with the kbps or whatever it's called.

just1more

Quote from: Kaz on December 27, 2008, 11:01:57 AM
Echoes is 22 minutes, you tool. You think I don't know what I'm talking about?

Echoes and Kashmir both contain the same problem: lack of variety. What makes Pink Floyd normally so fucking amazing at prog rock is that they contain an atmosphere and stylistics usually unheard of: Echoes is none of this. Whale singing halfway through, sure, but after a while you realize that their shorter material is somehow better. If you want long-ass Pink Floyd songs that actually manage to keep a decent mood going without getting stale, check out the Animals album.

Kashmir's length is only a problem because it doesn't manage to carry out its "oomph" in that whole 8 minutes. Maybe about 5, if that. It's a damn cool song until you realize that the "mystic lyricism" is just the same kind of thing you've heard out of Zepp before, except not as good (try "No Quarter" for better of the same, and obviously Stairway), and where the hell is the amazing Page in all this? Grinding out a kickass riff to be sure, but nothing else.

By the way, probably the most annoying thing about "Kashmir" is the fact that it inspired Page & Plant to basically do "Kashmir" over again a whole bunch of times under different guises on their duo albums.

First of all, "30 minutes" was an exaggeration. I knew it was 23 minutes. And I suspected that you would rip into me about that. Oh well.

Also, two other really long Pink Floyd songs that I really like are "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" and "Wish You Were Here" which are both over 20 minutes long. I usually listen to that and the entire Division Bell album when ever I'm doing homework.

strongbad

This is my favorite thread

Samus Aran

Quote from: Red Lightning on December 27, 2008, 05:04:31 PM
First of all, "30 minutes" was an exaggeration. I knew it was 23 minutes. And I suspected that you would rip into me about that. Oh well.

Also, two other really long Pink Floyd songs that I really like are "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" and "Wish You Were Here" which are both over 20 minutes long. I usually listen to that and the entire Division Bell album when ever I'm doing homework.

The Division Bell album is mediocre at best.

And yeah "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is almost 30 minutes long if you combine the two tracks that make it up, but I don't know why you would do that. They're at the start and finish of the Wish You Were Here album.

...and "Wish You Were Here" is 5 and a half minutes. What the hell are you talking about?

just1more

Quote from: Kaz on December 27, 2008, 05:12:07 PM
The Division Bell album is mediocre at best.

And yeah "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is almost 30 minutes long if you combine the two tracks that make it up, but I don't know why you would do that. They're at the start and finish of the Wish You Were Here album.

...and "Wish You Were Here" is 5 and a half minutes. What the hell are you talking about?

You have a different version of the album. I have the original. spam;

The original has only two songs on it: "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (21:03) and "Wish You Were Here" (23:10). The final version of the album has songs that were previously portions of the originals.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Red Lightning on December 27, 2008, 05:15:03 PM
You have a different version of the album. I have the original. spam;

The original has only two songs on it: "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (21:03) and "Wish You Were Here" (23:10). The final version of the album has songs that were previously portions of the originals.

I've never heard of this "original release" at all before. If it's real, enjoy your shittier version.

just1more

Quote from: Kaz on December 27, 2008, 05:19:37 PM
I've never heard of this "original release" at all before. If it's real, enjoy your shittier version.

I like it being long. It all flows together.

Plus I have the short version of "Wish You Were Here", too. So it's all good.  doodella;

Go Up