April 27, 2024, 09:55:13 PM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Legalize Cannabis?

Started by heltar, December 25, 2008, 10:00:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: lacette on April 23, 2009, 09:51:32 AM
you're a weirdo.
there should be no fines or jail time for having it.
and i don't know what "good' weed has to do with anything cause this thread isn't about what kind of weed you can get.
ANYONE CAN GET WEED, GOOD OR BAD.
THE POINT IS WE WANT IT LEAGALIZED SO WE ARE FREE TO USE AND POSSESS IT.
jesus fucking christ retard.

I dont think you're getting what I'm saying.

Weed wont be legalized.
So, instead of jailing people who possess, just fine them instead.

Again, no jail time, just a fine.

And really, as long as you're even remotely careful where you light up, you have nothing to worry about. Unless you're thinking about walking down main street whilst toking.

Jesus Fucking Christ Retard.

l a c e y

well fines are just as bad as jail time.
plus it goes on your record regardless.
so it being legalized would be much better.
they are never going to stop the use.
if anything they are making it worse.
i could actually see canada legalizing it.

Kalahari Inkantation

yes yes yes
There are much more dangerous substances out there that an adult can legally consume for nothing more than pleasure. And I can't imagine how much tax money has been wasted on keeping marijuana users in prison who did nothing more than smoke, and to continue this "War on Drugs", which is virtually useless and only makes cannabis much more valuable. akudood;

and then there's the fact that it actually has some medical and even industrial uses
i fully support its legalization

However, this doesn't mean I'd ever go near the substance unless it was in the form of paper or fuel. spam;

Daddy

what if you had cancer would you do pot then

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Ã,µÎ© on April 23, 2009, 12:19:15 PM
what if you had cancer would you do pot then
only if i had no other options saddood;

Slim

Quote from: Corporal Clegg on April 23, 2009, 10:23:38 AMWeed wont be legalized.

Sure it will. Eventually.

QuoteSo, instead of jailing people who possess, just fine them instead.

My state, Massachusetts, is already doing this. The only penalty for marijuana possession is a $100 fine. As more states start to decriminalize it, the next step is going to complete legalization (which could be a long way off, I admit).

Quote from: lacette on April 23, 2009, 10:31:04 AMwell fines are just as bad as jail time.
plus it goes on your record regardless.

Decriminalization makes it a civil matter; ergo, it doesn't go on one's criminal record.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Daddy

Quote from: Slim on April 23, 2009, 12:31:40 PM
Sure it will. Eventually.

My state, Massachusetts, is already doing this. The only penalty for marijuana possession is a $100 fine. As more states start to decriminalize it, the next step is going to complete legalization (which could be a long way off, I admit).
Because we are awesome. baddood;

Though minors are still screwed and also have to complete some class. But that's not really too bad.

QuoteDecriminalization makes it a civil matter; ergo, it doesn't go on one's criminal record.
Which reminds me of something I have to check up on.  Drug testing for employment: if it's not a criminal offense anymore would failing the drug test with weed in your system still be problematic there?

l a c e y

Quote from: Slim on April 23, 2009, 12:31:40 PM
Decriminalization makes it a civil matter; ergo, it doesn't go on one's criminal record.

it does if you get caught growing or dealing it.

Slim

Quote from: Ã,µÎ© on April 23, 2009, 12:34:40 PMWhich reminds me of something I have to check up on.  Drug testing for employment: if it's not a criminal offense anymore would failing the drug test with weed in your system still be problematic there?

I searched briefly, and this was the only thing I could find that discusses it: http://stash.norml.org/new-massachusetts-decrim-law-could-thwart-drug-testing/

Quote from: lacette on April 23, 2009, 01:18:31 PMit does if you get caught growing or dealing it.

why would you be doing that? :\
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

l a c e y

Quote from: Slim on April 23, 2009, 02:53:54 PM
why would you be doing that? :\

cause someone has to grow it.
and someone has to deal it.

j o e i n c

April 23, 2009, 07:07:14 PM #145 Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:24:50 PM by j o e i n c
Quote from: TECTRINKET on April 23, 2009, 12:23:44 PM
only if i had no other options saddood;
what is this why i dont even

eggs-plain

hotlikesauce.

It's not legal because the government can't tax it.

Cigarettes aren't illegal because the government can tax it, no matter how much they tell you how bad it is.

j o e i n c

Quote from: Kevin on April 29, 2009, 06:55:04 PM
It's not legal because the government can't tax it.

no i don't think so

btw NH just became 14th state for MMJ, MN will prolly be next

Socks

Quote from: laylay on April 23, 2009, 04:09:30 PM
cause someone has to grow it.
and someone has to deal it.

Economics of scale, free market enterprise. Makes "dealing it" irrelevant and futile, provided the shit is legalized and regulated like any other cash crop.

Go Up