April 18, 2024, 03:39:18 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Death and Dying

Started by Terran SCV, December 11, 2008, 08:25:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hippopo

January 07, 2009, 01:45:43 PM #45 Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:50:39 PM by Hippo
Quote from: Lawlz on January 07, 2009, 12:51:29 PM
But you don't know if that person actually died peacefully because no one can tell you what they did after death.

You only have the tales of those that witnessed it.
But that's after death.

There's a difference between being dead and dying.  I'm saying that death is neutral.  It's neither good nor bad.  Dying, on the other hand, could be either.  When someone dies peacefully, they're still alive.  They can tell you whether they're in pain or not.  So not all "transitions" are unpleasant.

:atomsk:

Quote from: Hippo on January 07, 2009, 01:45:43 PM
But that's after death.

There's a difference between being dead and dying.  I'm saying that death is neutral.  It's neither good nor bad.  Dying, on the other hand, could be either.  When someone dies peacefully, they're still alive.  They can tell you whether they're in pain or not.  So not all "transitions" are unpleasant.

Yes, well said.

6M69I69B9

Hmm. I don't have too much of a reason to live now, but I'm willing to live on to see if that can truly happen, if I can have a better life. Whenever I go to sleep, I just think "Will it be better, tomorrow?" instead of that of what you just stated. But there was a time and still a time where I just used to be like that and be forgotten, nobody cared for me, nobody on my side. But, as I lived on, I do seem to be happier looking at life in the future than bringing up. Last year I used to be a bit suicidal and I'd cry a lot everywhere mainly in school. When I think about the people I want to be friends with and such, I leave those moments of depression and death, into having a motivated desire to live. Rotting in the ground in a coffin or having my body cremated doesn't matter, or even dying. Because I do think that there is a loving God and an afterlife that I will dwell in, whether it's Hell, Heaven, or Purgatory. I don't do this for myself to feel as if I have existance, but the reason to just enjoy life more, and I don't think I've committed too many sins, for I can confess them for forgiveness.

I'd suggest myself to think about the future more, not about the possible fact that you may die any day. But what has everybody stated, living your life to the fullest until you die.

My post may have been 'cheesy', but what the Hell? It's what I really do think.

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

:atomsk:

Quote from: Original_MIB on January 09, 2009, 06:38:23 PM
   Hmm. I don't have too much of a reason to live now, but I'm willing to live on to see if that can truly happen, if I can have a better life. Whenever I go to sleep, I just think "Will it be better, tomorrow?" instead of that of what you just stated. But there was a time and still a time where I just used to be like that and be forgotten, nobody cared for me, nobody on my side. But, as I lived on, I do seem to be happier looking at life in the future than bringing up. Last year I used to be a bit suicidal and I'd cry a lot everywhere mainly in school. When I think about the people I want to be friends with and such, I leave those moments of depression and death, into having a motivated desire to live. Rotting in the ground in a coffin or having my body cremated doesn't matter, or even dying. Because I do think that there is a loving God and an afterlife that I will dwell in, whether it's Hell, Heaven, or Purgatory. I don't do this for myself to feel as if I have existance, but the reason to just enjoy life more, and I don't think I've committed too many sins, for I can confess them for forgiveness.

I'd suggest myself to think about the future more, not about the possible fact that you may die any day. But what has everybody stated, living your life to the fullest until you die.

My post may have been 'cheesy', but what the Hell? It's what I really do think.

That's a really great mindset. I wish more people thought like that and had  more positive attitudes. It's true, you can't waste your life crying. Thanks for sharing what's on your mind.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: :atomsk: on January 09, 2009, 09:45:07 PM
That's a really great mindset. I wish more people thought like that and had  more positive attitudes. It's true, you can't waste your life crying. Thanks for sharing what's on your mind.
You're welcome.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

l a c e y

i want to die in the most dramatic way possible, so people will remember it.

Houdini

Quote from: l a c e y on January 19, 2009, 07:54:35 AM
i want to die in the most dramatic way possible, so people will remember it.
That's what the guy who shot John Lennon thought, too.

Go Up