May 05, 2024, 08:30:18 AM

1,531,620 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Death and Dying

Started by Terran SCV, December 11, 2008, 08:25:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: YPR on December 13, 2008, 11:21:46 AM
Me and what army?No, that's why I said I'm not worried about death

I'm only worried about how it's going to happen and what kind of pain I'm going to be in.  >.<
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

l a c e y

i'm scared of dying in a car accident..

me003

Maybe we become a star.  giggle;
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Terran SCV

$~ find /home -user You
     ./base

$~ su You

$~ pidof d00dz

$~ kill 1337

Dullahan

I usually don't think about it and live everyday of my life to the fullest.

Lozal

It's a somewhat depressing topic for me. I sit in bed at night and just think. What's the point of accomplishing my hopes and dreams if no one's going to remember them? Sometimes I just think of us as a bunch of insects, but with feelings. That's essentially what we are. I don't believe in an afterlife or a God, so really, I'm just accomplishing what I want to for my own satisfaction. I know that I'm going to die, be forgotten, and rapidly decompose. It really depends on how I'm feeling; sometimes it'll really bother me and sometimes it won't.

My outlook on this is really similar to the one held by LaVeyan Satanists; I live for myself and attempt to reach happiness on Earth because there isn't an afterlife to enjoy.

Hopefully I'll die with a sense of achieving my goals.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Pancake Paraphernalia

I used to. I sometimes lie awake and think of the things I fear and then sometimes I'll get so scared I'll cry myself to sleep. But not as much anymore. I don't often think too much about it unless it comes up. I don't want to waste my time thinking of something that I know is certain. And I don't want to be buried either. I just want my body to lie above ground and undisturbed until my brain rots, then people can do whatever to it, it's not like I can feel it.
number stations

Zach

A fear of death is what has left me in a state of derealization (everything appears unreal) for the past six months, and it's terrible having to live with it. My mind doesn't want to admit that it will someday cease to exist, so it does everything in its power to keep me from believing that this world is real and that I'll one day have to face death.

Everything looks like it's fake, I'm not sure if other people or anything else really exist, it seems like I don't have a physical body, and my senses, such as smell, taste, and feel, have diminished to a point of near non-existence.

I've tried to turn to religion, but my mind doesn't like that, either. The ego is controlling the entity, and it seems like it doesn't want to admit that there might be something out there greater than itself.

Ugh.

Selkie

I don't see how anyone can focus so much on death.

In a world like this, I would think that death is the least of most people's problems...

musica.cards

Quote from: Selkie224 on January 03, 2009, 09:34:51 PM
I don't see how anyone can focus so much on death.

In a world like this, I would think that death is the least of most people's problems...

Can't think when you're dead baddood;
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

russell

I have intensely mystical and irregular ideas about death and transcendence, and I regard the possibility of dying the same as most things (being for the most part apathetic). It's fairly clear to me that consciousness and reality extends far beyond our self-enforced material bounds, and I kind of anticipate experiencing something new.

Hippopo

Quote from: Zach on January 03, 2009, 04:51:21 PM
A fear of death is what has left me in a state of derealization (everything appears unreal) for the past six months, and it's terrible having to live with it. My mind doesn't want to admit that it will someday cease to exist, so it does everything in its power to keep me from believing that this world is real and that I'll one day have to face death.

Everything looks like it's fake, I'm not sure if other people or anything else really exist, it seems like I don't have a physical body, and my senses, such as smell, taste, and feel, have diminished to a point of near non-existence.

I've tried to turn to religion, but my mind doesn't like that, either. The ego is controlling the entity, and it seems like it doesn't want to admit that there might be something out there greater than itself.

Ugh.
lol Descartes.  goowan

But seriously, read his meditations.  He felt the same way.

ANYWHO!

I'm not really afraid of dying...  Nonexistence really isn't that bad, folks.  We all went through it before our births, and I don't hear anyone complaining about how horrible it was then. :P

Slim

Quote from: Hippo on January 04, 2009, 07:25:06 PMNonexistence really isn't that bad, folks.  We all went through it before our births, and I don't hear anyone complaining about how horrible it was then. :P

The process of transitioning from existence to nonexistence seems a bit less than pleasant though--wouldn't you say?
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Hippopo

Quote from: Slim on January 05, 2009, 10:08:51 PM
The process of transitioning from existence to nonexistence seems a bit less than pleasant though--wouldn't you say?
In some cases I guess it is unpleasant.  However, it is not the same for everyone.  You hear of people "dying peacefully" all the time.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Hippo on January 07, 2009, 11:30:36 AM
In some cases I guess it is unpleasant.  However, it is not the same for everyone.  You hear of people "dying peacefully" all the time.
But you don't know if that person actually died peacefully because no one can tell you what they did after death.

You only have the tales of those that witnessed it.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up