April 16, 2024, 03:17:46 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Death and Dying

Started by Terran SCV, December 11, 2008, 08:25:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Terran SCV

Sometimes I lie awake at night. The darkness just seems to get to me, because all of a sudden I say to myself, "My life is only temporary. I'm going to be breathing and doing all the things a living being carries out until all of a sudden - bam." Everything is black. It's all quiet. I can't hear anyone. No-one can hear me. I cannot feel, think, nor can I act like an idiot; basically, everything is pitch-black.

Sometimes at night, right before I fall asleep, I wonder about how I fall asleep. Do I just close my eyes and all of a sudden my brain says, "Party time is over. Get to bed" and get me to sleep? Or is it more complex...
And then I just have to have my gifted little brain say, "is this like dying? On my deathbed, will I just slowly falter towards my everlasting sleep? One point in my life will I be able to see all around me, and then the next I can't do anything?"

Then I panic, and I have to play TF2 or watch Youtube Poop to calm myself down.

Pathetic, yes. But the human brain is an intriguing organ...
$~ find /home -user You
     ./base

$~ su You

$~ pidof d00dz

$~ kill 1337

me003

Yea that's pretty much how I see it.
Once you're dead that's it. You rot, decay and eventually get eaten by various bacteria and whatnot and then become part of the earth.
You will be remembered in your generation and that's about it, unless you're bigger than the average joe. Then time passes and no one remembers you, or your family.

So that's why not much matters to me. I could kill someone, and if they're a nobody no one will remember in a couple generations. I could be that guy who had a gay orgy and devoured shit and woke up in the hospital feeling dirty. No one will ever be more than a name, and at most a statue with a name.

So live life with no regrets, and be open to things you've never tried because it ultimately won't hurt you.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

j o e i n c

I dont try to think of those things

live life and you'll end up knowing in the end anyway

YPrrrr

I don't worry about it much

I only worry that I'd die before I accomplished some goals I have

Selkie

Honestly, I think of lots of things while in bed at night, but death rarely ever comes up.

Really, there is so much other crap to think about in life, in my life at this very moment, that it is virtually senseless to get worked up about dying. I just stay positive and assume that I will not die for a while, and before that day comes there will be many many things that are thrown my way. Those things are the things that occupy my mind. Not the end of the road, but the things on the road.

Also, I am not even positive death will be all that bad. Can anyone really know it's just eternal nothingness? For all we know it can be whatever we believe it to be. I am going to just assume that it is a distant thing and not so bad either.

superclucky

Oh Selkikens, we must be the same person. <3

Also I wouldn't really care if I died or not, except for the people that I'm going to hurt if I did anyways. (There's 6 people that would commit suicide if I died, because I'm all they have left, wth.)

I already accepted that I'll be forgotten unless I hit it big and did something, therefore I will do good things to people so they can remember me for their life until they die. After that..then I would totally be forgotten.
kewns are smelly

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Methree on December 12, 2008, 04:13:20 AM
You will be remembered in your generation and that's about it, unless you're bigger than the average joe. Then time passes and no one remembers you, or your family.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, AAAAAAAAA. :'(
I don't ever want to be forgotten. Ever. And as long as I can help it, I won't be.  baddood;

Also don't even get me started on how much I fear death. ^_________^
I have the weirdest death-related thoughts anyone can contain. So many theories.... so many... solutions... O_0
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Daddy

musica.cards

It doesn't really matter. Thoughts about death lead to the conclusion of nothingness every single time.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Selkie

Quote from: Draco Malfoy on December 12, 2008, 12:20:20 PM
SHUT THE FUCK UP, AAAAAAAAA. :'(
I don't ever want to be forgotten. Ever. And as long as I can help it, I won't be.  baddood;

Also don't even get me started on how much I fear death. ^_________^
I have the weirdest death-related thoughts anyone can contain. So many theories.... so many... solutions... O_0

What's the satisfaction in everyone remembering you?

They are eventually all going to die anyway. Time destroys everything.

Why not be a bit more humble and simply live for yourself.

strongbad

I don't really give a shit about being remembered or anything.
I just want to live my life and enjoy living it.

[REDACTED]

I think of death as the upcoming chapter. Everyone makes it out to be a negative experience, but it could be fun and grand.
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

musica.cards

Quote from: Ethereal on December 12, 2008, 10:21:02 PM
I think of death as the upcoming chapter. Everyone makes it out to be a negative experience, but it could be fun and grand.

if you die, you're dead, which means you lose your thoughts and feelings (on this earth). Dying, although possibly painful, may make you happy because you are watching your life flash before you (which may or may not be good).
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Thyme

Sooooooo... I'm the only here who believes in an afterlife of any sort? O_0

Daddy

Quote from: Thyme on December 13, 2008, 07:51:13 AM
Sooooooo... I'm the only here who believes in an afterlife of any sort? O_0
No, there's plenty of Christians,  baddood;

Go Up