April 16, 2024, 08:17:23 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by reeper, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Clucky and I are watching A Beautiful Mind.  giggle;

reeper

Titan AE - I saw last night. Had a mix between 2D animation and 3D CGI. Made for a silly mix. Hilariously awful lyrics and soundtrack but overall it was a decent teenager's sci-fi movie.

superclucky

Quote from: Angry Kewn Fruit on December 14, 2008, 04:31:26 PM
Clucky and I are watching A Beautiful Mind.  giggle;
It was one of those movies that made me tear. giggle;
kewns are smelly

thezerofire

saw Transporter 3 and The Day the Earth Stood Still. I thought both were good.

reeper

A Scanner Darkly - Such a weird movie, I think it's because of the hard to follow plot and the animation. I love the animation and some of the characters, specifically Charles Freck.

Into the Wild - Such a sad movie. Based on a true story too, I can't say it's an amazing movie, but the story is (only because it's true.) Being able to throw everything away and start a life discovering nature. The end note made my hair stand up, it showed a picture of the actual Chris. Chris was a little too sure of himself though.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: reefer on December 16, 2008, 11:39:48 PM
Into the Wild - Such a sad movie. Based on a true story too, I can't say it's an amazing movie, but the story is (only because it's true.) Being able to throw everything away and start a life discovering nature. The end note made my hair stand up, it showed a picture of the actual Chris. Chris was a little too sure of himself though.
I heard the book was way better than the movie.

End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones

Fantastic documentary on the Ramones. It really made me start to appreciate they're music. It also talked about people who were inspired by The Ramones like Kirk Hammet of Metallica and Rob Zombie.

LCK

The last movie I watched was Dog Day Afternoon, which was quite entertaining, but not amazing, to be honest.
I just finished downloading The Onion Movie, and I'm downloading the Big Lebowski as I type this. I'll be watching both sometime after school with some friends.

Lrh

Tropic Thunder. I thought it was really funny, but my friend didn't because he got confused as to what was going on.

Less recent than this though was In Bruges, which is fucking amazing/hilarious. I love that movie so much.
Lrh

reeper

Quote from: Captain Not Sid on December 17, 2008, 05:46:50 AM
I heard the book was way better than the movie.
Thats usually how it is. I doubt I'd read the book, the story is cool that he was inspired to run to nature because of awesome books like Call of the Wild and White Fang, both I read as a child and loved.

reeper

Dracula (1992) - aka Bram Stroker's Dracula - It was good, more of a love story then a horror film. Based most closely on the book than any other movie of the Dracula sort.

Daddy

"A Clockwork Orange" has just been watched by Clucky and I.

l a c e y

Wrench

Quote from: l a c e y on December 19, 2008, 06:41:42 PM
tropic thunder.
which is HORRIBLE.

I love that movie :(

Watched Bruce Almighty again.

l a c e y

Quote from: Wrenchninja on December 19, 2008, 07:54:11 PM
I love that movie :(

i laughed like .5  times during that movie.
i had high expectations for it and then it sucked major balls.

Bolivian Army

V for Vendetta for the first time ever.  VDood;

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Go Up